Is seeds bad ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel

rebel
Reaction score
I put 4 nirvana WW in a glass of water, 1 fem Dinafem Seeds White Widow and 2 unknown.
As soon as i dropped em in the water,all sunk but 1 Nirvana WW.
Soaked em overnight and transfered them to cups of soil. In 2 days 3 Nirvanas popped up. 1 unknown and the Dinafem WW is starting to pop up.
I gently uncovered the Nirvana that wouldnt sink and the 1 unknown strain that did sink but never came up. Both arent even sprouted,so i returned them to a glass of water and they both are sunk.
Good or bad ??

why return to water?...let them Biatches grow man

:48:

4U2, the 2 i returned to water never even sprouted, thus the reason i returned to water to see if they would sink. im betting they are bad,even though they are sunk now.
They will be returned to the cups to see if they come up or paper towel so i can monitor them.
Curiousity i guess ! As so many say if they dont sink,they are bad.
The ones that popped Are growing !!

I am sorry if I told you this before, but please go read Mandalaseeds.com on germinating seeds. Thank you. I need to put this in my sig line, i say it every day. ha

Rose,if i remember Mandala recommends direct to soil ? Yes, ive done direct to soil, the paper towel method and my 1st with a glass of water.
All 3 work, now ive done the glass of water presoak, my curiousity is fulfilled.
Cheers !

The water soak til thee seeds sink was one of old time growers' methods of germinating old seeds. It is a way I have used for yrs. IMO by soaking the seed til it sinks is just making it easy on the seed to asorb water for quicker germination

Or absorb water and turn the insides to mush?

It's a fine line that's why I watch and as soon as the seed sinks I place it in moist soil.

I wait for their white tails to poke out typically then into the seed starter mix.

believe it or not, the Nirvana that wouldnt sink at 1st and the same one i removed early today from the soil and put back in the water has cracked.
So back in the soil she goes.
Makes 4 of 4 with the Nivarna WW.
Leaves the 1 bagseed to go.

The more you handle the seed once it has popped, the more chances you have to transfer pathogens to it and/or damage the root. The only time I would soak a seed is if it was old. Fresh seeds should have not trouble at all germinating in soil or a starting plug. I am curious why you are taking a chance with a bagseed when you have some good genetics?

ive growed a lot of bagseed THG, as well as most in my area never order seed. only had a couple hermies over the yrs. It wont matter since im not breeding, just smoking. Had those 2, so thought id do them also.
If it does the job, we usually dont care about names and etc..
Also expermenting since im not an indoor grower but have grown OD's for quite a while now.

Latest posts

Back