Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
morning keef and the rest of the ofc. krav when cpr is used that is a chance that is taken to try to save someone. if it were me i'd be glad to heal from the ribs then to be put in a box. i get a cpr refresher every year in our mine safety class. in other news i got my new light yesterday, i'm down sizing and gonna start running clones for the ol lady and i. i got a area51 rw75. i believe i'll start converting the freezer this weekend and have a fridge to do the moms and cuttings in but will do cfls in them. yall have a great day.

Morning, Old Farts. Had the best sleep of the year this morning. Went out at 01:30 and slept 'til 07:30! I feel drugged! Last three days I've been operating on an hour and a half per night instead of my usual four. Old Hen washed the bed linens and hung 'em out on the line to air dry. Slept like a dead man! I feel sorry for city folks that never share the experience.
Sun is shining, the back field's grass is calling. Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to mow I go.......:)

Thanks all for the kind words, I have never done compressions w/o breaking ribs....just goes with the procedure. Bet I have coded more than 100 peeps so far in my career. Sucks that it happens, but if I'm on you....your gonna get every chance to live you've got.
In other news Dusty says hello.

good morning all. I had to move everything into greenhouse last night. Frost was coming. 2 5 gal pots kicked my butt. I don't think ill be forcing anymore early. My back just won.t do it .The back tells me what I can do and what I can't. I told me last night no no no no.

Krav,
Congrats on a good job bringing her back. Don`t work very often, but the time it does, makes it all worth it.
A puddy tat ? smoke gray in color even, nice.

Good morning OFC. Wake and bake time ya`ll.

Morning yooper, yup smoke grey and a real cool personality...he also enjoys pot himself.
Wake and baking with ya yoop :48:

Morning everybody Done did the wake n bake, now it's time to get the rest of my outdoor plants planted before the rain this afternoon.
Going to be a good year. My "wild patch" is coming up nicely.

Keef, I only got 1 W.E. to germ, but it is growing nicely. I'll most likely plant it in a 5gal. bucket & put the bucket below ground level so it can't be seen. Then if it don't have time to finish I can bring it inside. Leaves on it say it's mostly Indica. I like that!
Well y'all have a green day!

Kraven - Cool Cat !-- When RWS and I first got together we had a pup and a Calico kitty -- I had a grow in a spare bedroom -- One day while I was at work one of them picked the lock ?- somehow they got in the grow room !-- They destroyed everything !-- Little Bastids !- That cat was the ring leader - I just know it ! Gloman - mostly indica - hot dang !-- These seed need to hurry up and dry !-- Hey Bozzo -- Have U thought about making a tripod covered with somekind of dark fabric or something to cover forced plants ?

I have thought about the forcing of plants and making it automated. Using the idea of the covers they make for trucks so stuff doesn't fly out of the back. Kind of a over center thing. this could be made using an electric actuator. Just dreaming.

Go for it Beemer !- No reason it wouldn't work !- I got to have timers - I forget stuff !

I will tell you for sure my forced flowers were the best buds of the summer. they finish in July or August when its hot. they don't have to go through a wet September. and it gives me something to tend to every night. it's fun for me ,but the back may not be able to. I'll see. The back comes and goes.
Beemer ,I'm thinking of a small hoop or pvc pipe frame. about 4 feet tall built around the plants. just toss a black piece of plastic over them at 6 pm and uncover after dark. nice easy no lifting each pot. one motion plastic toss.
I do that outside in the fall. if frost or rain is coming, I pull a clear plastic roll over them. I do it every night late in the grow. I don't even want dew on them. and that is the same size hoops as yours. Build the frame smaller . and you could move it on any plant anytime and start.
I am doing one test plant this year. on the 15th of July I'll start forcing one potted plant. force it for 2 weeks and then see if it continues flowering early.

Built a festival food booth once with PVC frame and blue tarp skin-- made needed fittings ( had a pitched roof ) from PVC -- heat that stuff up to 300 degrees and it is pliable and can be shaped !- - it can be cut with shears when hot too !-- Made the wife a cutting board out of heavy duty 6 inch PVC pipe cut it to length ( short enough to fit in the oven ) when it was soft I ripped it with a pair of bandage scissors - put the hot piece between two pieces of plywood and stood on it until it cooled ! Rounded and smoothed edges and done !

Sitting around smoking some Skywalker Kush, had an old buddy stop by so we were comparing smokes. All I can say is wow, I'm gonna grow this out once myself.

Beemer I got it. a pvc blackout frame anchored to the ground on a hinged side . so it flips over the grow. just like a door. Then mount a garage door opener up high between high posts. when the door opener activates, it flips the blackout shed over onto the plants. then when it activates again, it opens the box back off the grow.

Good morning OFC. Coffee just got done, so now it`s time. It`s "wake and bake" time in Curmudgeonland. Join in and start your day off the right way, the old farts way.

Morning, folks. Got tied up with an old friend and his three different flavors of wax. Didn't make it to the third flavor.

Sorry to hear about BB King. Blues just won't be the same without him.

Morning My MP Friends. Rain,rain,rain,,i forgot what the sun looks like. Lol

looks like we might get rain too today WH, be nice to have a storm roll through while i nap.

Good morning weed OFC. bozzo that sounds like a great idea. Moving pots around can get to anyone's back so be careful. Using something like you idea would take the work out of it and you won't have to remember to do it. Happy Days all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back