Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
41F @ 91% RH, rain with 14 mph winds and a daytime high of 47F rat cheer in River City.

Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort, I finished the duplex bathroom and the carpet cleaners are due today, which is the last step before turnover, so we are exactly on schedule.

!@#$%^&*() one of my tenants has been using a corrosive drain cleaner and destroyed everything including the sink basket, the pea trap, and the black iron run to the basement. I replaced the horizontal run in the basement last month where the acid had eaten through, only to have it start to leak under the sink. I bought a new stainless sink basket and will replace the rest of the run with plastic that is impervious to both strong bases like Draino and strong acids like sulfuric, aka Oil of Vitriol found in over the counter drain cleaners. The iron pipe will withstand the strongly base NaOH, but neither the iron or brass will stand up to the acid.

Morning all! Happy New Years Eve. Cutting and hanging another plant today.....3rd in 3days.

@ GW...I am glad that is you dealing with tennant problems and not me! Sold my condos and cabin, now only have to worry about the place I live Just got to be to much work for me. The word tennant makes me break out in hives. Took the net proceeds and bought gold.....a lot less maintenance.

Sun just made its appearence, looks like a nice start to a winter day. Will try and get some sun on my face if the clouds don't steal it.

I better get my duties of the day done...daughter and SIL coming over tonight for some New Year welcoming...good riddance 2020!!!!!!!

Freaking ice and snow here in Indiana. Cant wait to get my Southern Redneck ass back to Texas. Should be done here and headed home Tuesday of next week. Supposed to get my CO Monday. Yehaaaaaaa
20201231_071722.jpg
20201231_071726.jpg

back in the day I would

short story....
I worked on the 77 story hospital oral roberts city of faith Tulsa pouring and finishing concrete

D60190EB-4985-4BFD-A12D-23C2DE252EF7.jpeg

AA200995-EB9F-4A19-B998-56F8C6C3DF37.jpeg

on the days we were not pouring concrete we were riding a swinging scaffold off the sides of those concrete walls rubbing and patching any holes

one day we are up about 47 stories and it’s a windy day and a huge blast of wind created some kind of vortex and started whipping us around and blowing us away from the building 5-10 feet

as soon as the wind stopped blowing I got off the scaffold , grabbed my bucket of tools and quit before I became aStatistic

F61D591F-7B7A-474E-9127-B232D16CE61E.jpeg

Those Spyders can be spooky. I was on a four story when one side decided to stop while the other side kept on truckin'. Held on for dear life on the high side and luckly they hadn't glazed the window frames yet. Climbed through an opening and chucked my tools in the gangbox. Boss asked if I was quitting. I told him I would be back in the morning, but for the rest of the afternoon, I was heading for the nearest bar.

Those Spyders can be spooky. I was on a four story when one side decided to stop while the other side kept on truckin'. Held on for dear life on the high side and luckly they hadn't glazed the window frames yet. Climbed through an opening and chucked my tools in the gangbox. Boss asked if I was quitting. I told him I would be back in the morning, but for the rest of the afternoon, I was heading for the nearest bar.

yeah , I hate it when that happens , ask me how I know..

at the morning safety meetings the foreman’s told the workers that the cement finishers would be working on the west side of the building hanging from scaffolds six floors beneath the top floor

that gave the carpenters and iron workers a heads up to NOT work on the west side until we were done

well some dummy iron worker was doing something on the west side and dropped a spud wrench

the damn spud wrench practically penetrated the aluminum scaffolding that a couple of the finishers were on

a very heated argument ensued and all us finishers refused to work until we had some concessions about safety so we stood around and drank coffee for a couple hours until all the yelling stopped

1116EF50-C13A-43A6-BC21-ACC15BD7E035.jpeg

Latest posts

Back