Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick you do know how to enjoy a morning...I've been hitting the firewood mill this morning...battery powered wood whacker ran down. I get about a 1/4 cord out of the whacker per 2 bowls of chem-dawg lol. I am the worst kind of critter in the woods ( ol dude with a chain saw lol ). Tree fell from a storm back in May...cannot let it just rot out there. Its in a ravine but accessible..beautiful straight red oak.
IMG_20190828_085501356_30.jpg IMG_20190830_093827661_30.jpg IMG_20190830_103617103_30.jpg

Good morning you guys. It is HOT here and i am cooking. dumb. My nephew and wife and daughter will be here today. I am poaching chicken breasts in stock and toasting almonds for a chicken salad, i will add grapes, a bit of curry and serve over a bed of lettuce.
Umbra, thank you for keeping the cbd's straight. That was a bust wasn't it. OH well we know the FG and PW are some good sources of cbd. FG is 9 cbd and 6 thc, i think and PW is 7 to 7.
Who is in the way of this storm. Zigggy i sure hope you are both safe for sure. HP are you there too? be careful you guys.
I seem to need to smoke some pot...

There is a High pressure system over TX keeping it pushed to the East of us here...and as it makes a more Northerly swing it will slow down over the panhandle...slow moving means lots of rain . Drowning is the most common Hurricane death. Its easy to be fooled by one...they kinda start out OK...nice cool breeze...then a big looming cloud mass from the direction its in. That is the easy part...next comes intensification and this can last for hours. If your directly in the path you may experience the eye passing over your location...kinda nice again...breezy cool...fleeting. Then the other side of the wall hits...this is about the time your questioning your judgement of riding it out...seeing head lines in your mind....reading swept out to sea. The duration is the spooky part.. a tornado over in seconds...Hurricane blows for a spell...Like Keef mentioned...trees be bare and everything.

Chopping wood I can't do stuff like that anymore -- The price in pain would be too high !-- Half day of chopping wood would put me in bed for most of a week -- Left arm wouldn't work-- wouldn't be able to turn my head !-- Nope !-- No can do !
Hey Rose !

I always watched the weather and made choices based on that. Rode some nasties out in my time but I was smart enough to run from Katrina. I was in Alabama when she came in, I didn't stop running until the va state line.

We had planned to run from Katrina but the ex was working the nightshift and it took 4 hours for her to make the 45 minute drive home -- Wind was starting to blow and the interstate was locked up -- Face the storm on the road or ride it out at home were our options --

I remember my ex taking nearly 5 hours to go the 40 miles to our home one time, she was a nurse too. Was on a 12 hour shift when the hurricane came and the flooding it caused made travel in the city nearly impossible and that was Richmond Va. in the middle of the state.

Those catfish small enough to fry whole..... out of the rivers or bayou's ....are the best on the planet. Pond raised are ok but nothing like those...trot lines provided food for a lot of folks back in the day and a source of income as well. My Dad said they survived the depression with a trot line ...corn field and mustard green patch.

It's what I grew up eating --catfish- Crappie --stripped and large mouth Bass -- We used have a fishing trip to fill up the freezer every year -- I remember buying bait --36 dozen minnows !'--We went home with 500 lbs of fish to clean -- It sucked !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back