Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive heard Molasses is given to feed Mykorhiza in the beginning stage, before it really connected to the roots. No idea why it should be a good idea to feet it to plant.

@Crash Magnet
im not aware that flushing has anything to to with preventing or stopping budrot. Budrot is just mold inside the bud and its solo reason is too high humidity as far as i know. Needs to be under 60% in the last weeks.

Thanks, I didn't know budrot was a specific thing. I need to do some reading on it, but from what you described I doubt that's my problem.

Unfortunately, when the lights came on the slow death of the sugar leaves around the buds had progressed on that one plant. The other plants are showing signs of needing nitrogen, so I need to start feeding them again tonight. Fortunately, it's almost impossible to over water with coco-perlite, because I just watered them yesterday.

One other thing I noticed tonight...

seeds1.jpg

seeds2.jpg

I guess one of the males I culled got off some pollen before I got it out of the tent. Two other plants have a few seeds as well. The one branch I tried to pollinate doesn't have any at all. I hope they mature before my vacation. I don't think I can keep them going through that, auto watering or no.

oh man im sorry for that. I didnt know you have males and females together. was that on purpose, why didnt you use fem. Seeds? I wouldnt dare to play around with those things before exactly knowing what im doing.

Budrot seems to pretty commen from what ive seen and when you discover it it can already be to late. You have to keep your humidity in ckeck, it has to stay under 60%. Me personally, i measure it at the air-exhaust of my filter, i have about 75% humidity at day and about 55% in the 12 hours nighttime. When the plants are still streching and everything is still green its not a big deal. It gets critical when the plants starts producing the good things and everything gets frosty. My exhaust fan is at 100%, still im not getting below 75% at day, i have to come up with something over the next days.

I bought regular seeds because they were cheap, and because I do want to grow seeds at some point, just not this time.

I'm measuring humidity from inside the flora with a AC Infinity controller, and have another sitting on the soil of one of the plants. The fan runs when humidity is above 52% and ports directly outside. With the warmer weather and rainy nights the fan stays on, but so far it hasn't climbed above 55%. I have a dehumidifier in the room it's drawing air from which helps a lot.

well, now you got enough seeds. Make sure you recognize and divide the early enough next time.

Im seeing first signs of colour change from white to brownish in my buds. Would be very nice if they stop shooting up in the next days..i already hat to bind 4 stems down because they grew into the Led panel. I only got 2 inches left regarding hanging hight of the panels.

The really stupid part is I made four clones of those plants before I knew which ones were male, and I forgot which clones are from which plant. One tried to flower right after it rooted, and was male.

The other three are now seriously root locked in solo cups. I can't make up my mind whether to toss them or up pot them. Probably toss em. It's not like I can't make more.

I'm out of top room as well. My tent is just 62" high. I could maybe get another inch before it hits the fan.

Checking in with progress. They have completed week 4 of flowering. They look super happy. I have just let them do their own thing. I move a leaf this way or that for more light below. I am wondering if I am supposed to be doing any trimming or am I done. The mini tomato cages sure makes it easy to move them to water etc...The trimming I did before left them airy underneath
So I have gone ahead with a flowering booster concoction - 1 gallon of water, 2 teaspoons Fox Farm Tiger Bloom, a dab of MYCO Supreme and 2 teaspoons molasses to feed the MYCOs. The little sticky bug things did their part and just about fruit fly free.
The lights are at the top of their adjustment and the tallest one is still 10 inches or so from the light.
Let me know what ya'll think.
Happy 420 all!!!
OH, Vegie garden coming along. All still very small-peas are starting to climb. Beets and carrots are breaking ground. Stupid potatoes are taking over. They are left from a planting of Yukon Golds years ago. We ate the whole harvest last year. 👍 🌱 🙃

Attachments

• 042022 week 4.jpg
    042022 week 4.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 042022 week 4a.jpg
    042022 week 4a.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 12
  • 042022 week 4b.jpg
    042022 week 4b.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 12
Very nice. I love the tomato cages. I've been using stakes and ties, and sometimes the plants manage to get loose while the tent is closed.

@Julie Y
i didnt care about trimming and it seems to work out. More and more leaves at the bottom die and fall off from alone. Plant has its way to sense if a leave is worth keeping or not.

what light do you use and how high is it? Im still thinking your plants could use some extra light. I would be more concerned about that, not about nutrients. Im sure theyre gonna grow fine but youre giving up a lot of potential.

im on day 23 in flower now. Theyre starting to show the white drops on the leaves.
DSCI2259.JPG
DSCI2255.JPG
DSCI2262.JPG
DSCI2259.JPG
DSCI2255.JPG
DSCI2262.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG

Last edited:
sorry for double-fotos, happens all the time, no idea why.

@crash Magnet
how is your leave-problem developing? Im also seeing some leaves in trouble. On one plant, some mid and upper leaves develope yellow-brownish spots and then dry out. I rolled the dice on what it could be and it showed potassium-def. Just by the fact that this is the time they require more and ive always been under the dosage that was recommendet on the package. Its just a few leaves though, better they die and not the buds. One good reason to have additional fan leaves.

Attachments

• DSCI2248.JPG
    DSCI2248.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCI2252.JPG
    DSCI2252.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCI2253.JPG
    DSCI2253.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
In the DWC every plant has a couple of those leaves. I find if I cut them off two more start doing the same thing almost immediately. I've started topping of the reservoir with water spiked with extra GH Bloom which has mostly potassium and phosphorus, but it hasn't made a difference. Cal-mag hasn't helped either.

Like you, I'm not too worried about a couple of leaves. The buds are growing fine, and I replace all the water fairly often. I know they have plenty of light. One TS-3000 above them and another in the open tent two feet away.

The one in the tent that was giving me the most trouble is now just bud hanging up in the shop. I may have waited past the peak on that one. One day the trichomes were maybe 10% amber and the next close to 50% amber, and the few remaining healthy leaves were starting to yellow. I think it was dying.

I have four remaining in the tent, three I put in as seedlings are in one gallon pots with two sharing the same pot. They have a fair amount of bud, but they picked up some light burn from all the stretching they did when they started to flower. The last is a blueberry with all it's leaves showing calcium deficiency. It came out of the seed yellow and has stayed that way, so I'm not sweating it. I never thought it would get this far, and it only has to last another seven days.

@Julie Y
i didnt care about trimming and it seems to work out. More and more leaves at the bottom die and fall off from alone. Plant has its way to sense if a leave is worth keeping or not.

what light do you use and how high is it? Im still thinking your plants could use some extra light. I would be more concerned about that, not about nutrients. Im sure theyre gonna grow fine but youre giving up a lot of potential.

im on day 23 in flower now. Theyre starting to show the white drops on the leaves.
View attachment 294488View attachment 294489View attachment 294490View attachment 294488View attachment 294489View attachment 294490View attachment 294491
I have the one TS1000? from Mars Hydro. It's up to the top. I have a couple of stand lights from when they were babies but really no way to add them to the tent. I open the tent when I get home in the afternoons and we hang out. ;) The 12/12 cycle is 9 to 9 so I don't check them in the mornings anymore. Well, not much to do but watch them "be what they're gonna be."

Definitely going shopping for seeds again. I tend to get carried away with projects. Decided best to get to the curing phase before I start another batch. I think I need the tent to hang them. I'm also going to be on Holiday" at the end of July.

Whoo Hoo....;)🌱

so its 150w

and how big is your tent? And how much distance between the panel and the plants?

with a TS1000 you can lighten up a 60x60cm or 2x2 foot tent with good, recommendet lightlevels in flower. Thats about what i use, 160 watt on a 2x2. 35 watt per square foot is a rule of thumb(with a multispectrum LED panel like you and i have , or 30 watt per squarefoot if you got a really high-efficiency LED.

with 5 or 6 squarefeet youre still in somewhat reasonable-good lightlevels with a 150watt LED, anything bigger youre missing out on a lot of potential in your plants.

Last edited:
In the DWC every plant has a couple of those leaves. I find if I cut them off two more start doing the same thing almost immediately. I've started topping of the reservoir with water spiked with extra GH Bloom which has mostly potassium and phosphorus, but it hasn't made a difference. Cal-mag hasn't helped either.

what is DWC?
and yes, it makes sense that if you cut them off, the next ones get affected. The fan leaves are like a buffer, if the plant has a deficiency and theres not enough in the soil, it pulls out things out of the fanleaves. If that happens, i would never cut off a leave thats still 80% green. The more fan leaves you have left, the saver your buds are.

Last edited:
what is DWC?
and yes, it makes sense that if you cut them off, the next ones get affected. The fan leaves are like a buffer, if the plant has a deficiency and theres not enough in the soil, it pulls out things out of the fanleaves. If that happens, i would never cut off a leave thats still 80% green. The more fan leaves you have left, the saver your buds are.
I need to stop cutting the ugly fan leaves off, then. I thought I was doing the plant a favor.

DWC = deep water culture hydroponics. The 30 gallon bin with a bunch of air stones all my Girl Scout Cookies are growing in. I'm now just calling it the jungle...

jungle2-jpg.294454

so its 150w

and how big is your tent? And how much distance between the panel and the plants?

with a TS1000 you can lighten up a 60x60cm or 2x2 foot tent with good, recommendet lightlevels in flower. Thats about what i use, 160 watt on a 2x2. 35 watt per square foot is a rule of thumb(with a multispectrum LED panel like you and i have , or 30 watt per squarefoot if you got a really high-efficiency LED.

with 5 or 6 squarefeet youre still in somewhat reasonable-good lightlevels with a 150watt LED, anything bigger youre missing out on a lot of potential in your plants.
3' X 3' X 5'. I just wanted that smidge more footprint than a 2 X 2 but no room for 2 X 4. I can see that the next bigger light would be better. Thank you.

ah, were coming close. You know what a dramatic difference is between 2x2 and 3x3? its 4 vs 9 squarefeet. 3x3 has got more than double the space. 2 x TS1000 would be a reasonable lighting and bring them as close as possible now in late flower. Maybe 14 inches with the TS1000 on full power. But if you have to cover such a large area, i see you have to hang it higher. With 2 lights youre very flexible, as long as theyre small, you can put them under 1 light and dont waste any power, only later when they fill out the tent you add the second light.

If you need a cheap emergency light, a 100 watt panel from Ali express is 50-60 dollars, its puristic but is absolute fine and not less efficient than your Mars Hydro. Also you guys in the US have some deals going on for a couple of brands. We have less choice here in europe.

Id probably go for second TS1000, it would drive me nuts to have 2 different lights next to each other^^

Last edited:
sorry for double-fotos, happens all the time, no idea why.

@crash Magnet
how is your leave-problem developing? Im also seeing some leaves in trouble. On one plant, some mid and upper leaves develope yellow-brownish spots and then dry out. I rolled the dice on what it could be and it showed potassium-def. Just by the fact that this is the time they require more and ive always been under the dosage that was recommendet on the package. Its just a few leaves though, better they die and not the buds. One good reason to have additional fan leaves.
Looks to me like ph swings and micro nute deficiency. Not real bad I think they look hungry

Latest posts

Back