I wish to start a new group here, how does one start a group here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN said:
see if he only waited,,, he would have gotten exactly what he wanted.... kids todays lesson is about patience....
lol

Cool a group i can be a part of hehe. do we pm art or wait for thread to be started?
What forum u gonna set it up in hick?

I can't belive I almost missed this thread.

OK, while we're waiting for a little glitch to be fixed, let's chat a minute...

It's only fair to run all this by our friend DD who is currently in the MP jail :hubba: but will be sprung shortly to run for president. Or run from the president - I get confused sometimes. Well lots of times. OK, most of the time.

Speaking of time, in the meantime, here are my thoughts, let's hear yours!

It seems to me we're after the grow setup itself - everything needed to put plant(s) in/under and plug it in. So...

NOT airstones, pots, air pumps, etc. Also not soil, amendments, nutes, reservoirs, etc. (We all know a real broke-n-toke grow will involve Miracle Grow soil and water, anyway :hubba:)

YES light(s), fan(s), light timer(s), ducting, paint, clamps...

Stuff laying around the house that gets incorporated into a grow space seems to me to be the holy grail here and deserves highlighting in some way, followed by garage sale/craigslist steals. But I hope we don't see too many 1000 watt HPS already in a cool tube for $30 off craigslist:)

I don't think spending $501 on your grow area disqualifies you from the group. We don't want to end up in an argument about stuff that doesn't matter. It's the spirit of the broke-n-toke grow we want and I'm confident we all know one when we see one.

If it were up to me, we'd list all of the components making up the grow space without any $ amount. We all know about how much a 4 or 6" ducting elbow and 10 foot piece of vent hose costs? Save the $ numbers for things worth highlighting - either $50 400 watt hps or a $400 hps setup with everything else costing about $100 more.

Finally, this would be thread I would head straight to if I was a beginner. Little knowledge, lots of enthusiasm looking to get my feet wet and give it a go, quickly and cheaply. Once we smoke our own, well, I don't want to preach to the choir :hubba:

One final note even though I said finally above - it will be important that we not say anything potentially helpful or useful to a wider audience here. Do not bury pics of your 400 grams dried weigh AK47 here!

Next?

[quoteDo not bury pics of your 400 grams dried weigh AK47 pics here!

Next?[/quote]...ok................

DSCI1872.JPG

Art how about guest appearances by people not in the group because they don't come close to the cap but maybe they hve come up with something Hoboish to share? It might just be a cool way to use pipe cleaners and rubber bands or something like a heads up on something cheap online...

Hamster Lewis said:
Art how about guest appearances by people not in the group because they don't come close to the cap but maybe they hve come up with something Hoboish to share? It might just be a cool way to use pipe cleaners and rubber bands or something like a heads up on something cheap online...

I think that's exactly the kind of thing we're looking for, HL! As a knowledgeable someone here I respect who's name escapes me at the moment said, those other sites have budget grow sections (I'm paraphrasing here) but well, we're waaay budgeter, brokerer and cleverer :hubba:. And I don't see why many of you tent growers can't qualify for Broke-n-Toke either :)

BOSTON BAKED BEAN said:
see if he only waited,,, he would have gotten exactly what he wanted.... kids todays lesson is about patience....
:yeahthat:

In all things. :aok:

A lot of new growers sure seem to lack it and usually resulting in HELP !!!! threads.:rolleyes:

Instant Gratification and growing don't seem to do well together.;)

DD

Yes Hamster, like the Popsicle sticks my husband cut the ends and made them very handy low stress training aids. Fun. Very HOBOISH.

I am liking this Art, thank you.

I have just sat and read all through this.

I have been here almost 3 years and seen many short fuses burn quickly with frustration.

All short fuses get the same cooling off period, some come back with a more accepting knowledge of how the forum is ran, some come back just to have one final roar before having their membership terminated.

I hope DD does not do the latter.

I have the highest respect for all Mods, I have witnessed many difficult situations they have been put in, sometimes a Mod needs to openly come down on a member to make the member realise that they are here simply as a guest, not a fixture that gives them a right to say things outlandish.

What we as 'Guests' do not realise is that what we read openly on the boards often has many PM's back and forth between the relevant Mod and member that we do not see, and I am quite sure that sometimes no holding back is given from both sides.

Sometimes the pot simmers, sometimes it boils over, but whatever happens, someone has to grab the hot handle and take it off the heat.

:peace:

I am a first time grower and plan on saying leave me alone concerning lights (just a disclaimer), so don't do it!

With 3 years of saving seeds and 2 years of research, I plan on SCROGing to completion with the following:

So far:
2 bags of top soil: $5
2 fluorescent 40W plant tubes: $13
MG 30-10-10: $5
Molasses: $3
3 five gallon/2 one gallon pots: free
8 spouted seeds: free
Sams 15-30-15: free
C&F thermo/relative humidity meter: free
2 duo fluorescent tube holders: free
6 general purpose tubes: free
Tall ocillating fan: free
Window fan: free
Heater: free
AC unit: free
2 CFLs: free
and incense to burn in the last 3 weeks: also free

Not everything listed is being or will be used.

Planned items: red worms, Fish emultions, kelp extracts, humates, worm leachate, rooting hormone for cloning, 4 more plant light tubes, 1 more tube holder, and a partridge and a pear tree.

I'm not looking for MMJ, I'd settle for just clippings if that all these lights provide. Water cure them and smoke em' up.

MT, I really don't imagine the answers changing much and I apologize that they're not what you want to hear....good luck, my friend!

Incense won't likely cover the smell enough if you get to that point, you might want to re-think that part as well....

Roddy said:
MT, I really don't imagine the answers changing much and I apologize that they're not what you want to hear....good luck, my friend!

Incense won't likely cover the smell enough if you get to that point, you might want to re-think that part as well....

Quit stalking me Roddy. I abandoned my thread and came here to get away from you all. Geeze! Harping little trolles!

MT, It's not trolling when ppl are giving you answer even wheh they are not the answer you want. Suck it up and except the truth.

MedicalTomatoes said:
Quit stalking me Roddy. I abandoned my thread and came here to get away from you all. Geeze! Harping little trolles!

MT, that comment was given with sincerity, I am sorry the answers you heard were not what you wished for, I am wishing you luck and I am telling you to re-think the incense.

The funny thing, you came to ME in im saying you felt I knew what the little people needed for growing....and now call me a troll for trying to help. Sad, but true!

I'll not bother you again in ANY thread again, please don't fear returning to your own thread....and don't hate the truth, my friend!

Even going as far as taking back positive rep, the info turned bad since the time you realized I wasn't giving the answer you needed?

Med, red worms like to eat newspapers. Nice wet newspapers.

Good luck to you.

MedicalTomatoes said:

Haha. More like embarrassed to keep it going.

Common people!! I never disliked the truth. I'll admit the truth to the top of the world! MH is best for veging and HPS is best for flowering, I never said anything contrary to that. I just said to quit keeping the lights topic going, i'm trying to move past it. It's not that I didn't like the advice, I thanked them for the advice and moved on, they didn't. Then when I come here to get away from the constant harrassment, they follow me to a thread that has been quite inactive; this is harrassment and I'm really getting pissed off. I haven't taken back any +rep but whoever continues to harrass me is gonna get reported to the mods. I came to MP because it seemed like a good place to relax but obviously I was misled. If someone takes your advice then fine; if you think they don't, just move on!

Latest posts

Back