Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It basically let's you get up real close with awesome detail. Like this fly
View attachment 289018
OK, that's scary.
RAGU Endoscope Camera, 1080P HD Borescope 4.3” LCD Screen Inspection Camera IP67 Waterproof Industrial Endoscope with 8 Dimmable LEDs 16.4ft Semi-Rigid Cord
What do you think of this one. No WI-Fi or Apps to deal with. Camera and video with 32GB memory card. ????

The only thing I don't like about it is the 1.9 inch focal point. You might be better off getting a clip on macro lense for your phone/tablet that will give you a close look at not only sex, but trichomes as well.

Just an example:

Xenvo Pro Lens Kit for iPhone and Android, Macro and Wide Angle Lens with LED Light and Travel Case

The only thing I don't like about it is the 1.9 inch focal point. You might be better off getting a clip on macro lense for your phone/tablet that will give you a close look at not only sex, but trichomes as well.

Just an example:

Xenvo Pro Lens Kit for iPhone and Android, Macro and Wide Angle Lens with LED Light and Travel Case
Xenvo ordered....Be here Sunday. The scope would come in handy for home, car, truck and motorhome. We have a 4 - 6 week trip planned and are installing a radio and GPS system to our motorhome. I ordered the scope too; we'll use it. Thank you for all suggestions ect....
Keep checking but don't see anymore male parts on any of the other plants.
I was on youtube watching various gardening tips. There was one gut who trimmed off all the big leaves that cast shadows on the lower branches. Is it time to start trimming extra foliage. Thanks as usual. 🌱 🙃

Attachments

• 022422bigleaves.jpg
    022422bigleaves.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 022422bigleaves1.jpg
    022422bigleaves1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 9
Are you planning on topping or LST your plants? I just defoliated mine, but I'm pretty sure I over did it. I'm on my first grow too btw

Attachments

• IMG_20220224_164256.jpg
    IMG_20220224_164256.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 11
Absolutely….only will help, not too much though. 30 % of the overall growth is ok to trim. Per mister @bigsur51, I believe he said.
Also if you plan to top any of them now might be the time judging by the height.

yes sir , about 30%………..but please keep in mind , as the plant grows one can still continue to defoliate to keep the rate constant

plus , some of the bigger fan leaves will start to turn yellow and die so when those signs appear those leafs can also be removed

the closer I get to harvest , around the last two weeks , I defoliate very heavy , removing as many of the main stalk fan leaves as I can and then work my way out each branch

to me , defoliating my plant by hand is a lot easier then trimming them off with scisssors………but then again I am usually dealing with large plants 10’feet

it’s all relative

Thanks spunom, I have a general sense of what I'm doing but I don't have the exact science down. I've read so many articles and watched hundreds of youtube videos however its great to have another person's feedback.

Are you planning on topping or LST your plants? I just defoliated mine, but I'm pretty sure I over did it. I'm on my first grow too btw
Ahhh...That looks nice. I picked off a few large 3 finger fan leaves that had stems turning light brown and another sprout(s) started above it/them. What size pot are you using? They look like fabric.
Mine are 12, 9, and 8 weeks. That's counting from...uhhh...survival??? I didn't know when to start counting; so many died. Is switching from veg phase to flower phase at a certain age? size?
They are starting to really drink up the water. I'm using the "heft test" system. I lift them - heavy/no water - light/1 cup. They have all been in the fresh soil for a week now and are happy. How do I know they want to be fed? (Just had a Little Shop of Horrors flash back-the giant man eating flower.) I don't have runoff to test for nutrients or PH. Just a probe tester that measures moisture, light and PH. Thanks all....

🌱 🙃

As far as switching from veg to flower, in the past once I finally make it to my 6th internode or set of leaves/branches from the bottom, I have been successful. They will double in size so you need to consider you height and space requirements. Some sativas (in my opinion only) never 100% stop stretching. Mine was quick answer. Your in great hands with the others watching over you. Regardless of the equipment you have or do not have... get a decent (not cheapest) light timer for sure if you haven't got one already!!! Not the most expensive either but... And, watch your / watch out for light pollution during your dark cycle once you flip to 12/12. You want total black out darkness if you can help it during dark cycle with no peeking in there (by you) during said dark cycle..

Originally I used the red cup then transplanted to 3 gallon pots and now they're in 6 gallon pots. They're not really filled to the 6 gallon marker and are probably close r to 4.5 gallon. Even the 3 gallon pots were more filled to like 2.5 gallons. They are fabric and one is actually from November which makes it close to 4 months old and the other is 2 months old but the first one was grown in really bad conditions (temp 60 degrees, humidity 30%, pH was 7.9).

I'm just using an octopot since I'm gone most of the time and I can't really trust my wife to pH the water plus the ppm of nutrients. My water from the tap changes a lot so its kind of a pain in the behind.

But I'm jealous of you Julie since your plants look so much more healthy and robust!!!! Best wishes to you and your crop!

Absolutely….only will help, not too much though. 30 % of the overall growth is ok to trim. Per mister @bigsur51, I believe he said.
Also if you plan to top any of them now might be the time judging by the height.
I know I can look it up but what does topping do? And LST? At least I feel like I'm doing something now. I check them often and talk to them. Good thing they aren't corn cause I'd talk their ear off.... 😂🌱🙃

As far as switching from veg to flower, in the past once I finally make it to my 6th internode or set of leaves/branches from the bottom, I have been successful. They will double in size so you need to consider you height and space requirements. Some sativas (in my opinion only) never 100% stop stretching. Mine was quick answer. Your in great hands with the others watching over you. Regardless of the equipment you have or do not have... get a decent (not cheapest) light timer for sure if you haven't got one already!!! Not the most expensive either but... And, watch your / watch out for light pollution during your dark cycle once you flip to 12/12. You want total black out darkness if you can help it during dark cycle with no peeking in there (by you) during said dark cycle..
How long is the darkness phase? Or is it everyday after the switching to flower? OK, no peeking.

LOL take their ears off!
So topping fim lst and hst are ways to make the plant get more bushy so more light hits it. If you don't , then you'll mainly have just 1 large cola and that's about it. It makes more sites to grow and is more efficient
Also they need complete darkness during their night time phase otherwise the night cycle hormones will be interrupted and will go back to veg cycles or possibly even convert to males

Thanks spunom, I have a general sense of what I'm doing but I don't have the exact science down. I've read so many articles and watched hundreds of youtube videos however its great to have another person's feedback.
Right.... I'm all grown up now-I belong to a forum. It is great to have all of you assisting the grow. 🌱👍🙃

Hey look at the bright side
You'll never have to pay for another colonoscopy

Right.... I'm all grown up now-I belong to a forum. It is great to have all of you assisting the grow. 🌱👍🙃
you may be the only one grown up here Julie . We don't equate being old to being grown up ...

Latest posts

Back