Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Male on the right will show little balls like this
Female will have pistils the long stringy things
1645549776322.png

I definitely have 2 different strains going. The shorter ones are Shock Trauma and the others are Glue Cookies. I think. The ST plants are at least 12 weeks old (if I'm reading my calendar right). I killed them off so fast I was sprouting new ones as the ones before were dying. The lanky one literally grew 3 inches overnight. I am looking for telltale signs of boys v girls but am still unsure. I decided I want to be really sure who can stay and who will be brownies so I ordered gender tests. 😜
They have been on a light schedule of 18/6. 70 deg give or take and right around 50% humidity. Hurry up and wait? Oh... am I supposed to pinch off the top growth at some point so they can spread out more? I also ordered some mini tomato cages that are adjustable. The rings can be adjusted and they can be moved up or down to put them where you need them. I already have plant clips.
I think I can safely say that the Fox Farm Ocean Forest is a good choice for grow medium. I still have the Big Blossom fertilizer for later. I'm just keeping them damp for now. Have a great day all......🌱🙃

Attachments

• 022322.jpg
    022322.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 022322a.jpg
    022322a.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 10
View attachment 288915
This one just showed sex yesterday.
This is what I just found a few minutes ago. What do you think? I'm going to find my 35mm camera to see it I can get a better picture. If you look close can you see the little ball thing? This is one of the oldest plants so it would make sense it would show first. Should I take it out of the tent for now? I was thinking to wait for the gender tests I ordered before I yank it up. I could isolate it in the nursery tent for a few days while I wait.
I never had luck with them after numerous attempts . I believe they remain to damp and rot the seeds before they get a chance to pop. I could be wrong, but it does not happen often................LOL
Agree - they stay damp and get moldy (tried them). Also I have found over the years in my vegetable garden that the peat pots don't actually break down. The roots can't get through the thick layer of whatever it is. If you did want to grow them is something other than the Solo cup (which I am a believer - tried to re-invent the wheel and should of just did what everyone said) you could try **** Pots. They are on Amazon and they are made from cow patties. They do tear up/break down a lot faster. But, again soggy...In theory, if the seedlings do survive, you could plant the baby into the next pot without trying to remove it from the **** pot. Once it gets wet and soggy it goes all to pieces. I fought the Solo cup process but really is the best. I think I killed at least 12-18 seeds/seedlings until I did "the CUP"..... 🌱 🌱

Attachments

• 022322 boy.jpg
    022322 boy.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 022322boy1.jpg
    022322boy1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 022322 boy2.jpg
    022322 boy2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 13
This is what I just found a few minutes ago. What do you think? I'm going to find my 35mm camera to see it I can get a better picture. If you look close can you see the little ball thing? This is one of the oldest plants so it would make sense it would show first. Should I take it out of the tent for now? I was thinking to wait for the gender tests I ordered before I yank it up. I could isolate it in the nursery tent for a few days while I wait.

Agree - they stay damp and get moldy (tried them). Also I have found over the years in my vegetable garden that the peat pots don't actually break down. The roots can't get through the thick layer of whatever it is. If you did want to grow them is something other than the Solo cup (which I am a believer - tried to re-invent the wheel and should of just did what everyone said) you could try **** Pots. They are on Amazon and they are made from cow patties. They do tear up/break down a lot faster. But, again soggy...In theory, if the seedlings do survive, you could plant the baby into the next pot without trying to remove it from the **** pot. Once it gets wet and soggy it goes all to pieces. I fought the Solo cup process but really is the best. I think I killed at least 12-18 seeds/seedlings until I did "the CUP"..... 🌱 🌱
I put the suspect male plant in quarantine...And I have an idea. I am shopping for an endoscope. It's really for looking down sewer pipes and such BUT will give me access to all the small parts. Does anyone else use one? I tried the Wi-Fi microscope and it sucked. Couldn't get it to talk to my phone. The one I'm looking at has a monitor and comes with a 32 G SD card. Input fellow growers???? 🌱 🙃

I use one at work when I absolutely have to so I can see the gears n stuff inside transmissions. I've only ever used that one, and its a cheap pos. I bet a good one with a macro setting would work well for what you are looking to use it for.

I use one at work when I absolutely have to so I can see the gears n stuff inside transmissions. I've only ever used that one, and its a cheap pos. I bet a good one with a macro setting would work well for what you are looking to use it for.
Right? I'm on the hunt. What's a macro setting?:oops: 🌱

Latest posts

Back