Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things here are changing so fast and I am a bit overwhelmed by it. NCH is blowing up big time. He will be getting a student intern from a University in Holland to study his growing and business model. There are signs of legalization everywhere. Every big player is positioning themselves now and not waiting until Nov when it is on the ballot. I am not prepared for any of this...I'm still fighting bugs.

Well if I had ever sampled Umbra's work I'm sure I would have liked it !--I mean I probably haven't !--but if I had it would probably be nice !--- Just saying !--

I plan on having a girl isolated and working from another half dozen varieties by fall !-- I want about a dozen ready to clone !-- Also I want that oil machine sooner !-- Move along !-- Nothing to see here just growing a little weed !--

Umbra, can you elaborate? What exactly has you questioning? Is it because it is so much bigger than you did before you moved? You are umbra for goodness sakes. sakes? spelling? Wish you could see you the way I see you, somewhere in the middle would be a good place, I would think.

I have been in the flower garden, damn earwigs are eating up my fox gloves, living in the stem.. they will be taking an olive oil bath to their demise this evening.

Papaya is crazy out doors, just took a huge growth spurt. Just came in for a break... back to the oxalis.

Umbra, you were elaborating whilst i was typing. It is scary. But don't question your abilites. what kind of bugs? I think most all grows have bugs commercial or not. Do you use sticky traps?

Well if I had ever sampled Umbra's work I'm sure I would have liked it !--I mean I probably haven't !--but if I had it would probably be nice !--- Just saying !--
That is very kind of you Keef. the competition is just incredible here. 1 of NCH buddies just lost his entire grow and all of his mothers to broad mites. It is going to take him months to come back from it.

Rose, besides every type of spider mite there is here, they are super bugs. I haven't had every bug out here, but the ones I have had are immune to miticide or something. They are relentless. I am just frustrated. I don't want to keep spraying and spraying, every grow. So I went with predator mites and they are working exceptionally well. Which scares me a little. Because if they work so well, how come no one else is doing it out here? Rose your words help a lot. Everyone goes thru those moments of doubt about themselves and it my time is all.

I went a local dispensary and they had 2 kinds of sherbert, 4 kinds of gelato, thin mint cookies, GSC,...it was all different kinds of cookies, but ALL cookies

Hey Umbra if everyone else was running off a cliff --would U !- Do what works for U !-- When it comes to pest control there is only 2 choices -- Chemicals or predatory bugs !-- For me the choice is clear !-- As a bonus I get to know that them bastids are running for they life ,being chased down and eaten alive !--Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling ! --Reminds me I got nematodes in the fridge !-- Don't have any root aphids I know of but I treat regularly now !-- No spidermites I can find but The borg will be back !-- I don't have any beneficial mites but when the borg show up again I'll be waiting !

We use epsom salts.

Thanks, I had no clue. I didn't know if that would affect the micro's or not. About what strength per gal ? I use a 1/4 tsp per gal for non organic grows when needed.

Umbra, your still the same fish, the pond is just a bit bigger and there are more predators. You didn't leave your skills back east, your exceptionally smart. If the bugs have developed a resistance, maybe thinking outside of the box and using predatory bugs it the way to go, if it works keep it to yourself.....your in competition now so you need every edge you can find. I have no doubt you are an exceptional grower and you will find your path, you have not lost it.....you just need to step back and see the forest for the tree's. Me personally, I have 100% confidence that given time your name will be known as will your brand. Peace

Who was that masked man !--- It is a monster Giggy !-- I never been able to turn it loose like that !-- She make 5 leaves almost all of the time !--Mine got that wonderful blueberry smell in late bloom !--
keef mine was 7 leaves and was very heady.
Giggy, thank you. It sounds like 1 crazy plant.
no problem umbra, thank you for sharing.

Hey Umbra if everyone else was running off a cliff --would U !- Do what works for U !-- When it comes to pest control there is only 2 choices -- Chemicals or predatory bugs !-- For me the choice is clear !-- As a bonus I get to know that them bastids are running for they life ,being chased down and eaten alive !--Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling ! --Reminds me I got nematodes in the fridge !-- Don't have any root aphids I know of but I treat regularly now !-- No spidermites I can find but The borg will be back !-- I don't have any beneficial mites but when the borg show up again I'll be waiting !
i'm dealing with the borg at the moment. trying to finish my last flowers then it is all out war.

I use those in the garden but not in my pot garden. Those are good for soil born insects, i use them in the flower garden for root vine weevil. They would work for anything bad in the soil. I use beneficial mites in the pot garden outside.

I mix them up and brush the top of my neoprene collars generously where those root aphids got me last time !--I don't even have any soil !-- I be getting me some of the mites of which U speak !-- Got a name ?-- We got mites that will stand up and fight back !-- They reproduce year around and never die from winter !

Keef, Giggy, Dala, Rose...thank you! Dala you hit the head on the head. It is a much bigger pond. I'm seeing grows that will rival outdoors in size with the indoor quality. We are talking 22,000 sq ft. Electrical use is being estimated at $100K a month...wow. I have 500 sq ft, lol. I am at the point where I am all in, and that is a little scary for me.

Umbra U got this !-- I think U need to specialize but I don't even know what that would be !-- Those people with the huge warehouses got as much or more problems than U !-- I would not want to be the pharmer responsible for that much !-- Way too much pressure !--

Just watering the plants in a space like that will take all day. They use golf carts to get from 1 end of the space to the other. I wouldn't want to be checking for bugs on every plant, lol. Predator mites are the only way to deal with it on such a large scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back