First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just trying to keep the bulb cool. My AC will keep the whole room cool enough until I turn them and have to shut up the tent for 12 hr a night.

I have hooked up my lights and moved the babies. I put the inline fan sucking cool air from a 6" outlet in the tent, through the cooltube and out the tent through another 6" outlet. It seems to be working fine -- we will see. It's 75 degrees in there iwith all the vents open and the light is 20 inches from the tops of the plants.

I have done what I can to optomise the enviornment -- It's all up to my greening thumb and fate. I'll be back in a week or so to show you-all what is going on. I feel good -- they look happy -- the temp is right -- We will see...

Like Puffin said, a duct booster fan is not going to do it. It is not a stand alone fan. It is meant to assist larger fans on long ducting runs. They simply do not move enough air and can handle no resistance.

What kind of fans are the 3 you put in the tent. If they are oscillating types that just move air around, one will be sufficient.

If your humidity is 10%, you are going to have to get it higher.

Green Mojo for your plants. Let's see what we can do to give them a growth booster here!

The Hemp Goddess said:
If your humidity is 10%, you are going to have to get it higher.

like i said before (and everyone "slammed" me for it):

mr_chow said:
optimal temperature:

>>between 70-85 degrees

optimal humidity:

>>60-70% for vegatative growth

>>40-60% during flowering
(lower rH helps to reduce the risk of fungal contamination).

>>80-90% for rooting clones and cuttings
(high humidity is a must as these new plants may not have roots to draw moisture through).

hopefully, since you said it THG, people will listen. ...they don't seem to want to listen to me.

peace,

mr_chow

Yes, people listen to The Hemp Goddess. She tells it like it is and has a tremendous track record as a grower.

The plants look good this morning -- they were dry, but not wilting or anything. I gave them water and a spray. My son (who is studying to become a doctor) has a humidifier for me -- I'll put it in there when he gets it out here. Like someone was saying. I'm on a lake. Lots of humidity out here on the boat. I'm not real concerned about RH right now. The tent (with the door open) is staying within required parimeters as far as the heat is concerned. The plants are sitting under 65,000 lumins of MH light, and I am pretty happy about the way things are looking. This is my FIRST grow. I am bound to make mistakes, but I am determined to get this boat-grow working smoothly, and I will.

I know I am going to need a bigger exhaust fan, but I won't need it until I want to shut the door of the tent, and that won't be for a few weeks. I was thinking I would pick it up next month when I have more money. I am also getting a T5 two foot four bulb fixture that will sit over the CFLs on a shelf.

Turns out that THG is right about that too. I could have bought a T5 set up for what the CFLs cost. Live and learn.

I want to fertilize these plants. I bet Hampster would. Wish he was here to mix up the nutes for me.

I will wait another few days though -- I feel ya THG :)

Mr Chow, you drop in here from parts unknown, say you have been tossed out of one forum, and then come off like you are God's gift to growing pot. Don't get me wrong. You have helped, and I appreciate all your input, but then you show some sick plants and tell us you are giving them coffee.... Well. what do you think people are thinking? No one is slambing you -- settle in here a while and earn some respect -- you can't demand it. I'm certainly not the person to be telling you this. I just dropped in here myself a couple of months ago -- I read for a long time before posting anything. It says I am a senior member now -- in a week? I feel unworthy. I'm just happy to have a place to come and learn -- thank you.

HemperFi said:
Mr Chow, you drop in here from parts unknown, ...

have i told you anything untrue? :p

(not all of us are retired and pay $400/all-in for a place to live. coffee was a necessity, not a desire. people can think what they want...if they've read my journal and seen the help its given, they would understand, i know what i know)

i hope you grow big plants, man...just here to help, not to cower to anyone.

trust but verify

peace,

mr_chow

I'm still impressed your doing this on a boat. Oh, and Mr.Chow you have no reason to have to explain your motives for helping ppl. I just came back from your thread and my thought were ' This guy knows a thing or two,for sure!' . I would think your opinion could save us new guys alot of time and errors. Ad you seem to have an understanding for the 'science' of growing (if you will). Anyhow, thanks and don't sweat alittle difference in opinion.

Here is a little update -- I nearly burnt the boat up. One of the 20AMP dock cords that give me power -- the power to a fridge, the HID, the big air-con and a few fans and lights caught on fire up in the bow of the boat where it plugs in. I was putting away laundry and smelt it burning -- lucky I was here. I think I had to many things plugged into that side of the boat. I have two 20AMP lines coming into the boat in two dock cords. I believe that should be enough power if I get things balanced out. Sheesh -- was a panic there for a minute. I went and bought a new cord and the plug which attaches it to the boat and have managed to get it plugged back in, but I'm going to think about this situation before I turn back on the HIDs. I put the plants back under the CFLs for the time being. I see what you mean about the venting being important -- it got nearly 100 degrees back there without the aircon going at high -- more thinking....

Peace

Oh wow that really scary. Man good thing you were there for sure. News would of had a field day "Local grow boat engulfed in flames Marijuana lab to blame" lol.

Better luck in the future.

I believe I have it under control. I put the HIDs on the other side and they are back on. All I have on that side with the fridge and AC are a few fans and the lights in the head. I'm thinking it's cool now. I had a very OLD dock cord, and the wiring wasn't real tight either. I have it right now. Next month I'll replace the other dock cord. They are 100 bucks each. I don't want to be in the news, lol.

Glad you got it worked out...real glad you were there when that happened.

Yeah, Hammy, I freaked out. "FIRE, FIRE. ABANDON SHIP BUBBA!

It wasn't actually that bad, but when I grabbed that cord and it just fell off in my hand smoldering and smoking, I realized how close I had come to true disaster. Alls well that ends well. I apperciate the concern.

How many watts can I safely plug into each thrity AMP side of this boat? Does anyone know?

HemperFi said:
How many watts can I safely plug into each thrity AMP side of this boat? Does anyone know?

I think you hve to figure out the amps they draw and not the watts. I remember something about 80% of their max. Not sure though.

Latest posts

Back