Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D016BA55-E114-404D-985E-00AE1F2459CC.jpeg

I always like a shoe box lid. Better even than a gatefold Album! (Maybe not the "Big Bamboo" Cheech and Chong record.
How many out there smoked the giant paper from it?)

Bubba
Believe it or not, our copy still has the paper. Don’t know how the heck it made it…

What's a bud trimmer?🤔
Scrawny little things....Here's what's left of Herman. He/She is hanging in my office. Going after more today after work. I will try to get a good picture-the best one that grew straight and had the most buds has lots of amber.

So this is what I learned. Lower the light at seedling stage so they don't stretch too much. Grow in veg longer. Make use of the grow light better.

Trimmer looks cool. What I also learned is that if you have really big plants to trim you will be there a while. I will get through mine no problem because they are miniatures. I can't image even wrangling one of the big ones when you cut it down let alone give it a detailed haircut. 👍 🌱 🙃

Attachments

• 061522HermanHarvest.jpg
    061522HermanHarvest.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 061522HermanHarvesta.jpg
    061522HermanHarvesta.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 061522HermanHarvestb.jpg
    061522HermanHarvestb.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 6
Always surprising how much bud the little plants produce. The first couple I harvested were about Herman's size. That was last winter, and I still have several un-smoked ounces.

Well, it's done. Finished up today and they are tucked away in the tent where I can start to adjust the temp and hum to proper drying environment. I didn't notice how dark the one plant turned almost overnight. Anyway, that confirms The Black. I need to go back through my notes to confirm the others.
A little disappointing; I think they all have seeds. Plant D-1 for and Herman for sure. Clipping is tedious. Can't imagine a regular size plant.
This has been fun. I saved all the trim from the buds all covered in glistening goodness. Reading up on process to get to edibles.
When can we try it? 🌱 🙃

Attachments

• 061722harvest.jpg
    061722harvest.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 061722harvesta.jpg
    061722harvesta.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 061722harvesttheblackb.jpg
    061722harvesttheblackb.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 061722harvesttheblack.jpg
    061722harvesttheblack.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 061722harvestb.jpg
    061722harvestb.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 061722harvesttent.jpg
    061722harvesttent.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 2
Well, it's done. Finished up today and they are tucked away in the tent where I can start to adjust the temp and hum to proper drying environment. I didn't notice how dark the one plant turned almost overnight. Anyway, that confirms The Black. I need to go back through my notes to confirm the others.
A little disappointing; I think they all have seeds. Plant D-1 for and Herman for sure. Clipping is tedious. Can't imagine a regular size plant.
This has been fun. I saved all the trim from the buds all covered in glistening goodness. Reading up on process to get to edibles.
When can we try it? 🌱 🙃
You can start to make edibles now. The trim does not need to dry.

You can start to make edibles now. The trim does not need to dry.
I should add that most people decarb before extracting the cannabinoids for edibles. I believe my slow cooker method of making cannabutter decarbs during the 12+ hours of simmering though I have no scientific data to support my belief. I do have anecdotal evidence that the slow cooking does decarb since I just made a batch of butter that I tried a bit too much of(it tasted horrible)and I got plowed under. My brownies, which I always assumed decarbing was taking place by cooking the batch at 300 deg F for about an hour, never fail to get me as baked as the brownies. If you plan on making tincture and not cooking with it, I would recommend decarbing the trim.

I should add that most people decarb before extracting the cannabinoids for edibles. I believe my slow cooker method of making cannabutter decarbs during the 12+ hours of simmering though I have no scientific data to support my belief. I do have anecdotal evidence that the slow cooking does decarb since I just made a batch of butter that I tried a bit too much of(it tasted horrible)and I got plowed under. My brownies, which I always assumed decarbing was taking place by cooking the batch at 300 deg F for about an hour, never fail to get me as baked as the brownies. If you plan on making tincture and not cooking with it, I would recommend decarbing the trim.
Hey so, it occured to me??? How much time do you have to use the decarbed trim/buds???? Can they be stored? 🤔

Hey so, it occured to me??? How much time do you have to use the decarbed trim/buds???? Can they be stored? 🤔
I don’t know the answer. I do know that my cannabutter stays potent for 5+ years in my freezer. If you use coconut oil(as opposed to regular butter), it will keep for more than 5 years.

I don’t know the answer. I do know that my cannabutter stays potent for 5+ years in my freezer. If you use coconut oil(as opposed to regular butter), it will keep for more than 5 years.
I have both while I'm still thinking. Still thinking. I did a test and took all the loose trim that I thought was "dry" and put it in 2 jars. I put the hygrometers in. One was 60 something and the other was 75. I opened them, gave them a shake and they are breathing. I'm practicing for curing the buds.
I also looked up 500 grams to one pound of butter. That's 17 ounces. I'm still confused. How do I weigh it for making butter if it's wet or dry? OR how much volume is about enough? I still have Herman to deal with but they all seem to be full of seeds. I was going to sacrifice him/her for the better good and make brownies or lemon bars (still thinking-have all the ingredients for both). Or, at the least I guess I should try some.
So, thought I'd go get one of the Marygins for sale on ebay. Only one left and out of my budget so I'll try your "old school" methods of de-seeding 😉

All I can tell ya is trial and error. You really can't screw it up. If it turns out weak, you can always add more herb. If it turns out a little too strong for ya, you've got the option of not using as much in a recipe or diluting it with more butter. It's all according to your personal taste.

I have both while I'm still thinking. Still thinking. I did a test and took all the loose trim that I thought was "dry" and put it in 2 jars. I put the hygrometers in. One was 60 something and the other was 75. I opened them, gave them a shake and they are breathing. I'm practicing for curing the buds.
I also looked up 500 grams to one pound of butter. That's 17 ounces. I'm still confused. How do I weigh it for making butter if it's wet or dry? OR how much volume is about enough? I still have Herman to deal with but they all seem to be full of seeds. I was going to sacrifice him/her for the better good and make brownies or lemon bars (still thinking-have all the ingredients for both). Or, at the least I guess I should try some.
So, thought I'd go get one of the Marygins for sale on ebay. Only one left and out of my budget so I'll try your "old school" methods of de-seeding 😉
The batch I made recently was dry as a bone since it had been in my basement for a couple of years. It was dry going into the ziplock bag though. I think the dry ice got rid of any moisture in it. But I weighed it and it was close to 500 grams of dried trimmings(which was likely 2000 grams if it was wet) and I cooked it with 500 grams of coconut oil. As hippie said, trial and error will work. I would personally try to err on the side of too potent. It would be easier to dilute the cannabutter with more coconut oil than it would be to make more butter. My brownies are not something anyone would want to snack on. A 1” cube is too much for me so I split them. Sorry. Rambling on and on. As far as volume, my last batch was the consistency of mud so a lot of trim and water to make it soupy.

I was talking with my tincture friend and if you used 17 oz of dry ice herb left over (he said could have 50 % trics still left) so 8.5 ozs in 1lb of butter Dam near RSO when done LOL
Reduce it as far as it will go and do a rice size serving. Dam strong butter.

I was talking with my tincture friend and if you used 17 oz of dry ice herb left over (he said could have 50 % trics still left) so 8.5 ozs in 1lb of butter Dam near RSO when done LOL
It is pretty much that strong. I tried about a rice sized serving and felt pretty darn good.

What is dry ice herb...I know the herb part but what about the dry ice part? 🤔

Thinking about it, if the buds are 20% THC(and I didn’t use just buds) then 50% would make that 10% or 1.7 ounces of psychoactive stuff at most. Still, it kicks me in the teeth hard.

Latest posts

Back