HemperFi's Second Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pics above are pretty much what I have going on right now. I only have 4 plants in the tent. I pulled one I thought might be a hermie, and one died. All of them were severely stressed when I transplanted them. They were so tall I just set them in the bottom of the new pots and filled in dirt around them. I didn't even think about the poor roots being laid on the plastic bottom of the pot. 4 of them managed to survive, and they are not looking all that bad. They are about 5 weeks in and frosting up nicely.

I'm taking much better care of the new clones. I kept 8 of them. I gave up 2 strains and just kept the Moby D1ck and Blue Widow. I have them under a 600w MH, and there is no stretch, the stems are nice and thick and the nodes are tight. I'm going to take special care of this next grow.

Peace

Thanks Surf. I assume you are talking about the 600w instead of 400w in vedge. I turned it down so I didn't have to worry about heat, but even at 600w the temps are staying well within the parameters (70s), and the plants are staying low and strong.

This is my second year -- the seventh grow in my little room in the back of this leaky, old boat. I have a lot more confidence now -- at least I know I will get a crop now, but stuff happens. I try to keep up on things and have learned a bunch from the good folks here in MP.

When I took those clones, I also trimmed up the bottoms of all the plants. I took the clones from these trimmings, but had a lot left over, so I wrapped them all in wet paper towels, put them in baggies and stuck them in the crisper in the fridge. I had read that you can leave cuttings this way for weeks. I had completely forgotten about them down there in the drawer until I was cleaning the fridge the other day and found them. I decided to see if they would still throw roots, so I put a couple of them in plugs with some rooting powder -- I have been using the powder since I began and have never lost a cutting. Anyway, I forgot to close the vents on top of my rapid rooter dome, and the two little clones I have working don't look so good this morning. I have it closed now, so we will see. They looked pretty good after being in the fridge for a month or more.

I'm smoking a combination of buds mixed with the dry-ice keif I made from all the sugar trim I have been saving all these months, and I am staying high as Hell. This is truly a fun hobby :)

It's a beautiful sunny day -- perhaps I'll put the jetski in the water today. I need to get in the wind -- the cool, cool wind.

Peace

Well Hemperfi you have it nailed now glad you got it all together.
easy when ya know how hey.
T4

EASY? Hell no it ain't easy, but it's a lot easier now than it was :)

DSCN0022.JPG

DSCN0023.JPG

whats the time or days on those lovelies??
best of times isnt it?

I'm moving off the old boat. I don't know if I will even keep the old tub, but I will if I can swing it. I found a real nice double wide trailer about 5 miles from the lake that I just can't turn down. Where are you going to get a three bedroom house, in great shape and in the nicest adult park in town, for 10k? One of the bedrooms is an add on and perfect for a grow room. It even has its own entrance. Pics to follow... This room was designed as a crafts room and has plenty of power and is already air conditioned.

It sure will be nice to have all the space, a washer and dryer, dish washer.. etc. -- all the things I have been doing without for years. What do you think?

FSCN0045.JPG

DSCN0041.JPG

DSCN0042.JPG

DSCN0038.JPG

DSCN0044.JPG

These two pics are the same generation. The cuttings were taken at the same time -- some 7 or 8 weeks ago. The little ones tossing roots were in my fridge for about 6 weeks -- I had forgotten about them. I found them while cleaning out the crisper, so I put them in the cloner, and they are tossing roots like crazy. Interesting, huh? The bud pic is the mother.

DSCN0046.JPG

DSCN0047.JPG

DSCN0048.JPG

I guess no one else finds it interesting that cuttings can be put in the fridge and kept as long as it takes so that the clones from them are just the right size and age when they go into 12/12. I have struggled trying to keep my clones the right size and age as the mothers ripen. I have been taking cuttings from my clones just before the switch. By the time the girls in the tent are ripe the clones are out of control -- mostly stretched from me trying to slow down their growth. I believed it was necessary to clone the cuttings as soon as they were taken, but it isn't necessary. I now know I can clone the cuttings up to weeks after the mothers go into 12/12. I had heard that cuttings would be okay in the crisper of the fridge, but I didn't want to take the chance of it not working and losing my next crop.

The plants in the first two pics above were taken at the same time and are the same age. The little ones in the first pic lived in the fridge for at least a month before being cloned. The ones in the second pic were cloned as soon as they were taken off the mother. From now on I will take the cuttings from the mothers when I flip them to 12/12, but I will wait a couple of weeks before cloning them. This will solve my timing problem.

I know you can take cuttings from plants already in the 12/12 cycle, but if it is done that way the clones may have to revedge. This doesn't happen if you take cuttings when the plants are still in 24/7 vedge. Now i know clones will survive even if stored.

what do you think?

peace

surfinc said:
whats the time or days on those lovelies??
best of times isnt it?

Sorry, Sinc, I didn't see your post. They were around 5 weeks in that pic. They will be done soon.

Peace

thats great put em in the fridge... I have done that before they were inthe fridge for 8 weeks and made good clones after good for you now you wont have that timing problem

LOL--I really though I had made a post concerning your clones and your new home......but apparently not.

I think it is really cool that your clones rooted so well. Being able to keep clones in the fridge and root them when you are ready is great.

I also think you are going to love having so much more room. Nothing wrong with living in a double wide--I do and I love my place. However, I take every chance I have to make it look less "trailer" like--it being on a foundation and having a snow roof over it helps.

Your electricity bill shouldn't be horrible with what you are running. I have a 1000W, a 600W, my T5, the fans and pumps, plus 2 space heaters and rarely get over $250.

Holy cow Hemper, ya don't check in and ya sold the boat and moved and you are on land and it looks great!

The clones in the fridge are a wonderful surprise. Wow. I thought you were looking into Idaho and you and THG would smoke yourself silly.

Congrats on all the changes guy. You are a treat to have at MP. Thanks for all you contribute.

Thanks for the input my peeps -- thought I was being ignored, lol.

Dude, that house will be killa. Love the room with it's own entrance.

good job on the cuttings rooting to.

laters :bolt: :bong2:

Thanks, 7. I'm really looking forward to moving into my new place. It will happen next week, and I am really excited. No one will have a clue what I am doing in that room out back, and if they happen to ask, I'll just tell them it is extra storage. No more "porta-potty" a dish washer, a washer and dryer and room to turn around without knocking something over. It's an upgrade for sure. :)

Peace

A couple of things:

It has just crossed my mind that I won't have the lake water anymore -- unless I want to haul it a few miles. My new place has a soft water conditioner. It's a big one. I put 200lbs of salt in it just the other day. I hope I don't have water issues -- I don't know if there is a bypass -- I'll study it some more...

I am at war with fungus gnats. I have been using something called, "Rose Defense" by Green Light. It's basically Neem oil. The lady at my local nursery told me Neem would probably be the best, but they seem to like the stuff. I have since gone back to my trusty little hydro store where they gave me another SNS product (SNS 203). It says on the label it's made from Rosemary oil -- the same stuff I used to kill off the spider mites last year. It also says it kills/repels fungus gnats, Root aphids, thrips, shore flies and white flies. I'm not real sure how to use it though. My main man wasn't at the hydro store when I picked it up, so I didn't get any instructions besides what's on the label -- he was in Colorado trying to promote that little book he wrote at some hemp convention. What I did was mix up a batch, poured some into the bottom of the runoff tray and then sprayed the soil around the plant. I didn't spray it on the leaves, just the soil -- do you think this will work?

I can't detect any damage to the plants -- they look fine, healthy and strong, but I don't care. I want them out of my garden. I don't feel as strongly about them as I did the spider mites last year, but I want them gone. Is there a better way to treat my babies for gnats?

Peace

They are a great company to talk with on the phone. For the systemic from them, I use 2 tsp per gallon of water. I am very happy with that stuff Hemper. I think it is #209. Anyway, you can call them and ask them questions.

I wouldn't spray what you have on the plants, just drench the soil with it.

Latest posts

Back