Grow Attempt No. 2!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeSus

Police Officer
Reaction score
Ok, first attempt was shambles, 1 out of 10 seeds germ'd, which then grew 1 inch tall in a week, then stopped and looked deformed. So i neglected it.

Im kinda more looking forward to this one, i was glad when i found out i could buy seeds online, then last week, i found out i could buy seeds from a stall in my city centre, about 30mins away, i was well pleased. Then, 3 days ago, i found out theres a shop that sells seeds thats half a mile away from my house :).

I bought Northern Lights, Germ'd 3 seeds, all of which sprouted almost half an inch in less that 48hrs. 1 root couldnt make up its mind which was it wanted to grow, pointing all over the place, and another root tip was like 2mm's wide and had started to get furry, as if the skeleton roots were beginning.

Anyhows, its a closet grow, 3 plants to start, 1 200w envirolite (Dont plan on keeping 3 plants) grow space 5ft high, 2ft 5" wide, 2ft Deep. What do you reckon?

Just placed them in soil, bit hot in there because i was impatient and germ'd seeds before my grow room is finished (Ventalation, Heat issues)

If all goes well, ill post pics, and turn this into a grow journal maybe, Ill ask questions if i come across any, But wish me luck :)

Good Luck!!!
I will follow this grow closely.

Check out my closet grow maybe you will get some ideas. the link is below. :)

get some pics up as soon as poss man,cant wait to see the ladies,good luck.

good news brother.
you'll not have any heat issues with a 200w envirolite ,thats the advantage of them.
good luck peace:)

I thought the same too, however my room is a converted attic, so whatever heat it is outside, its the same heat in my room. This really sucks when its hot, i can have 2 fans on, no clothes, and i still get boiling hot, But its the only place to have my grow room. All shoudl be fine :)

Anyhow, 18hrs later, the seed which i planted root tip up has broke soil, almost half inch tall, with TINY serated leaves, my first grow didnt grow these leaves, so im really pleased :)

One of the two that i placed root tip down has just broke soil, other will do soon. All is well, and leaves look light green. Me Is happy.

Thank you for the support, ill add pics when i can get a better camera than my mobile.

Envirolights, Who uses them?

I really want to limit how much my seedlings stretch, atm they are around 2inches,

Its probably not a problem, but how close can i put the light? im so scared of frying em :p Test time :eek:

Good luck on this grow JeSus. I will throw a prayer to the gods of green for you to be blessed with nothing but women in your grow room:cool:

I was scepticle at first whether my stupidity would allow a plant to even grow, the plants reaching two inches is achievment in itself.

Thank you, ill update when needed :)

JeSus said:
I was scepticle at first whether my stupidity would allow a plant to even grow, the plants reaching two inches is achievment in itself.

Thank you, ill update when needed :)

Rule #1 in clever_intuitions book on life is "Never doubt yourself":D

Heres some HUGE pics, so sorry to the people who are on slow internet.

Only a couple, and one or two high quality close up of seedlings!

Planted on the night of 7th of september.
Currently 3 nights old after breaking soil.

All Northern Lights, under 200w Envirolite.

DSC00508.JPG

DSC00507.JPG

DSC00505.JPG

DSC00501.JPG

Second set of leaves showing now, im amazed how quickly it grows, i just love coming home and seeing a change in my plants :D

Plant watching is addictive :)

Edit: Ooo, mini disaster, i turned the fan on full by accident, it it blasted the biggest seedling over, ripped it out of the soil :eek: Had to make it stable again and add another inch of soil to hold it :( hope the damn thing recovers, it was doing so well :p

Update: Day 9 days old

These things really grow quick, but you only really noticed when you look back at a picture of how it was at 3 or so days old.

They dont seem to be drinking much, so water is every 2/3days. and odd spray on the soil when top looks really dry. I need to get myself a moisture tester, along with a PH meter, just so i know what im doing. However no problems to record just yet. Just one or two TINY insects running really fast around the soil.

I bought a bottle of Nitrozyme pure organic growth enhancer, upon reading reviews, it was only reccomened to use as foliar spraying. So i used my spray bottle, and gave my smallest plant a spray, moved light further away so it doesnt burn and wanted to see if it caught the others up. It hasnt done much, but im expecting too much i guess, and it also leaves residue from when the water has gone. Like when salt water evaporates and it leaves the residue.

Heres a few pictures, not very good but some pics are better than no pics, they are also huge so i apologise.

DSC00518.JPG

DSC00519.JPG

DSC00514.JPG

DSC00520.JPG

You must be doing something right!:) Thats a lot of growth in six days. IMO

SmokinMom said:
Wow, looking awesome so far! I look forward to watching these grow. :)
definatly ,,,, keep us posted i wanna see where these are going ,,,good luck and good start.

Thanks,

I know some people would rather see huge bugging monster plants, but upon joining the forum, i would of really liked to seen pics and grow journals from the early veg, that way could figure out what my plant should look like at so many days old.

Appreciate all your comments, and thanks very much :D I slightly curled my leaves today by covering the grow room with a towel to keep light in, temp was 94 this morning, and dropped to 80 within 20seconds of having the door open. They are recovering quickly :D bin like 1 hr and they look back to normal.

I also forgot to mention, the plants are 9 days only, and i can smell weeeed!

Its a good and bad thing, i was allowing two or three weeks from them to start smelling, then id have money to buy filter etc, but 9 days? :(

IMO:

Dont give any nutes for 2/3 weeks. Enough nutes in the soil as a seedling.
Dont want to burn them this early in their lives.. might stunt their growth.

If I was you. I would transplant them into pots they are going to finish in.
Its alot easier and neater when they are small, and imo less stressful on
the plants.

goodluck

Latest posts

Back