Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. Double albums were the best. Not to glossy but just enough to let the seeds slide. And of course it had to be a cool album. Like dark side of the moon. Good ole days huh. Remember the MaryGin?
MaryGin doesn’t ring a bell but a lot of the time, I feel as though my bell has been rung…

Todays trichomes pictures. I hope it's getting close. I found 1 nanner on D-1. Really small-I clipped it off.

Herman (E-2) is doing OK outside. Getting morning sun and I'll give it a little evening sun when I go out to water. The buds look expanded and not tight anymore. Should I harvest it? Pictures E2H and E2Ha are included.

You'll have to explain the seed thing. Am I getting seeds? Only on Herman? What if I find immature seeds on the others?
I started this project last April. I'm trying hard to follow all the advice from real growers and not just from the books I bought. I'd rather know what you all think rather than YouTube videos too. Thanks everyone. 🤔 🙃🌱

Attachments

• 052922C1a.jpg
    052922C1a.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 052922C2.jpg
    052922C2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 052922C2a.jpg
    052922C2a.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 052922D1.jpg
    052922D1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 052922E1.jpg
    052922E1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 052922E2H.jpg
    052922E2H.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 052922E2Ha.jpg
    052922E2Ha.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 052922C1.jpg
    052922C1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 8
Are you starting more seeds for this summer? Do you have a yard or able to grow outside or is this all inside?
My original plan was to grow outside however I struggled with getting plants to even grow. It was December before I had progress. By then I set up a 30" X 30" grow tent and that's what I'm using instead. The hermie is now outside and seems ok.
Now I'm more confident and have already purchased for summer planting. That being said I can't start until we get back the first of August so I'm not sure if that's too late. I haven't looked up the growing schedule of what I bought. Weather here is really mild but I think I would still want to set up some sort of greenhouse over the grow whether in the raised bed or pots. 👍 🌱 🙃

Todays trichomes pictures. I hope it's getting close. I found 1 nanner on D-1. Really small-I clipped it off.

Herman (E-2) is doing OK outside. Getting morning sun and I'll give it a little evening sun when I go out to water. The buds look expanded and not tight anymore. Should I harvest it? Pictures E2H and E2Ha are included.

You'll have to explain the seed thing. Am I getting seeds? Only on Herman? What if I find immature seeds on the others?
I started this project last April. I'm trying hard to follow all the advice from real growers and not just from the books I bought. I'd rather know what you all think rather than YouTube videos too. Thanks everyone. 🤔 🙃🌱
You will probably get some seeds at the very least on Herman. It depends on if any of the male flowers opened and some pollen got to floating around. Another member on here said he has grown his hermie seeds and all the plants from the seeds have been female. The way feminized seeds are made is by self pollination of a female plant forced to hermie with colloidal silver or gibberilic acid I believe. So you may get some feminized seeds(I am being a ‘bright side’ Fogey this morning). Hermie is still throwing up some white pistils so I would let her/him ride. As far as trichome pics go, to tell when your plants are ready to harvest, you need to look at them under magnification(like 30x or more) to estimate the number of amber, cloudy and clear trichomes(sorry if I am saying something you already know, I am a bit spacey this morning). I shoot for about 20-30% amber but I don’t like my buzz to be too ‘racy’. I like a more mellow buzz. If you have some magnified pics(I suck at getting magnified pics because I shake a bit), post those if you want recommendations on if they are ripe. You will get several different opinions(lol) and several of them may be right(lol). What are you feeding them? The fan leaves look super healthy. I don’t see any ‘fade’. Usually when feeding bloom nutes, the lowered nitrogen causes the fan leaves to lose some green. I think I would cut back on feeding them. I have shiny green leave envy though. The longer you wait to chop, the bigger and fatter your buds will be(to a certain point) but that will be dependent on the trichomes.

You will probably get some seeds at the very least on Herman. It depends on if any of the male flowers opened and some pollen got to floating around. Another member on here said he has grown his hermie seeds and all the plants from the seeds have been female. The way feminized seeds are made is by self pollination of a female plant forced to hermie with colloidal silver or gibberilic acid I believe. So you may get some feminized seeds(I am being a ‘bright side’ Fogey this morning). Hermie is still throwing up some white pistils so I would let her/him ride. As far as trichome pics go, to tell when your plants are ready to harvest, you need to look at them under magnification(like 30x or more) to estimate the number of amber, cloudy and clear trichomes(sorry if I am saying something you already know, I am a bit spacey this morning). I shoot for about 20-30% amber but I don’t like my buzz to be too ‘racy’. I like a more mellow buzz. If you have some magnified pics(I suck at getting magnified pics because I shake a bit), post those if you want recommendations on if they are ripe. You will get several different opinions(lol) and several of them may be right(lol). What are you feeding them? The fan leaves look super healthy. I don’t see any ‘fade’. Usually when feeding bloom nutes, the lowered nitrogen causes the fan leaves to lose some green. I think I would cut back on feeding them. I have shiny green leave envy though. The longer you wait to chop, the bigger and fatter your buds will be(to a certain point) but that will be dependent on the trichomes.
[/QUOTE
I actually fed very little. Fox Farm Big Bloom and the Tiger one. I stopped feeding about a week ago. There are pictures from yesterday back a few posts if you want to chime in on the trichomes. The seed thing is interesting. I did not buy feminized seeds because of cost vs my inability to grow them.

Updated Trichomes pictures. Am I getting close? Harvest soon? 🤔They look like they are getting milky but I don't see anything that looks amber or golden. Herman is happy outdoors-no new "nanners." Two have very yellowing leaves and the rest are still nice and green. I'm hoping for harvest soon. Let me know what Y'all think. Thank you.🌱🙃

Attachments

• 060122.jpg
    060122.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 060122a.jpg
    060122a.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 060122b.jpg
    060122b.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 060122c.jpg
    060122c.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 060122d.jpg
    060122d.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 060122e.jpg
    060122e.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 060122f.jpg
    060122f.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 060122g.jpg
    060122g.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 060122Herman.jpg
    060122Herman.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 5
It is impossible to tell without more magnification. I can’t see the individual trichomes. However, I would say you have more time to go. Sorry. I know this is not what you want to read. I have been there more than once. Good things come to those who wait…

You may see some amber with a magnifying glass, at least 30X. With lower magnification the amber ones look white like the others. Took me a while to figure that out. All the pistils are curling in and changing color, so you're getting close.

You may see some amber with a magnifying glass, at least 30X. With lower magnification the amber ones look white like the others. Took me a while to figure that out. All the pistils are curling in and changing color, so you're getting close.
The bud stems are surprisingly heavy all of a sudden. Water only and plenty. I have fabric pots so they dry out pretty fast. Ambient humidity under 50%. Temp in tent from 75 to 83. Hurry up and wait.
The pictures are pretty close to what I see in the magnifier (X30). I wiggle too much to look through the X60 lens but maybe I can stabilize it so I can see. Monday was 10 weeks since I switched to the 12/12. Shock Trauma and Glue Cookies seem to be what I'm growing but have not looked up flowering time.
I have stuff to handle harvest and drying. I am toying with the idea of using Herman for edibles plus the trimmings.
Thank you all.🙃

Harvest is getting closer. The trichomes are kind of curling. I thought I saw a few amber ones but I think it was the brown pistil that it was next to. They've been flowering 11 weeks tomorrow.
SO, I have a question;
Does anyone do edibles with their grow? I have the Bong Appetite cook book which is really good because it tells how to decarboxylate in a box like I got for in the oven or by the sous vide method. Which I've wanted to try the sous vide cooking so I found a good deal on Ebay. Doesn't have to cost hundreds - don't need the giant square tub cause where are you going to keep it? The 11" cooking pot lid with the sous vide hole cut out was $11 on Amazon. I have a Food Saver Plus which I LOVE. I get bacon or pork chops on sale and vacuum them for the freezer. ... Back to my question - can anyone recommend a book? Is infusing butter the best thing? Are there some simple cookie or brownie recipie(s)?
Happy Growing!!! 🍪🌱🙃

I make my cannabutter using coconut oil in a slow cooker. I don’t decarb either. I use about 500 grams of coconut oil and as much trim and popcorn buds as I can cover with water in the slow cooker( probably about 2000 grams). I slow cook it on low for 12 or so hours. I then strain it thru a wire sieve. To get as much of the oil out of the cooked weed, I use a potato ricer to squeeze out as much as I can. Then put the liquid in the fridge so the cannabutter solidifies. I get about 4 batches of brownies per slow cooker batch and near as I can tell, it keeps for years in the freezer(I still have cannabutter from 5 or so years ago and it still works). When I make brownies with it, I follow the directions on the bakers chocolate but bake at 300 deg F until a toothpick comes out clean. I think the low temp baking decarbs the cannabinoids as it cooks(because they get me baked-pun intended) but I don’t think it vaporizers much of the terpenes(good anti inflammatory properties along with the mellow buzz). I cut the brownies into 1” cubes and get about 140 cubes which is a little over a gram of cannabutter per cube. Half a cube is good for me but too much for Mrs Fogey. No idea of how many mg of cannabinoids per brownie but they beat the pants off of dispensary edibles. Sorry. I got a bit chatty…

No
I make my cannabutter using coconut oil in a slow cooker. I don’t decarb either. I use about 500 grams of coconut oil and as much trim and popcorn buds as I can cover with water in the slow cooker( probably about 2000 grams). I slow cook it on low for 12 or so hours. I then strain it thru a wire sieve. To get as much of the oil out of the cooked weed, I use a potato ricer to squeeze out as much as I can. Then put the liquid in the fridge so the cannabutter solidifies. I get about 4 batches of brownies per slow cooker batch and near as I can tell, it keeps for years in the freezer(I still have cannabutter from 5 or so years ago and it still works). When I make brownies with it, I follow the directions on the bakers chocolate but bake at 300 deg F until a toothpick comes out clean. I think the low temp baking decarbs the cannabinoids as it cooks(because they get me baked-pun intended) but I don’t think it vaporizers much of the terpenes(good anti inflammatory properties along with the mellow buzz). I cut the brownies into 1” cubes and get about 140 cubes which is a little over a gram of cannabutter per cube. Half a cube is good for me but too much for Mrs Fogey. No idea of how many mg of cannabinoids per brownie but they beat the pants off of dispensary edibles. Sorry. I got a bit chatty…
No, please chat....Homemade brownies starting with the good chocolate. We are going to the grocery store in the morning so I'll check out the baking isle.
Fun!!!

So, Herman is outside and so happy. He/She is making seeds - lots and lots of seeds. So reading what you wrote, the seeds could potentially be harvested and planted? Well, when are the seeds mature? All the trichomes on all plants look the same- still clear/whiteish and kind of slightly withering? Not as straight as they were.
If I'm going to use Herman for cooking does it get harvest with the same protocol on the trichomes like the rest? Mostly cloudy and some amber. Or can I cut it early? Does it have the same high in food? I did order a cook book that had really good reviews so I'm getting prepared. 🤔 🌱🙃

Latest posts

Back