Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning OFC

Busy weekend. My Sister has been visiting and she leaves today.

VIp8syz.jpg

Enjoy this day friends. :)

Seed sprouted !-- Started 25 seed and dam near all of them sprouted in 2 days- 5 each of 5 varieties - That should give me my girl -- I was expecting a few early but most maybe tommorrow !--The chocolate blueberry were the 1st---Nurse Larry in the house --I got Purple Mimosa too!----Waiting on a Sharpe so I can make some labels--

Hi guys, Nick, i think your idea is exactly what i will do, thank you. I don't want to cook fried chicken for a southern cook, i mean mine is pretty good, but not southern. Bud is helping clean, it isn't horrible, but vaccuming and dusting takes a bit. Thanks.

Nurse larry in the house Keef? woohoo!!!!!

Gathered all my stuff to transplant then stopped - I started those seed in these bio foam squares I used in aero -- I need to give them a couple more days-- I could do it now but if it ain't broke don't fix it !-- They good sitting there under a dome -- I did have 100 % germ rate -- Found my peat cup - I'm bout to grow some weed in dirt !

Around here a lot of folks follow the Farmers Almanac for long range weather reports...they are fairly accurate for such long range forecasting. Here is a c&p from their recent forecast...maybe this is why I keep cutting firewood this year lol. We have had the fog in August here.

• The Farmers' Almanac released its annual extended forecast for winter 2019-2020.

• The Almanac is predicting a "freezing, frigid, and frosty" winter.
Soak up the sun while you still can, because it's going to be a very long winter.

The Farmers' Almanac just released its extended weather forecast and it's predicting a "polar coaster" season this year—which is just as bad as it sounds.

"Our extended forecast is calling for yet another freezing, frigid, and frosty winter for two-thirds of the country,

Late January will bring the coldest temperatures of the year, predicted to affect millions of people across the Northern Plains into the Great Lakes. (Remember last year's polar vortex? Get ready for round two.)

Of course, you should take all this with a grain of salt, as extended weather forecasting can never be 100% accurate. Long before today's technology existed, people relied on nature to predict harsh weather—and some if it still holds true in modern times. Here are 20 signs that a rough winter is coming, according to folklore, so you can keep an eye out for more evidence:

1. Thicker-Than-Normal Corn Husks.

2. Woodpeckers Sharing a Tree.

3. The Early Arrival of the Snowy owl.

4. The Early Departure of Geese and Ducks.

5. The Early Migration of the Monarch butterfly.

6. Thick Hair on the Nape of a Cow’s Neck.

7. Heavy and Numerous Fogs During August.

8. Raccoons With Thick Tails and Bright Bands.

9. Mice Chewing Furiously To Get Into Your Home.

10. The Early Arrival of Crickets on the Hearth.

11. Spiders Spinning Larger-Than-Usual Webs and Entering the House in Great Numbers.

12. Pigs Gathering Sticks.

13. Ants Marching in a Line Rather Than Meandering.

14. Early Seclusion of Bees Within the Hive.

15. Unusual Abundance of Acorns.

16. Muskrats Burrowing Holes High on the River Bank.

17. “See how high the hornet’s nest, ‘twill tell how high the snow will rest.”

18. The Size of the Orange Band on the Woollybear (or Woollyworm) Caterpillar.

19. Squirrels Gathering Nuts Early to Fortify Against a Hard Winter.

20. Frequent Halos or Rings Around the Sun or Moon Forecasts Numerous Snowfalls

Dam it is hot out there !
Zig I thought pretty much the same about that bucket of extract !-- I ran out of empty caps and switched to coconut oil extract -- I been back on my medicine since I came back --I'm getting by OK- The move and all beat me up pretty good but I'm recovering !-- Trying to move more but it's too hot for me to be out there doing **** right now ! --
Nick- I think I'll do just that !

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a dab rig that would wholesale the bejezuz outta that bucket.
I gave Harley a haircut today. He's got dry skin. Anybody got a good recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back