Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov -- Maybe some light reading about such things as Synthetic seed -- Tissue Culture --To understanding what makes a plant male or female maybe even some reading about genetic doubling -- In that vein maybe "The Secrets of The Pink Kush" - by Billy Bud-- or study how they make seedless watermelon or them bigass strawberries-- Same process applied to weed is what I'm after -- Franken Weed !
If I make a tetraploid -- I can be sure no one else has it --
Genetic doubling is a crap shoot -- but - it's gonna be the future of weed !-- Big Pharma gonna genetically double highly desirable plants -- I predict they end up at 5n - They put a genetic maker in it and all plants descended from it will carry that genetic marker -- Then they patent that marker -- So like the farm seed companies U have to buy seed from them every year -- They already started down that path with "Terminator Seed" -- made just like seedless watermelons!-- They can not be bred - They will produce no seed !

I got some books on the way. The cannabis breeders bible and marijuana botany. Amazon has a new book coming in January about breeding. I can't recall what it is at the moment. They have a few more. K and dj shorts books are next on my list.
I'll leave y'all alone with the dang questions. At least for now. Haha! Enjoy your Sunday morning everyone!

People do really like them caps up here Keef. I found a 2 finger bag of auto bud I forgot about. It's matured well but still tasted green ish. But the haze is definitely there in the buzz. Kinda has me revisiting my thoughts on autos. Maybe they just need to have a really long cure to show what they're worth. I know all bud benefits from long cure but maybe the auto requires it. I suppose I'll get some more freebies of something auto eventually.
Back to caps lol! I used that but to make them before. I gave them all away. I made like 200 I think? I took quite a few but they couch locked me so I stopped after a bit. I'm gonna use my trim this time to make more.

Things are changing in Texas and I started tbis journey with the plan of growing weed as a second career -- Growing can get expensive and I quickly learned that it is real easy for a pot farmer to be weed rich and money poor !-- So I decided to revert back to what worked when I use to move Mexican brick weed-- I need a dealer to take my weed and bring me money -- I think every grower who ends up with excess should have a way of getting rid of it and turning it into money for more grow **** as needed !-
- I'm gonna see if I can make me a little living at it !-- Not trying to get rich just pay some bills and grow some weed !--

Hey ofc, good morning...how ya doin Cinister1
Hey! I’m ok. Christmas shopping pretty much done. Now the fued begins. What days who is going where. I could careless just want the grands around but hubby has to work on the 27th and doesn’t want to do it Boxing Day. Family dinamics at its best. Been off the weed for a few weeks now. Was starting to over think to much. I’m extremely curious by nature but my thought pattern was getting to be unrealistic. Still passing it on to my friends who seem to really like it. Cheers!

Morning OF’s
Very cold here. Wind hasn’t stopped for over a week. Haven’t had to use the generator yet which is unusual. Folks complained a lot about losing power (24 times last year) so Hydro cut down a bunch of trees along the lines. So far so good. Haven’t even hit the winter season and I’m freezing. Hopefully it’s a mild one. Good to see you all safe and sound as we roll into December. Cheers!

Thanks for the tips on pollen Keef! Why not just leave the male in the bloom room all the time? Are you trying to extend his bloom? I've never considered keeping males. I'm not even sure what all to look for. Vigor, structure, smell, easily clones and maybe trichs if it makes them? BB Bb bb right? The dominant/recessive thing. I'm pretty sure I'll be developing my own system here with this... I'm stoned. Chookies! I like it.
Every one talking about seeds has got me itching to pop some more. I suppose I could. I do have a GSC by blimburn. OF8 said he had a good strain from them. Maybe the trainwrecks and some sunrise daydream? Cherry Og and a Boss Hogg.... Anyone grown out Delicious gear? I've got a sugar candy I think. Maybe it's sugar black Rose? They're out of Spain I think. Looks like they got a bunch of cups winners in the stable.
I'm rambling along, sorry. Maybe I pull out some more triple lemons? I'm gonna go get my seed jar.
Things are slowing down on the home front. I should have more time available now. More brain power to apply, hopefully lol. I need a manic swing right about now.... Seeds seeds seeds seeds.
Its Sugar Black rose. I have it. I got it from Baked Beans Genetics in Spain. Oh good morning OFC

Hey Cinister -- U need to put some grow lights on your Christmas list !-- We turn U into an inside grower with a perpetual grow !

More about my grow plan -- Part of it is production --Hard hitting 60 day finishers -- 4 part rotation and crank it out !--
That's basically just to pay the bills and buy equipment- the income producing side of the grow -- Then I'm sure I'll want a part to maybe grow some sativas or what I think of as the private grow - grow what pleases me on that section !--
I also want to set up a processing section -- trim / dry / hash/ -extract / package !-- Not even sure where to start on that ?-- Every grower needs a niche -- I seem to be being pushed toward MMJ -- So how does one develop a medical market in a prohibition state ?- I'm kinda trying to work that out myself --

Good morning OFC

In the 40s and raining today. I guess I will watch a lot of football and smoke a lot of Purple Punch today.

I am tempted to start indoor grow early this year. Local dispensaries have Magic Melon, Lemongrass and Purple Punch clones in stock. I would need to put a heater in my shop....

Enjoy this day friends!

Time to refill the pipe !-- I like when people talk about what they smoking but my grow ain't producing yet and saying what I'm smoking might be saying too much !-- Still not up to packing caps -- I got a big sack of trim I make them out of !--

Its Sugar Black rose. I have it. I got it from Baked Beans Genetics in Spain. Oh good morning OFC
This is what I have https://www.deliciousseeds.com/del_en/sugar-candy.html

Sugar black Rose x caremello
sugar-candy.html

That's the plan Stinky !-- There's so much choice in what to grow-- Started out wanting just fast finishing indicas- that doesn't cut the choice down enough -- So I come up with flavors and smells U would find in a diner -- There's still so much to choose from !-- I don't much care who bred them or what they called -- I want U to be able to tell me what it is !--
Cherry pie-- Strawberry Short Cake etc !-- Still plenty to choose from !

Edit -- making caps

I think of strange **** sometimes when I get high !-- Why would someone want to ferment Sugar Frosted Flakes ?-- If someone did I wonder how it would turn out -- Breakfast liqour ? -- Cinnamon Toast Crunch ?-- I got a sick mind !-- but-- I gots to know !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back