Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you.... I have 4 new babies. THey already look healthier; stem is thicker; I already topped off 2 with soil and the lights are down close - AND NO WATER............It's so hard not to water them; I think it's a mom thing that I want to fuss over them and then I kill them with love (and water).
Down to three. Two look healthy and one kind of running behind. It had an issue with the shell or something - it didn't open up to 2 perfect leaves. Its trying. The cups still feel heavy so no water. 71 deg/83% hum.....

https://www.amazon.com/Phlizon-Dimm...640667422&sprefix=phlizon+1000,aps,240&sr=8-3
I used 3 of these in a 2x4 in an OG Kush grow
10-12 oz. Started with one in seedling, then another, then another when time to flower came. Spider farmer, Mars hydro be and others it are better, but it these use decent diodes and are cheap.

Bubba
So I only have room right now for a 2X3 or 03X2 tent. Mars has a TS 600 for a good price but is it too small and I need the 1,000 W? What the best fan or what size for the small short tent? I plan to put it on my old desk so getting the 4 1/2 ft tall. Thank you for your advice. J

Down to three. Two look healthy and one kind of running behind. It had an issue with the shell or something - it didn't open up to 2 perfect leaves. Its trying. The cups still feel heavy so no water. 71 deg/83% hum.....
Make sure your dirt is damp....not wet. BTW, what kind of soil are you using?

Bubba

Make sure your dirt is damp....not wet. BTW, what kind of soil are you using?

Bubba
Fox Farms bloom, not the ocean one. It was recommended from the seed supplier.
I also have bat guano for later. I'm trying to follow what successful people have used.

Fox Farms bloom, not the ocean one. It was recommended from the seed supplier.
I also have bat guano for later. I'm trying to follow what successful people have used.
I've seen folks comment both ways, so still open for argument....I found happy frog too strong for seedlings, so went with Ocean Forrest, which has worked great for me many grows in a row.

I have heard others comment just the opposite.
I mixed them 50/50 after my first encounter with happy frog. Better, but straight OF is what I use.

In that range, I would at least get the 1000 model.

Bubba

I've seen folks comment both ways, so still open for argument....I found happy frog too strong for seedlings, so went with Ocean Forrest, which has worked great for me many grows in a row.

I have heard others comment just the opposite.
I mixed them 50/50 after my first encounter with happy frog. Better, but straight OF is what I use.

In that range, I would at least get the 1000 model.

Bubba
Well I killed off a couple more. I am down to 4. Two of the old ones - 4 weeks old are just now putting out the second set of adult leaves. The young ones are on track I think. Started 5 more to sprout. I am feeling confident - Lowering the lights made a huge difference in the new ones. The stalks are about 1" tall and definitely thicker. I am shopping the tent and rest of the kit to set up; I'm trying to be confident. MarsHydro-I picked a tent size that will work - the 32"X32"X63" will fit on my desk. Is the TS1000 still the rights size? Then I guess the fan is next. Is there a good, better, best or is the fan not that critical as long as it runs. I was going to shop a 4" fan, filter and ducting. Thank you... J

Attachments

• IMG_3559.JPG
    IMG_3559.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3558.JPG
    IMG_3558.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3560.JPG
    IMG_3560.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3561.JPG
    IMG_3561.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I wouldn't get any smaller, and if you go bigger, make sure the light's dimensions fit and so forth. Look at some of cartys grows, I think he is using that light, or the spider farmer "1000" model. TSW2000 I think would fit, double check, more expensive....but more light.

Also, the tent you show, 63 inches tall is way better than the shorter one. Pots take away some height, light can't be right up next to the ceiling so that takes more. And, of course lights need some room over the canopy, which eats up a little more.....

Bubba

I wouldn't get any smaller, and if you go bigger, make sure the light's dimensions fit and so forth. Look at some of cartys grows, I think he is using that light, or the spider farmer "1000" model. TSW2000 I think would fit, double check, more expensive....but more light.

Also, the tent you show, 63 inches tall is way better than the shorter one. Pots take away some height, light can't be right up next to the ceiling so that takes more. And, of course lights need some room over the canopy, which eats up a little more.....

Bubba
And the fan? is it necessary? that part looks complicated. I can wait til I at least have a plant hahahahah

Bubba
And the fan? is it necessary? that part looks complicated. I can wait til I at least have a plant hahahahah

Well you will need that, but with a 2x2 it shouldn't take much. It can also be used to remove stink. A nice plant in full bloom can be very smelly. The other use is to evacuate heat out of the tent. Fan is usually mounted inside tent, sucks air out of tent out the top. Since you only have limited space I would stand it on the floor, on top of the filter. Fan suck air out the top through 4 to 6 inch duct, like dryers use.

When you get the tent, they have openings for this ducting to stick in built in, with cinch tightening. So, instead of sucking hot stink air through a filter inside your tent and ducting it out the top, you are sucking hot stink air out the top through the fan then in the filter, both outside tent.

Sounds complicated, it isn't. Your needs will be modest and not hard to manage. Look around on the Infinity site, they are advertisers here, click on their deal. They have illustrations of all this.

You need 4 inch ducting, 4 inch fan, and 4 inch filter. Ducting out the top down to fan which blows through ( and is sitting on top of ) the filter. If you don't care about the stink, skip the filter. It smell good this stink, but it can stink up a house!

I have also placed the fan and filter on top of a tent, with very short vent located on top of tent.

Bubba

I recommend ac infinity with a digital controller for a fan.
You can set temp and humidity parameters and the fan will adjust based on conditions that you program in it.

I recommend ac infinity with a digital controller for a fan.
You can set temp and humidity parameters and the fan will adjust based on conditions that you program in it.
Ah Ha...That was my next question-controller. Found the Inifinity site. I'm going to get the 4" fan and the controller with the temp and hum settings. This is all coming together. I'm almost excited for the plants......Not holding my breath but they stayed happy all day. Going to pop up a few more in the next few days. Have them cracking open on wet paper towels and once I get a bit of a tap root they will go straight in the Solo cups.
I bought fabric planter bags to plant them in for the final grow. They're like felt material I guess. Some of the reading I did said they like well draining soil and need oxygen to the roots - hence the fabric plater bag should allow more oxygen to the roots. (unless I drown the poor little buggers). This is fun...Thank you.

I might have to try Fabric pots just too see how they work.
Seem weird to me but are recommended for root health. I didn't know how to gauge the size as far as how tall or wide they would be so I bought an assortment of sizes to try. Also had to get the plastic planter trays separate.

Ah Ha...That was my next question-controller. Found the Inifinity site. I'm going to get the 4" fan and the controller with the temp and hum settings. This is all coming together. I'm almost excited for the plants......Not holding my breath but they stayed happy all day. Going to pop up a few more in the next few days. Have them cracking open on wet paper towels and once I get a bit of a tap root they will go straight in the Solo cups.
I bought fabric planter bags to plant them in for the final grow. They're like felt material I guess. Some of the reading I did said they like well draining soil and need oxygen to the roots - hence the fabric plater bag should allow more oxygen to the roots. (unless I drown the poor little buggers). This is fun...Thank you.
OK, I'm all in.... The tent, light and fan are ordered. Went with MarsHydro and AC Infinity parts. Have a desk to set up on so I don't have to crawl around or bend over. I'll send pics of my set up for advice. (in a couple of days). I was thinking a small set of wire shelves to raise up the plants closer to the lights? So, since I have a nursey how big do they get before I move them? I also don't have an interim potting solution. After the Solo cup and before the final planter do I need a planter in between size? Lots of notes in books and on-line growing say that transplanting is really hard on them. Thanks all!!!

You got this!
But you can definitely help the grow with better equipment. I run a sf1000
(Spider Farmer 1000 watt) in a 2x2 tent for my seedlings/clone tent.
OK, I'm all in.... The tent, light and fan are ordered. Went with MarsHydro and AC Infinity parts. Have a desk to set up on so I don't have to crawl around or bend over. I'll send pics of my set up for advice. (in a couple of days). I was thinking a small set of wire shelves to raise up the plants closer to the lights? So, since I have a nursey how big do they get before I move them? I also don't have an interim potting solution. After the Solo cup and before the final planter do I need a planter in between size? Lots of notes in books and on-line growing say that transplanting is really hard on them. Thanks all!!!
I started a post regarding seed availability, but I don't know where it went. My questions are who do you buy from and what are the advantages of feminized and/or auto-flowering. I'm looking to order some seeds now that I tried 6 or 7 times and used up what I had. I really didn't think growing weed would be a science. I excel at "weed"s in my vegetable garden. 🤪

You got the 6 ft tent, right? Will your ceiling height accommodate a 6 ft tent on top of a table? No problem, just put table inside tent if small enough. Otherwise, they grow quick, you won't have to crawl around much!

Which ones did you get?

Bubba

You got the 6 ft tent, right? Will your ceiling height accommodate a 6 ft tent on top of a table? No problem, just put table inside tent if small enough. Otherwise, they grow quick, you won't have to crawl around much!

Which ones did you get?

Bubba

MARS HYDRO 32"x32"x63" Grow Tent with Observation Window and Floor Tray, 2.6x2.6ft Grow Tents for Indoor Growing
1640899596982.png

AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4, Quiet 4” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller - Ventilation Exhaust Fan for Heating Cooling Booster, Grow Tents, Hydroponics

I grabbed an 8 ft of 4" ducting and clamps separate but AC Infinity. How did I do. Looks top of the line to me. This is literally me not cutting corners and getting the cheapest of brands. From the desktop to the ceiling is 65 3/4" give/or take an 1/8th. Access to the top will not be an option. I did see venting outlets on the sides. I'm very excited.
I added filler to the last one of the 4 week old's that had way too long a stem. Hope it's OK - I gave everyone a little drink.
Did you see my seed questions? Where and type? Feminized? Auto-flowering? Free? free is always good - that's what I practiced all my murdering tendencies on. Old seeds I have left are Glue Cookies - Regular; Sour 60 Auto-Regular; Sugar Haze Regular. So I read stuff about telling male from female - dispose of the male (seems kind of harsh- death for being a boy?) Well I actually killed everything I paid for so got "frees" with the last order to practice on. There are potentially 5 Glue Cookies sprouts I started 2 days ago. Just checked and 2 have cracked open so far. I have had good luck with JustCannibusSeed.com seeds sprouting but if I'm going toward Feminized Auto-Flowering they only have one choice (I think). Now you know the rest of the story. ;)

That ought to do it. I usually get feminized seeds, photo period not autos. I like Indica or indica dominate, shorter, stockier usually disease resistant. O G Kush, Dos Si Do, Purple Dawn, Hindu Kush, Afghani etc.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back