Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1680474452858.jpg

Something was at 1.3 and she said that was low. Ultrasound scan said I had nodules, but nothing to worry about. She said she'd get back with me on the blood test and wants to do another ultrasound in six months. Said something about doing a biopsy on 'em if they were bigger. I think they're trying to do an autopsy on me while I'm still alive. Either that, or they want to milk Blue Cross for all they can.
Mine was high. One T level, just over normal. I hadn't slept in a week and was losing 3lbs a day no matter what I ate. Had no appetite. Constantly had that adrenaline rush feeling.
Very uncomfortable.

They tested it, trying to find out if the whole thing was diseased (graves disease), or if it was nodular. With nodular they would have used radiation, low dose, which magically goes right to the nodular hot spots. Ideally they cook it just right, other wise you will take that synthetic, synthroid or something like that.

Turned out it wasn't diseased after all but a little hyperactive. They gave me a beta blocker which has two effects. First it blocks the adrenaline sites so those symptoms stop.

Secondly it somehow signals the hypothalamus (which sort of continually tastes blood for proper hormone content) to turn off the frigging adrenaline. After awhile it was done and they thinned me off the meds.

Not sure how that works with low levels. Symptoms lethargy weight gain, the opposite of my problem. They will probably do ultrasound every so often to monitor the nodes.

All the best wishes,

Bubba

Last edited:
Ain't that the truth??!!! I know there are parts of the south that issue tags, but in central fl, which has become populated by god-knows-what feelgood homogenized population who know nothing about the real Florida, we are now at the mercy of alligators--can you believe it?
Tags never entered my mind. But my neighbor had a gator in his little pond that ate all his duckies and had decimated the larger fish (they were tame to us).

This is the beastie.
1680513903673.jpeg

Tooken a pic of him at my pacifist-neighbor's request. Then I went and got my crossbow out. (Also at his request.) The gator slithered into the pond before I got back, and wuz lookin' at me as I eased up to about 30 feet away.

That distance is nothing with a crossbow. I put the arrow in his eye. He did a mighty thrash, and shot to the middle of the pond. Last thing we saw was the end of his tail sticking out, sorta hovering about 8" above the water just vibrating.

I never got the meat. He died on the bottom.

LATE EDIT: I never got my arrow back. It is prolly stuck through his skull on the bottom. The arrows float, normally.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back