Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't 2000 grams like 70 ounces? That's some powerful brownies.
It is trim mostly. Anything but the main stalks go in(stems, whatever fan leaves are left on the plant too). A brown paper grocery bag about 3/4’s full that I smash down into the coconut oil and water. Not a lot of trichomes(relative to buds). They will put a hurtin’ on you though.

One little trick I learned when pickin' nanners was to have a squirt bottle full of water. Give 'em a little squirt before you pull 'em. It keeps the pollen from flying around.
My first hydro grow, I mistakenly put a male plant (I swear it looked like a female) in a SCROG. He showed his balls, and I freaked out for my ladies. Took a squirt bottle and soaked him real good and took him out in pieces. Not one lady got pollinated. Luck and water were my friend that grow.

So, Herman is outside and so happy. He/She is making seeds - lots and lots of seeds. So reading what you wrote, the seeds could potentially be harvested and planted? Well, when are the seeds mature? All the trichomes on all plants look the same- still clear/whiteish and kind of slightly withering? Not as straight as they were.
If I'm going to use Herman for cooking does it get harvest with the same protocol on the trichomes like the rest? Mostly cloudy and some amber. Or can I cut it early? Does it have the same high in food? I did order a cook book that had really good reviews so I'm getting prepared. 🤔 🌱🙃
My seeded micro clones I have outside are revegging so I am unsure how to gauge when a flowering plant from inside that goes outside is ready for harvest. A couple of years ago when I let a male pollinate the girls outside, I let them go until they were about 20% amber. At that point, the seed bracts were breaking open and you could see the seeds inside were brown. I opened up one seed bract on my outside microclones a couple of days ago and the seed was white and definitely not ready. I am going to wait until the seed bracts open a bit before I chop those(lol-I will probably get a gram off of each plant but the are 6 inches tall and growing in a soda can). If you have lots of seeds, you can always break open a bract now and then to check how the seeds are progressing. I found this picture on the internet…
D0C0050E-AC21-45FD-9354-402A5E9FC4B2.jpeg

It is trim mostly. Anything but the main stalks go in(stems, whatever fan leaves are left on the plant too). A brown paper grocery bag about 3/4’s full that I smash down into the coconut oil and water. Not a lot of trichomes(relative to buds). They will put a hurtin’ on you though.
Also I trim wet so the 2000 grams is not dried herb. That is a key piece of info I guess… ;)

One little trick I learned when pickin' nanners was to have a squirt bottle full of water. Give 'em a little squirt before you pull 'em. It keeps the pollen from flying around.
My first hydro grow, I mistakenly put a male plant (I swear it looked like a female) in a SCROG. He showed his balls, and I freaked out for my ladies. Took a squirt bottle and soaked him real good and took him out in pieces. Not one lady got pollinated. Luck and water were my friend that grow.
Brilliant..... One of the girls look like it has a few buds trying to seed. I'm OK with what ever happens.

Brilliant..... One of the girls look like it has a few buds trying to seed. I'm OK with what ever happens.
almost as bad as walking in on your woman with another man. Almost. That sudden heat flash feeling of life just falling out of you. All hope is not lost though. She has a sister. Lol. No for real though, they are regenerating. Thank god. I couldn't have made it any later. Nick of time save for sure. They weren't frozen for very long. Oh man. I'm curious how they will turn out. This one is the worst I think.

Attachments

• 20220605_155217.jpg
    20220605_155217.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 6
I tried to blow up the pictures before I loaded them tonight. Now can you see the trichomes? Also 2 plants have leaves started really turning yellow. Just waiting till we all agree it's harvest time. Yesterday was 11 weeks flowering.
I think I'm all set for drying. I have a drying rack and a small small oscillating fan that will fit in the tent nicely.
Let me know what you think.... 🤔 👍

Attachments

• 060722Trichomes.jpg
    060722Trichomes.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 060722Trichomesa.jpg
    060722Trichomesa.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 060722Trichomesb.jpg
    060722Trichomesb.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 060722Trichomesc.jpg
    060722Trichomesc.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 060722.jpg
    060722.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 9
That's my biggest fear being that this is my first grow, I pull mine and go round them every 2 days. I had some yellowing problems and ladies were dropping leaves and yellowing prematurely due to a nutrient deficiency. I was really worried about them herming.

How big are Nanners if they appear?

FYI-my revegging tortured clones with seeds are looking like they switched off the ‘ripen seeds’ signal. The bracts are breaking open and the seeds are green. I am going to leave them be but it doesn’t bode well for viable seeds from these plants. In all fairness to them, the were cloned and put into 12/12 once I saw roots then put outside of your planted in 12 oz soda cans so they are not my best work… ;)
1E373F61-D55E-4B53-BAA9-59DCC8012480.jpeg

That's my biggest fear being that this is my first grow, I pull mine and go round them every 2 days. I had some yellowing problems and ladies were dropping leaves and yellowing prematurely due to a nutrient deficiency. I was really worried about them herming.

How big are Nanners if they appear?
Here are the nanner pictures from my plant. The third picture shows them sprouting out the tip. They are bright yellow and shaped like ......you guessed it-a banana. I think the point is to watch for a bright yellow tip poking out the side or top of the bud. It looks like it doesn't belong there. I think it might be kinda bad when they get that size.
The back story is that I had all the plants "dna" checked by two labs and the 6 I had "are" all girls. I didn't know to look for the change. From what I understand is that a light leak can throw them off and one or more might change so the lab work was just fine. I don't think I have a light leak but I'm careful to close the door and put a towel under it to keep the hall lights out while we get near harvest.
SO EXCITED!!! it's been over a year to get to this point. :D👍🌱🙃

Attachments

• 052222nanners.jpg
    052222nanners.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 052422nanner.jpg
    052422nanner.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 052422nannera.jpg
    052422nannera.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 052422nannerb.jpg
    052422nannerb.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 8
This is the best trichomes pics from yesterday. It will be 12 weeks tomorrow that I put them on 12/12. I think they are right there-one of them had definite tris that were turning amber. They look like the tris are shrinking and getting dense. I think harvest must be close. Can anyone see in the pictures? I tried to blow them up so you can see the detail. Input please..... Thank you all. 🤔 🙃

Attachments

• 061122Herman.JPG
    061122Herman.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 061122B2.jpg
    061122B2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 061122C1.jpg
    061122C1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 061122E1.jpg
    061122E1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 061122C2.jpg
    061122C2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 11
  • 061122D1.jpg
    061122D1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 10
This is the best trichomes pics from yesterday. It will be 12 weeks tomorrow that I put them on 12/12. I think they are right there-one of them had definite tris that were turning amber. They look like the tris are shrinking and getting dense. I think harvest must be close. Can anyone see in the pictures? I tried to blow them up so you can see the detail. Input please..... Thank you all. 🤔 🙃
Is it snowing there? Looks like there's snow all over them. 🚬😊

12 weeks is a long time to wait I know checking them everyday too can be exhausting to one’s mind. My last grew went 13 weeks. I can’t see the amber but my eyes aren’t that great. Just keep checking for that amber. When you see it, sleep on it before you hack them down and you may be ready on one branch/plant and not another so check them all in case you can do a partial harvest. Good luck. It’s great to be almost there. Congratulations on your grow 😎

I grew some Thai years ago. I chopped it at 14 weeks out of frustration mostly. There were very few ambers. The buzz was very nice though. I see mostly cloudy but the pics are still a bit blurry(it is hard to take good pics at 30+ magnification). Maybe your plant won’t get many ambers like my Thai grow. Personally, I would probably chop one and give the others a bit more time(as I recall you have 4 including Herman). Then you can see how the different harvest times affect the buzz.

12 weeks is a long time to wait I know checking them everyday too can be exhausting to one’s mind. My last grew went 13 weeks. I can’t see the amber but my eyes aren’t that great. Just keep checking for that amber. When you see it, sleep on it before you hack them down and you may be ready on one branch/plant and not another so check them all in case you can do a partial harvest. Good luck. It’s great to be almost there. Congratulations on your grow 😎
It is a good feeling isnt it?

Bubba

Latest posts

Back