Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the tool marks on some the stone -- I see big stone columns been turned on a lathe or worked by machine !-- hole drills and the like - I don't find a likely way people did it with hammers and bronze chisels ! Precision work is a sign of an advanced technology-- I see precision work - I don't see an advanced culture capable of such ?

Gday OFC , 39 degrees cel and 15mm rain what the hell is going on crazy weather , starting trimming today , buds are so tight I love the new light should have done it years ago looking at growing some super weed now , LOL
have a great day all

Good Morning OFC...QB sounds like your experiencing the same pattern of extremes effecting most of us. It hit 65*-67* in the Antarctic this week and it has been raining here going on 8 weeks with lots of local flooding. The MS River is at a decent stage but its Tributary's are flooding...The Pearl River has caused a lot of evacs along it with the 8 inches of rain...here the rivers are deep and narrow due to high erosion soil. Did an up-pot on the current run...they took on off with no hitches...all though the Blue Steel does reflect its Blueberry heritage...just a tad finicky and does not like cold at all. Off for a chilly walk and then troublesome adventures lol. Peace ya'll

images (1).png

Morning OFC !
Yeah Umbra I know about Roman concrete !- As far as history goes that was recently !-- I'm sure there is an easy answer for the precision cut caves in India too !--
Chilly in the mudhole --Coffee and a pipe-- then more coffee and pipe !

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning OFs. The kids are home again. Hear that noise? Nope? Neither do I. Peace and quiet. Ahhhh.

I spent last night twisting and squeezing the tops of the stretching AK48s. The canopy looks well balanced to the lights. They are looking happy.

I got too brutal on thinning the leaves of Raspberry Cough first grow. Yield won't be as good, I expect, but there still is 6-8 weeks left, according to the grow specs.

RC grow #3 looks crowded. I'm aiming for a puddle-sog, but RC #1 needs to get out of the way.

About big stones. I had a flood house with a big ax safe in the basement. To get the safe out was priced at $1000 AND I had to get it to the drive. No way could I pull that off, the house was built around the safe a century earlier. The basement floor was going to be repoured. I broke a hole through the existing concrete. then dug a deep hole. To move the safe, I balanced it on a round granite rock and rotated it, putting a second rock nearly on the balance point and rotated again, walking the safe to the hole, two inches at a time. An hour later, it dropped into the hole. I buried the safe. Later, I repoured the concrete making a nice basement.

I don't know how heavy the safe was. I snapped cables and winches trying. But with a big enough lever, I can move the world. Later, I read about a farmer near Stonehenge moving a barn the same way. That's my guess about how the stones got moved, one lazy slave-worker that thought of an easier way.

Edit add: with a 3/4/5 triangle and a plumb bob, incredible precision can be done.

Last edited:
History's mysteries ? - If we knew how it was done wouldn't be no mystery ?-- I'd be happy just knowing How they moved the stone at Puma Punka- don't make me spell this morning !- Sacsayhuama- Taeoteuacan- Them "H" blocks !---Mysteries still !- U know it was done but how ?

I do like to get high !- Did U know that ?-- I have an inquiring mind !- I don't have a lot of answers !-- I don't even know the right questions to ask most times ?- --Seems to me though if the 1st of us who could write -- Wrote this is our history-- that people would be curious about what they had to say ?- Instead of trying to find alternate explanations ?- I can certianly understand how religion would put blinders on about it !-- Some things are just Taboo !-
Where my lighter ?-- Still cold !-- Easily chilled was a gift from the head injury !
I would suggest people read or listen to The Lost Book of Enki -- It gives the most comprehensive over view !-- I listened to it as an e-book !!- Starts out hard to understand but then it all comes together as the tale unwinds !-- I enjoyed it !- Give me a headache but I enjoyed it !

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning toots! A little brisk up here in the Cold Part. Trying to caffeinate myself enough to go on an archaeological dig through several months of unopened mail (thanks online bill pay for giving me an unhealthy nonchalance about all that mess in the post box) looking for tax-relevant documents in time to make it to go watch some Broooooons with my accountant friend at lunch time. More hot wings, of course. I'm on a diet and the goal is to be able to win a wing eating contest in the first 30 days. Not that I would, but I could!!! Also Zdeno Chara is oddly hot. And delightfully feisty and a real treat to watch - like a graceful bulldozer geared for speed.
Think I'm gonna be lazy and skip the dump today, nothing but a big box of cardboard that can hang out in the truck for a week. Plants later. Can't wait to see what additional purple has developed with these crazy overnight lows in my chilly flower room.
Y'all have a relaxing day!

Burrrrrr that looks cold Novi. Good morning all. Looks like a pretty day may be starting here. Coffee is good. Pot will be good soon. The plants in the bathroom are finally turning around... not sure what happened there. It has been six weeks, go figure. They didn't like being in the tub. Fine. whatever plants. Hope you are all well and stoned as needed.

Good morning yall!
Had to get my attitude together before checking in today.
Ya ever have one of those days when ya just wake up fighting mad? Lol. Beats me why but coffee and a so on and Im feelin alllllright. :)
Its COLD! But not like yesterday.
Must be 24* or so. lol
I need to get out and putter around but not in this cold.
Girlz are looking good and O.L. clone finally made it into dirt.
Gonna do some heavy cropping on these clones to see just how wide I can get them under a net.
Have a great day yall!

I may entertain myself by running the still some more. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back