Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be setting up tent....
Actual tent to arrive tomorrow. Will do a test set up to check it out and make sure it runs. So, now have these little tiny babies and I'm wondering how big they need to be to move into their new area? And, does anyone else put like a set of wire shelves so you can move them to different levels etc? Oh, if you have pictures of your set up can you please a picture of your tips and tricks? What has worked for your for babies? I can't believe I might get to move to step two - actual growing. I started this adventure in June - I think. Thanks everyone.

image.jpg

No such thing as too early.
Started these in the tent. Just watch your heat.
Do a test run like you said.

Hello Julie, I haven't read all your posts. Have you talk about pHing the water before you water your babies? I pH my water from 6.2-6.5. I'm in dirt. Other's might be different. One of the things that gets to me is watering, I have the most trouble with watering. Have fun growing.

I raise and lower my lights.
If you need you can put something underneath to raise plants as needed.

Right now my 1000 watt spider farmer is
12” above the cups, set at 60% power.
I slowly raise the power level and height of lights as needed.

min my home so my temps range in between 78 degrees with lights on and 73 with lights off.
My ventilation fan draws the house air from the bottom so it s always the same temp as inside my house when the lights are off.

min my home so my temps range in between 78 degrees with lights on and 73 with lights off.
My ventilation fan draws the house air from the bottom so it s always the same temp as inside my house when the lights are off.
Tents are inside my home*

We keep our house a little cooler and the new tent will be up against an outside wall. Think I will be doing a bit of testing before taking the "kids" in there. Yea!!!!

What kind / power / brand possibly, of LED lighting. And I think you figured out a little with your previous post and distance from light source.
Tents are inside my home*
View attachment 285749
No such thing as too early.
Started these in the tent. Just watch your heat.
Do a test run like you said.
I got the tent parts and set up yesterday. I forgot to buy a filter so it's on order. Setting up is interesting. Where does the power strip go? I have lights, fan, seed mats and maybe something else? Where does the fan sensor go? And the plants are all doing GREAT..... It's taken a while to get this far. So I think I'm in the vegetation/vegetating phase now. So do I count weeks? I saw pictures of where to buds will start developing and I'll need to determine if they are female etc.... I'll dig into my books again to see what's next. I never read ahead cause I kept murdering the little ones. I think they will be OK for a little while longer before I have to move them to the intermediate growing container. Which would be what???? I have the felt grow bags for the last phase. Or I could use regular pots? I'm learning so much. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_3574.JPG
    IMG_3574.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3573.JPG
    IMG_3573.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3571.JPG
    IMG_3571.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3572.JPG
    IMG_3572.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 12
I got the tent parts and set up yesterday. I forgot to buy a filter so it's on order. Setting up is interesting. Where does the power strip go? I have lights, fan, seed mats and maybe something else? Where does the fan sensor go? And the plants are all doing GREAT..... It's taken a while to get this far. So I think I'm in the vegetation/vegetating phase now. So do I count weeks? I saw pictures of where to buds will start developing and I'll need to determine if they are female etc.... I'll dig into my books again to see what's next. I never read ahead cause I kept murdering the little ones. I think they will be OK for a little while longer before I have to move them to the intermediate growing container. Which would be what???? I have the felt grow bags for the last phase. Or I could use regular pots? I'm learning so much. Thank you.
Carbon filter is not a necessity to get started. I don’t even use one, but that room will start stinking especially when you get into flower stage.If you do want one I would suggest putting it on the outside of the tent(more room for the plants).

Fan sensor goes at the plant height where you want it to read.
image.jpg
Power strip and timer on top.image.jpg
As far as pots… I do 1 gallon plastic bag pots, then into 3 or 5 gallon felt pots.
image.jpg
image.jpg

sounds like you are on track, nice job!

Pay attention that it is right side up, then pay attention to the location of all the various ports and windows and so forth.

Note where your electrical outlets in your room are. Then figure out everything that has to be plugged in, how long cords are, etc.

Normally, there is a round port on top of the tent.That is where your exhaust tube, which depending on size of tent will be 4 inches, 6 inches, and 8 inches, will enter the tent. Goes in few inches. Usually there are sinch strings to pull tight.

Tube goes out, down side of tent, right into fan, which can neatly stand on top of filter, or just let the tube dangle. I would get a filter, unless everything is super cool with super weed stench!!! They can reek!

Bubba

Fan sensor goes at the plant height where you want it to read.
View attachment 286039
Power strip and timer on top.View attachment 286040
As far as pots… I do 1 gallon plastic bag pots, then into 3 or 5 gallon felt pots.
View attachment 286041
View attachment 286042

sounds like you are on track, nice job!
Wow... I really like the bag pots. I have heard about them not like to be transplanted or they can go into shock. Ordering the bags and the next.... Looking good.....I can do this. ;) 🌱

Pay attention that it is right side up, then pay attention to the location of all the various ports and windows and so forth.

Note where your electrical outlets in your room are. Then figure out everything that has to be plugged in, how long cords are, etc.

Normally, there is a round port on top of the tent.That is where your exhaust tube, which depending on size of tent will be 4 inches, 6 inches, and 8 inches, will enter the tent. Goes in few inches. Usually there are sinch strings to pull tight.

Tube goes out, down side of tent, right into fan, which can neatly stand on top of filter, or just let the tube dangle. I would get a filter, unless everything is super cool with super weed stench!!! They can reek!

Bubba
Got it - right side up. 🙃 The power source is, unfortunately, a new grounded power strip into one outlet in my office. I can't use the vent out the top so I pulled it tight closed or can be a power access point. 4" outlet out the right side over the table so that will be the vent outlet. Just like you said-filter is ordered.
There is a 2" opening near the bottom and near the top. What is the preference for bringing the power in? Top or Bottom? I will need a longer power cord. The 10' reaches to the bottom right back corner of the tent. Thank you all...Off to do some Amazon shopping...:)

Which ever works better. Don't worry, once you get everything in there you will see a better way...oh well. Keeping cord off floor or anywhere that could get wet is good. I usually have a small 30 inch or so little stand (speaker stand) behind tent that power strip goes on. Very short distance to tent (1-2 inches) and off floor. Not much accessory cord length wasted. That tent has a hole with sinch at that height.

Bubba

Got it - right side up. 🙃 The power source is, unfortunately, a new grounded power strip into one outlet in my office. I can't use the vent out the top so I pulled it tight closed or can be a power access point. 4" outlet out the right side over the table so that will be the vent outlet. Just like you said-filter is ordered.
There is a 2" opening near the bottom and near the top. What is the preference for bringing the power in? Top or Bottom? I will need a longer power cord. The 10' reaches to the bottom right back corner of the tent. Thank you all...Off to do some Amazon shopping...:)
Is the exhaust hole at the top? The one on the right side...

Is the exhaust hole at the top? The one on the right side...
It is and looks like 4".... picture number 74 is the tent set up and shows the hole. I looked again and there are 2 each 2"-3" on the back wall on the left; one at the top and one at the bottom. Maybe these are my power access points.
Also there are 3 vents on the sides down low. About 12" X 6". They are covered with velcro canvas panels. I assume they are to adjust how much air enters with the fan running?
Cord off the floor, check. I put a thermometer in the tent to find out what the ambient temp is. Worried it will be too cool and I will need to add heat. Will let you know. 👍

It is and looks like 4".... picture number 74 is the tent set up and shows the hole. I looked again and there are 2 each 2"-3" on the back wall on the left; one at the top and one at the bottom. Maybe these are my power access points.
Also there are 3 vents on the sides down low. About 12" X 6". They are covered with velcro canvas panels. I assume they are to adjust how much air enters with the fan running?
Cord off the floor, check. I put a thermometer in the tent to find out what the ambient temp is. Worried it will be too cool and I will need to add heat. Will let you know. 👍
You will want to remove at least some of those Velcro things. Those screened openings are where you fan will pull fresh from bottom, exhaust out above. If your exhaust hole isn't all the way up, one of mine is in the middle, you can push your vent tube through further and tie it at the top, but you will lose a little room. Looks like you are ready to go.

Bubba

If you need heat, put a small heater with thermostat to where you want it. Don't set it to blow directly on plants....

Latest posts

Back