I think im being watched

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so im sure most of you who have read and posted in this thread are wondering what happened when i went out last night to check on the shed.

I go out at my usual time (after dark when my timers kick on) i come down the road and see that the car is there yet again. I pull off the road just shy of the car, and walk up on it. I didn't see anyone in the front of the ride sitting there so i peer into the back and see that there is someone sleeping in the seat covered with their jacket. First thought is there is no way this can be a :cop: unless he takes his 3rd watch real serious. I tap on the window and the guy jumps up like it was an air raid siren or something. he opens the door and i ask what are you doing here this is private property and your blocking the entrance to the wooded area of it. The guy starts stammering around about how there isn't any sign posted and i point one out right on the gated fence that he was parked in front of. I ask him to go and he starts for the drivers door of the car giving me all kind of poo about how people need to mind their own business and sheet, i turn around and tell him it is my business this is private family land that im entitled to to use and protect. He turns and raises his voice telling me hell be back and well see whats private, so i whip out the old cell and say your going to make threats ill call the cops. I dial he takes off in the car. I tell the local sheriff what happened and show him the pictures of the tag and car (i took them before i walked up on it) the cop asks me what im doing out there that late to begin with, needless to say while i was ready for a question like that i still felt a little jump in heart rate when he asked me, i tell him i was out checking the road back here after the rain to make sure my car could still get through so me and my oldest boy could go Turkey hunting in the morning. That answer satisfied him to the utmost. He started talking about the tom he had got 2 days ago, and takes a report about the "disturbance" and goes on his way after wishing me and the boy luck on the hunt. After he was out of sight i go and hit the shed to find that its all intact nothing missing or out of place, i do what i needed to and move out back to the homestead. On the way back i see that car again pulled over on the side of the road with 3 deputy cruisers surrounding it i see the sheriff that i had talked to so i stop and see what the deal is. He tells me that when he got back and ran the tag and car it had been reported stolen a week ago form a nearby town and the guy in it was the kid of the people who reported it missing. He says thanks for the call about the out of place vehicle on the land and wishes me luck again on the hunt. I feel kinda odd now, glad that i got the car off the land and away from my shed, but bad because what would have ended badly for this kid regardless of my actions can now be made worse with the trespassing that may be added to it. Though around here the law usually tends to drop a lesser charge if they have a good solid case on something more.

Hick said:
well there ya' go!! a servant of the people, doing their job... :)
Kinda makes you feel a bit of hope LOL

Glad to here its all sorted anyway, must be a fair weight off your mind eh?
Least you can get back to normal again :)

420benny said:
Don't you feel better now? I do. Back to life as usual.
Newbud said:
Glad to here its all sorted anyway, must be a fair weight off your mind eh?
Least you can get back to normal again :)

yes i do feel a ton better.

Well congrats on the happy outcome for you Dubba-
Good cover line with the Turkey hunting thing.

Dubbaman said:
I feel kinda odd now, glad that i got the car off the land and away from my shed, but bad because what would have ended badly for this kid regardless of my actions can now be made worse with the trespassing that may be added to it.

You did the kid a favor. Sometimes people need to hit rock bottom before they realize there are consequences and repercussions for their actions. Now he can pick himself back up and try to make better of himself and his family.

Dubbaman said:
so i whip out the old cell and say your going to make threats ill call the cops. I dial he takes off in the car. I tell the local sheriff what happened and show him the pictures of the tag and car (i took them before i walked up on it) the cop asks me what im doing out there that late to begin with, needless to say while i was ready for a question like that i still felt a little jump in heart rate when he asked me, i tell him i was out checking the road back here after the rain to make sure my car could still get through so me and my oldest boy could go Turkey hunting in the morning. That answer satisfied him to the utmost.

someone that is breaking the law will not usually call the cops. So in all honesty now they no you as a concerned citizen.

HippyInEngland said:
How on earth did you stay so calm?

Well done :)

:peace:
I had all day to plan what/how to go about it in my mind, running different computer models (mind models??) if you will. That and some sativa will work wonders ;)

thedonofchronic said:
why feel bad the kid needed to go and get
punished for his action. you steal a car from your parents
or anyone and drive it away, you deserve trouble.
I feel bad about it because it was my actions that brought this guy down and i did it for my own gain too. If i were a fox hound id have done my job well by flushing him out, as it is i was more like someone who called the cops about the guy robbing the mini mart so i could wait across town to rob the bank :holysheep:

Dubbaman said:
I feel bad about it because it was my actions that brought this guy down and i did it for my own gain too. If i were a fox hound id have done my job well by flushing him out, as it is i was more like someone who called the cops about the guy robbing the mini mart so i could wait across town to rob the bank :holysheep:

yeah but think about it, if he steals from his parents without remorse I bet he wouldn't even think twice about robbing your grow.

bottom line.
you could have not done anything.
risked having your grow busted,
risked it being a killer or something and people
getting hurt. (sounds farfetched but it can happen)
Its private property. If i was going to look for a spot to
park my car and crash there for a few days, especially after
committing a crime I would definitly look for signs saying
no tresspassing. This guy set himself up to be caught.

The least he could have done to avoid being busted was to
give you respect when you approached him. which he didnt.
I bet if he said, hey sorry I really didnt know ill be going take it easy.
then you wouldnt have dialed the police or anything.
So trust me you did nothing wrong.

BuddyLuv said:
yeah but think about it, if he steals from his parents without remorse I bet he wouldn't even think twice about robbing your grow.
Very true and this was a concern of mine too. I don't grow to gain money or with aspirations of ever being a dealer, i grow to have my med that keeps my BPD in check without the over the top narcotic (zombie) feeling i get on the "approved" crap.

thedonofchronic said:
So trust me you did nothing wrong.
I don't feel that i did anything wrong in the situation and your right any of that could have been what it was and all of it could have been far worse. I jsut have always believed in the golden rule you know that do on to others as you would have them do on to you. I am one who believes that to the utmost and now that this has gone my way in the short term i feel that karma may want to bite me in the long term. Not that im worried about it i am after all full grown and willing to be responsible for my actions.

BuddyLuv said:
Sometimes people need to hit rock bottom before they realize there are consequences and repercussions for their actions. Now he can pick himself back up and try to make better of himself and his family.

That is so true, voice of experience there me thinks ;), i know i learnt that the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back