Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our old Executive Director required that to be on hand. Green bottle right? Speaking of the N.E., Schaffers?
I had done some work in Stony Brook campuses and have gone into the drop ceiling and have found dozens of beer can with the original pop tops schmidts ,Shaffer . When I was young coors was hard to get in the east and it became a big deal then .
We have over 50 craft brewer's on Long Island

Slight drizzle. My wild peacocks, (Fancy Pants and Beau) are in my garage. I leave the door open so the wildies don't get all wet. One day we had a peacock and a possum waiting out the rain.

O frabjous day! My skinny, five-foot tall peach tree has 7 purty purply-pink blooms onnit for the first time ever.

Last time I tried to grow a peach tree was about ten years ago. I got ONE peach . It was about the size of a nickel. Had a pit no bigger that a pea. I tooken a pic. Lemme see if I can find it. (Squirrels got the rest.) This is not a fake distance photo thing. Nickel size.

Jeez Took 20 minnits to find...
1647116786350.jpeg

Fking dryer quiet getting hot so my Wife was not a happy camper. Got the model number for the damn switch. Over 200 dollars😳
Fk that shit. Took the switch off and took it apart and cleaned all the points of contact inside. Put the bastard back together and dryer is now working. Yehaaaaaaaaaaa🤠😁

Smoked brisket for dinner. Then off to catch some crappie.
Last time I tried to grow a peach tree was about ten years ago. I got ONE peach . It was about the size of a nickel. Had a pit no bigger that a pea. I tooken a pic. Lemme see if I can find it. (Squirrels got the rest.) This is not a fake distance photo thing. Nickel size.

Jeez Took 20 minnits to find... View attachment 290329
very cool ! When my niece had her communion I bought a apple tree that had five strains they grafted into one tree. She is 24 now and the tree is over 10 feet tall and the deer just love the variety ...

I was growing peaches up too last year and the thing got so loaded down it broke some big ass branches. Red Skin peaches are awesome. I trimmed it way back and I think the fker bit the dirt. Peaches are a pain in the ass to grow and are horrible about bugs.

I've got a bar room buddy that drinks that stuff on tap. He was drinking one he said was a IPA or something like that. I got a little taste tester glass of it. Had to go home and lick the dogs butt just to get the taste outta my mouth.
The first time I tasted an IPA, Bells Two hearted ale, I described as tasting like sour dish sponge. As I delved deeper into craft brews I finally developed the tase\te for them and they became my favorite. Towards the end of my drinking career, I started liking pale ales and stouts.

Bubba

Fking dryer quiet getting hot so my Wife was not a happy camper. Got the model number for the damn switch. Over 200 dollars😳
Fk that shit. Took the switch off and took it apart and cleaned all the points of contact inside. Put the bastard back together and dryer is now working. Yehaaaaaaaaaaa🤠😁

they sure don’t make appliances like they used to

fridges , washers , dryers , only seem to last 5 years if yer lucky…seems that way

but yeah , I’ve seen some old Frigidaires still going after 50 years

same with old Maytags

i think they were all made in america by our moms and dads

E936BD51-52FA-4C74-A7DE-678DAF1F1755.jpeg

AE80087D-7D4A-4A7A-9AED-9157E7B6BBD1.jpeg

The first time I tasted
I've got a bar room buddy that drinks that stuff on tap. He was drinking one he said was a IPA or something like that. I got a little taste tester glass of it. Had to go home and lick the dogs butt just to get the taste outta my mouth.
Speaking of beer in 1978 I worked for a electrical contractor who had a customer named Hans Holterbosch, the first importer of Lowenbrau beer. His main house was 76 rooms his quest house was 80. He had over 50 cars in various garages and 1 full time mechanic . His caretakers house was 4500 sq ft. Some where in life there is a picture of me squeezed into one of his cars ( a Ferrari ) He had over 20k of different fuels in the ground . He lived in Cove Neck where Avianca plane 52 came down ..

Latest posts

Back