HemperFi's Second Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May you find no balls Hemper. Female mojo baby.

How nice your son is there. Tell him thank you for risking his life for us. Too bad he can't get a date. ha. Sounds like a nice day yesterday for you guys. Glad your boat is dry. That has to be a worry, you know like sinking?

Waiting for plants to sex can drive a sane person nuts. You are the clone master so sexing will be a thing of the past for you.

Have a great Sunday Hemper.

Thank you, Rosey -- you sweet, sweet person :)

I gave the Satori Phed water again today. They really are sucking-it-up. Some of the leaf tips are a bit burnt, so I'm thinking the soil is pretty hot. So they get water again. Next time I'll give them a feed.

I find that my Satoris drink up more water than a lot of other strains. Plants are looking great.

Thanks, Goddess. You are also a sweet, sweet lady :)

Peace

I flipped the plants to 12/12 yesterday. All except the Moby ****, which is a week behind the rest. The clones are all looking great, but there isn't and visible root action going on yet.

I THINK I may have made the soil a little hot because some of the new growth coming out the tops of the plants is looking a little burnt, but I believe they will be okay. I'm just giving them water and they are growing and stretching nicely under the two 600w HPS lights. I decided to go with HPS in both fixtures instead of having to move the plants every day. They are nice bushes and the six of them in the tent are taking up a lot of space. Looking at the pre-flowers on the satori I'm thinking that two of them are male. I will wait for balls to show, but in my limited experience, that's what I'm thinking. It's okay though -- as long as one of them are female I'm golden. I don't believe I have enough room for 7 plants in the tent anyway.

The old boat is rocking. There are no more leaks, and I have the lights coming on and going off at the same time on two different timers. The temps are staying in the 70s (f) and even with three 600w lights going back there the power seems to be working nicely. I'm a happy camper :)

Peace

Here is a shot of what's happening in the tent now....

100_1283.jpg

Those little ones sure have some nice thick stalks. They must be getting ready for nice big buds.

Yeah, Bud, the stems coming out of the pots are about half an inch in diameter. I'm hoping for some nice big buds, but it looks like I may have put a little too much Bat Guano in the soil when I transplanted them into the 3 gal. pots. I didn't measure -- I just poured it in, and the new groth on some of the plants is growing out a bit burnt. I think it's going to be okay though. They are still growing and bushing out nicely. I gave them plain Phed water the last three times they have needed water. I'm afraid to give them nutes. It seems like I have an organic grow going on, and I hope they will snap into shape soon. I'm thinking of giving them Fox Farm "Big Bloom" as soon as they look like they need some food. It's always an adventure for me in the back of this old boat...

Peace

Hemper-
Isn't it amazing how they are always changing and growing in ways we least expect?
Do you use worm castings at all? It is my favorite additive and you can never burn with it.
I've really changed my watering these past few weeks (after some advice from NC) and thought I scared myself with how droopy they looked right beforehand - I can see the difference in the leaves looking more skyward.
Ah plants- a continually changing lesson in patience and observation.

I took a clone off of the Moby **** this morning and will put her in the tent tomorrow. There are roots on the first two test clones I took on the 7th. I'm going to let them cook for awhile. All the clones are standing tall and very green. I believe I'll have another crop working in the vedge area soon. I had a half bag of FFoF soil left over from last season, so I mixed it in with the ProMix in my dirt tub, saturated it with PHed water and it is waiting for the clones to produce roots enough for me to feel comfortable planting them. I'm not getting the results I was getting from my Rapid Rooter plugs, but I'm thinking everything will work out nicely -- hope so anyway. It's always a gamble here on the old boat :)

Here are a couple of pics:

100_1284.jpg

100_1285.jpg

100_1286.jpg

Everybody is looking nice and happy in your tent!

Congrats on the successful clones.

My tent is full. I believe one of the Satori is male, but I can't tell yet, perhaps in another couple of days. They have alternating nodes, and they are growing like crazy. I fed two of them this morning with some transition nutes -- (Moby **** and OG Kush). I'm kind of hoping there IS a male in there because I believe 7 plants are just one too many for the 4x4 tent. We will see.... A few of the clones have roots growing, but I'm going to let them cook for a while because they will be huge by the time the plants in the tent are done, and I only have room in vedge fro 1 gal. pots -- I don't want root bound plants.

Here's a look:

100_1287.jpg

100_1289.jpg

Looking great Hemper. You really do have a tent full. So we will hope for 1 (and 1 only) male.

Looking good my friend. I've got my clones still in the one gal bags and they are going crazy. Have been in there a while and certainly aren't acting rootbound.

Thanks, Goddess. Yeah, one male would be just right. I can see pistols coming in on the bud sites of two of them, so I figure they are ladies, and the tallest (of course) looks to be a guy. I will know for sure in a couple of days.

Tasty, I figure six to eight more weeks for the girls in the tent to be ready. I suppose I could vedge them for 2 months in 1 gal. pots, but I'd rather not. In a week or so.... I'm happy for you that everything is going so well in your garden. You will have this grow thingy mastered in record time :)

Peace

I went into the tent last night and had a good look at the Satori. There were balls coming out on the two biggest plants, so I chopped them down. It seems a shame to have to kill such nicely growing plants that you have been caring for for so long, but it had to be done. I now have 5 females in the tent, all of them different strains. I think it is a good thing. Now I have room in there for them to grow. I cleaned up around the bottoms of them, trimming away leaves and stems that will never get light and making it much easier to feed and water. I also took another couple of clones off the remaining Satori female. I don't want to lose this strain again -- I don't have any more seeds :)

I'm going to plant a few of the clones today. I was looking at roots last night, and a couple of them have some real nice roots and are ready to put into dirt. I planted the two Veneno clones the other day, left the room for an hour, and when I went back in there they had fallen over and were looking terrible, so I staked them up and put clear cups over them as temporary domes. They still look funky, but they are growing. I have taken the domes off of them now and I can see new growth beginning, so I believe they will be okay, and I think the roots are growing. It's always an adventure here on this old boat, but I am loving this grow to the core of existence :)

I will post a few pics later today -- if my camera will cooperate. It needs a new battery. Radio Shack didn't have one, so I will go on line and look soon. It has been allowing me to take three pics after charging all day long -- perhaps it will again today :)

Peace

I do not believe I have ever had a PH problem -- even though every problem that I have had was blamed on PH by someone or another. I use the PH kit from GH that comes with a little vial and a small bottle of dye. It costs around 12 bucks and seems to work fine -- as long as a person isn't color blind. I can't see why anyone in dirt would need anything more. I keep reading about expensive PH pens, and I'm sure they work well, but I just can't justify the expense. I'm on my fifty grow now and am just running out of the dye in the little bottle -- I do have another bottle and expect it to last another five grows. I know that a person growing in some style of hydro probably needs an expensive PH pen, but I contend that if you are in soil it isn't necessary. Having said that, if I were doing a large scale professional grow I'd put up the money and get an expensive pen type PH device, but on a small (personal) grow (in dirt) I believe the drops and vial are all a person really needs. JMO

I have a question about hardening off clones. I know I should open the vents on top of my dome for a while before attempting to transplant the clones into pots of dirt, but what can a person do if they have clones taken at different times under their dome?

Also, I believe chemical nutrients can be used with organic nutrients without killing off microbial action at the roots. I understand that with chemicals there could be a salt build up which might be detrimental to the root system, but if used correctly and watered at least twice in between feedings, I believe the salts are washed away and microbial action at the roots will continue unabated. JMO

Peace

It is not just the salts that kill the microbes--it is all the chemicals. And I do know that you do believe that chemical and organic are compatible, but they really aren't. There is really no question that chemical fertilizers kill microbes.

I do believe though that most people will do okay without a pH meter if they are using a good soil mixture that includes lime. Most are buffered and take the pH to the desired levels. However, if you are using a complete line of quality nutes and have deficiencies, I believe that most nutrient deficiencies are caused by pH lockout caused by an improper pH.

I have never hardened off my clones.

I don't ph. I think with organic dirt you don't have to. I don't believe i have ever had a lock out either, but maybe I have. ha.

I agree that if your going organic and supplying extra microbes and mychorrazie (someday i am going to really learn how to spell that) I wouldn't use chemicals . Even if it only kills a percentage of them, i need all I can get. rosey;s 2 cents.

happy October 19th.

okay, I certainly don't want to argue, but if you could guide me to where I could be convinced I would appreciate it a lot :)

All I was saying about PH is that a 12 dollar ph kit works fine for a small grow, and that in dirt PH isn't that big a deal -- IF the plants are getting everything they need :)

Peace

Latest posts

Back