Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After an owls eats its pray they digest the portion that is food and everything else is squezed by the stomach into a pellet and vomited out
When my kids were young, we used to hunt for owl pellets and take them apart to find mouse teeth and jaws. A bit morbid(and probably not good germ-wise) but we enjoyed it.

After an owls eats its pray they digest the portion that is food and everything else is squezed by the stomach into a pellet and vomited out

They are amazing birds. As part of a local conservation group we used to build nest boxes for barred and great horned owls. Really cool to see them adopted by a nesting pair.

I Love it! Lol
Is that a blunt hes got there or a bone? Lol
Beef rib bone. I give them to him raw and frozen. Vet always comments on how good his teeth look until I tell her it’s because of the bones. Then I reprimanded and get a hard sell on their dental care products...

Beef rib bone. I give them to him raw and frozen. Vet always comments on how good his teeth look until I tell her it’s because of the bones. Then I reprimanded and get a hard sell on their dental care products...
Mine chews everything in the yard, he eats tree branches for snacks and we give hi the large beef bones every other day, He has a pile under his tree with about 50 of them there.

Mine chews everything in the yard, he eats tree branches for snacks and we give hi the large beef bones every other day, He has a pile under his tree with about 50 of them there.

It can go bad sometimes tho. We lost a nice black & tan coonhound once that way. A sliver of bone from a deer shank sliced his stomach.

It can go bad sometimes tho. We lost a nice black & tan coonhound once that way. A sliver of bone from a deer shank sliced his stomach.
Oh I don't give him the bad ones that can do that only the ones that are lare and hollow a certain raw bone cut like a shank cut Not sure I need to find out

51k723HjSYL._SX90_.jpg
Marrow Bones

Perfect! Most ppl don't know about the reason bones need to be raw.
Any cooked bone is a no no.

When archeologists centuries from now excavate my property, they will think a large pack of beef carnivores lived here. I have nearly 2 decades of bones (in the thousands)scattered around the woods behind my house

When archeologists centuries from now excavate my property, they will think a large pack of beef carnivores lived here. I have nearly 2 decades of bones (in the thousands)scattered around the woods behind my house
Ha
When I moved into my house I was doing some work in yard and dug up a horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back