Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My smokepole hasn`t barked yet, but it`s ready.
What flavor of smoke pole are ya usin'?

Can't remember if it was the Wife or brother that bought me a 50 cal.TC Hawkins kit forty years ago. Spent the whole winter sculpting the stock, hand rubbing BLO into it, and putting a brown finish on the barrel. It was my go to gun for ML season for thirty years. Then, my now deceased best friend, Redskin, bought me a cheap little CVA inline 50 cal. for Christmas. I tossed a 4X Weaver scope on it that I had laying around. What a tack driver! Liked it so much I just had to go out and blow five times the money on a Remington 700 ML and a Leopold 3X9 scope.

Guess what? The CVA shoots just as accurately as the Remington at less than 20% of the price!

If I wanted to don the buckskins and hit the woods for a primitive style hunt, I'd take the Hawkins. If I want to put meat on the table across the bean field, I'd take the inline.

Damn! Now I'm hungry for some venison jerky!

Ugh !- It has to be morning somewhere !-- Thanks Rose !-- I'm sure U know the stress those situation brings !-- Baby Doll said why are my arms so sore ?-- Our biggest problem in life is that we are both lightning rods !-- if something is going to happen we be in the middle of it !-- Never a dull moment !- Giggy -- catch up with U later about that info!-- Time for Keef to have some coffee and refill my pipe ! Later my Peeps !

Monday morning in the OFC. Wake and bake is in order for all Curmudgeonlanders. Grab your bowl, grab your coffee and have at it. Peace.

What flavor of smoke pole are ya usin'?

Can't remember if it was the Wife or brother that bought me a 50 cal.TC Hawkins kit forty years ago. Spent the whole winter sculpting the stock, hand rubbing BLO into it, and putting a brown finish on the barrel. It was my go to gun for ML season for thirty years. Then, my now deceased best friend, Redskin, bought me a cheap little CVA inline 50 cal. for Christmas. I tossed a 4X Weaver scope on it that I had laying around. What a tack driver! Liked it so much I just had to go out and blow five times the money on a Remington 700 ML and a Leopold 3X9 scope.

Guess what? The CVA shoots just as accurately as the Remington at less than 20% of the price!

If I wanted to don the buckskins and hit the woods for a primitive style hunt, I'd take the Hawkins. If I want to put meat on the table across the bean field, I'd take the inline.

Damn! Now I'm hungry for some venison jerky!

Hippie, ol` friend, my first m/l was a Thompson Center New Englander about 30 years ago. Next came a Thompson Center Scout with a stainless steel barrel. Last, but not least, I bought a Remington 700, with a stainless barrel, a few years ago. Last season, put a Nikon Omega 1.65-5x36 scope on it. Eyes ain`t what they used to be. Even put a scope on my Ruger 44 carbine (Nikon Monarch 6x42). Need to get your behind up here and deer hunt with me next season. If nothing else, we`ll get a good buzz and stay that way. The wives will understand, it`s that time of the year.

AM,
Good morning to ya.
Wake and bake time, my friend.
Coffee and a bowl.

morning yooper, monster and the rest of the ofc. yall do a wake and bake for me. got my coffee now i got to start the end of year inventory. yall have a great day, peace.

giggy,
Good morning to ya. Taking inventory ? Yeck, glad it`s you and not me. Peace.

Morning O.F.C. !-- missed the first Wake and Bake - but I'm catching up best I can ! A Good Day to All !

Yoop, an old drinking buddy gave me a TC Renegade 54 cal. that he'd butchered. He'd hung it on his wall by making straps out of an old leather belt, but didn't realize that the old leather belt had been salt cured. Salt + humidity + blued steel = Oh, my God! It had deep pitting everywhere the leather had touched the barrel.

He took it apart and then tried to get the breach plug out with a pipe wrench!

I took it home and lovingly took it apart and spent the next three days carefully draw filing and sanding the barrel and re-contouring the breach plug. After about eight coats of bluing and some 0000 steel wool with oil, I had it looking darn near new. Steamed the dents out of the stock and hand rubbed some linseed oil into it until it looked like glass.
Showed it to him a week later and the first thing out of his mouth was, "I'd like to have that back!". My comment? "I'll bet you would!"

Wish I'd picked up a TC Seneca 36 cal. while they were still in production. Would have made a great little bunny/squirrel rifle.

You cast your own slugs? I cast the maxi-balls in 50 & 54 cal.

Who says Old Farts can't learn new skills ? 6 months ago I didn't know squat about fixing a broken fridge .-- Was broke as usual and had a three round match with that beast !-- Then this morning I notice the temp was dropping !-- She's cooling again !-- Have to do better than that to beat ole Keef ! My next challenge is those 2 LEDs with only one side working !-- If I'm gonna use they expensive a** -- I gotta be able to repair them !- Giggy gave me some pointers so I'm gonna play musical chc'airs with lights tommorrow and take one apart and take a look !-- with a line down the middle and one side of that line works and the other don't -- We'll see !-- Anything I learn I'll share with the O.F.C. -- If I have a problem -- I'll be asking the brain trust for any help they can give !

i have been planning on starting some more plants to add to the grow so i could keep it going. not sure if i want to go outdoors this season or not, after losing most everything outdoors last season. i got a old standup freezer and i'm thinking about turning it into a veg box. when i first started growing indoors i had a 2'x2'x4' box with over 500 watts of cfl and a bathroom exhaust fan with homemade carbon filters. it worked ok but was to small to keep a supply growing in. i'm thinking of using all my left overs and cfls to set it up. i'll know by this weekend what i'm gonna do, as i believe it would be better then in my closet.

Morning OFC. Back from Utah. It was cold. Glad to be home. Giggy, your refrigerator idea might work well for you. I may try my first ever outdoor in the Spring.

Morning, Old Farts! Had the rare pleasure of meeting up with one of our very own alumni, Boozo! He informed me that the Cup was coming back to Michigan next year, but hadn't posted a date yet.

Yoop, you gonna be there? We'll come up and kidnap yer butt if we have to!

morning all u yougn farts hahahha,, tht that everything is ur way,, just sittin here,, sippin on some irish coffee with a bong hit or 2 ,, smoken a blurberry kush,, this n awesome strain
420 to u all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back