Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to you Keef I hope it all works out , Im thinking I might give the rotation ago , I have in the past gone with big plants over 10 week turn around but I am getting a lot of waste with the undergrowth not finishing - got twice as much waste with the new LED they didn't seem to get the penetration the HPS did -top buds were nice though - the smaller plants quicker rotation sounds like a plan- be 12 weeks before I can give it a go but looking forward to it .

Thanks Crockett and good luck to U !-- U can find plenty Indicas and hybrids that will finish in 60 days or less !-- To do a rotation U gonna need 2 grow areas -- One for Veg and one for bloom !-- U gotta get your clone on !-- I cloned from clones so I didn't need mothers -- Once U got a few strains U can crank it out -- I think I perfer a rotation over what what Umbra do -- He fill the garage with bloom ready plants and run it all at once -- Way too much trimming for me !-- I'd rather spread it out !

Hey Rose did U see Miss Nancy today ?-- She gotta quit doing that !-- Come slinking up to that microphone just reeking of power !-- When I heard her daughter today say her mother could cut your head off and U wouldn't even know U was bleeding -- I almost fainted !-- Just something about a powerful woman !

Pretty much Nick -- Anything that raises the number of growers reduces my chances of getting caught !-- I come out the fire of prohibition without getting caught I like my chances if there are a lot more low hanging fruit ! -- I kinda like my chances of getting into the legal side too !-- I took a big chance sticking my head up as a Texas grower but I always been a wee bit bold !--

Good morning OFC. Time to go back to work

I’ve been thinking of going back to work my own self...just haven’t decided what I want to be yet...
Grocery clerk? I’m not really a people person...so I couldn’t probably do hair either...
Guess I’m stuck with Rock Star, but I haven't got much hair either...
Maybe liquor store clerk...no pot stores in my town...

Morning O.F.C. -- 1st up I guess -- Wake and Bake -- We got rain and low 40s at the beach !-
RE -- I hope U find a little something U can do that gives U some satisfaction and a little money -- I think I'm screwed about going back to work -- Some days I do pretty good some days not so good -- Only skills I got left are making liqour and growing weed neither one legal --
Gloman -- on that pear wine -- U can cook the head off then resweeten and add a little more yeast and it will be bubbly again !-- I think freezing it concentrates the head too and can affect taste - Kinda hard to call that concentrated stuff wine but U can make it taste good and still be potent !--
Back to the pipe --

Good morning yall!
Crispy cold this morn.
Looks like another day to stay in and fuss over my girlz.
I really DO like indoor growing.
Its definitely more expensive but the quality justifies the expense.
Outdoors I always had to harvest when the weather dictates. Now, I'm in controll. The drastic decrease in volume will take some getting used to but again, quality makes up for quantity.
Keef
My pear wine spoiled. It turned from golden to dingy brown.
It don't smell bad so I'm gonna run it thru the still next batch of shine.
I was watching that moonshine program and got the itch again. lol time to clean the still!

hey keef thats kinda what I thought ,,,,,,and most of them were old (7 to 10 years old) I also thought it was overload ,,,way to much info but it was interesting ,,,I reed a book called the mariujana bible by greg green(I'm sure that's not his real name)but even it pailed in comparison and it was over 300 pages ,,,,good seeds,good soil,,,good light and good water and your good,,,thats what I was always to taught ,,,anyway stay safe and be well,,,,,zig,,,,,,almost forgot to say good morning

morning ofc. been thinking about my brownies and would like others thoughts. when i first started making them, i was following the directions for cooking them that is on the box for bakers unsweetened chocolate which is to bake at 350 f for 30-35 mins(note:i do not decarboxylate my trim prior to making my cannabutter). the ones in the middle always come out a little gooey/less cooked. that bothered me so i started to cook them for a longer time. i am not certain that there was a correlation but it seems like my recent batches are more speedy and less relaxing which i don't like as much. could i be vaporizing some of the cannabinoids, terpenes and flavinoids by cooking them for longer? i found a vaporization temp jpg that leads me to believe i am cooking off some of the goods. thoughts?

Attachments

• vaporizing-temperatures.jpg
    vaporizing-temperatures.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 14
going to try a batch today baking at 300 f. looks like that should convert the acids but not vaporize the goodness. we will see...

Let us know how they turn out OF.
I been making some attempts lately at cookies and brownies and so far they all sucked.
Raw, burnt, gooey and nasty.
I'm gonna try peanut butter cookies next. I think lower temps and longer times may help.

g-man - this is the recipe i use...

https://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipe/054515/bakers-one-bowl-brownies

the only thing i add is about a half teaspoon of peppermint oil. it masks the cannabis taste a bit. not that i eat them as a snack but it just makes them taste better. i have left the peppermint oil out before and they still taste good. just not as good. i tried using sunflower lecithin in the oil one time too. it sped up the time it took to feel the buzz but also drastically reduced the length of time the buzz lasted.

i get 120-130 approx 1" square 'doses' out of a pan of brownies. depending on your tolerance and the strength of your cannabutter, 1 dose can be pretty intense. i usually eat a half of one and am good for hours.

mrs fogey eats about a quarter. the young fogeys can eat a couple though. so it probably depends also on how intense a buzz you like as well...

in case any of you are wondering, apparently a trip to the emergency room and an appendectomy costs over $53,000. yikes! glad i have insurance...

I can take an appendix out in my sleep !-- Seems that way anyway -- 20 years -- I helped take out a couple -- Did that include anesthesia ?-- U know they put U to sleep for free ?-- That bill is for waking U up !-- Anesthesia joke !-- I never thought it was funny !
Gloman sorry about the wine -- I need to taste mine it may be vinegar -- I still make some vinegar on occasion-- I'm thinking like U about wine taking a long time -- I'll have to put me together a still at the new place !-- I'm get RE and Umbra to teach me to make an acceptable beer too !
OF -- I used to make that canna oil in a pan on the stove -- Long as that oil is not smoking the THC would rather bind with oil that vaporize -- I never had an edible except for some Gummies-- I'm sold on my cannacaps !
Hey Zig !

Morning OFC.... Cold and rainy here, see snow in the lower hills this morning...
Easy day here today sit back and watch the girls grow ...
Smoking on some Train wreck X Haze.

Morning old farts, hope everyone is off to a fine start. olefogey, as usual I must be doing something wrong but being the lazy guy I am, Duncan Hines is my friend. I use the on box recipe, I get batches of about 16 and I can eat one and be happy, two and be stuck on the couch. I have a very high tolerance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back