Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tsk tsk....you can take the weed boys out the ghetto...but can't get the ghetto out the weed boys
https://mjbizdaily.com/cannabis-com...suits-alleging-kickbacks-personal-enrichment/
Screenshot_20230427-104711.png

Yes I’m sure money could be made on it but I’m not in a position to do that now… heck I would like to keep my brand new Michelin tires tho at least…
I got a truck totaled by the biggest farm tractor that I'd ever seen. The insurance company made me a nice offer and told me to keep it. I cashed the check, found a replacement truck, and proceeded to sell the engine, tranny, radiator, basically anything that would unbolt. We're talking heater core, blower motor, wiper motor, alternator, battery, etc. The engine and tranny were sold to a guy that took 'em out himself. Adding up all the money I got from the parts, I'd made more than I got paid by the insurance for, and still made a C note from scrapping what was left.
See if'n they'll toss it in with the settlement and at least take your tires and sell the rest to a scrapper. Maybe advertise the engine and tranny on Craig's list or FB and let 'em know they've got to remove and haul it.

Merry Thirstday brothers and sisters! Hugz all around!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

The third gorgeous day in a row, starting at 54F and predicted to reach 76F, with tomorrow reaching 84F. At 200% snowpack in the mountains, the waterways should get interesting.

Grayfox continues to improve following her knee replacement and scheduled her first luncheon out with the girls today, with a friend driving. She is also joining us in the dog park this morning and has been sharing one of our morning dog walks of about four blocks.

My webmaster rescheduled to drop by this afternoon and work on our computers and the GWL site. Hoping that works out as I am low on RAM, as well as unable to open Auto Cad, besides my GWL ongoing woes. I picked up another 32GB memory and if we continue to flounder with Oracle for my 32 bit Auto Cad program, will look at Longbow.
Good morning 🤗 back at you Graywolf. 74 and Cloudy right now.

It makes me happy to see you and Grayfox are so active and enjoy one another in your journey in life. I'll be out and about in a little while.

Good luck with your delivery today GW at our age we have learn not to hole our breath. :32110marijuana:

Good morning friends. Partly cloudy day here. Mr Subbie is volunteering at the fun run at school today so it’s me and my bag of girlcrush doing a solo this morning.
‘Got a call from the folks doing the estimate on my truck repairs after the tree fell on it. She told me that its probably going to be totaled as they found lots of damage to the electronics, frame wiring harnesses and something that she still has to check on this morning that requires removing the motor and trans so I’m expecting a call from the insurance company today telling me that they can’t fix it. So I spent some time last night online shopping for something new or at least new to me. My truck (4Runner limited with all the bells and whistles) was a 2016 in very clean condition inside and out. It only has 50,000 miles too which is much lower than most vehicles I find online for sale and I don’t want to do a higher mileage vehicle so I’m sure I’m gonna have to come up with another 10G at least to buy something newer with less mileage than mine. I have no idea how much they will give me for the totaled price. So I guess I’ll be shopping a bit more this morning in hopes in finding something affordable.
hope everyone has a beautiful day and those healing feel less pain today 💕
Look up your truck's value on Kelly Blue Book to get an idea before they try to screw you..

In Texas night before last.

View attachment 326255
Growing up in Oklahoma, I've helped patch or replace more than one roof after hail that size. One year during a tornado, one was big enough to go through the sheet metal roof of a local building. Lots of damage to unprotected cars and fortunately ours was under the carport, which required a new roof afterwards. We get hail and graupel here in Rivercity, but I've never seen one larger than about a marble.

Gooode morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A gorgeous bright sunshiny day here, starting at 56F and predicted to reach 85F.

Wahoo, wahoo, my webmaster made it by and installed my 32GB RAM cards, but alas wasn't able to resolve my Auto Cad issues in the time he allotted, so will try to do that on Team Viewer tomorrow. It blows me away that Windows 11 takes almost 8GB just to run on my computer and my webmaster tells me it is because of all the programs it has running and internet links it adds.

Grayfox continues to improve and joined us in our morning romp in the dog park and because it was a double gaugus morning, multiple playmates showed up and Miss Layla got a good romp in. She is an equal opportunity player and romped with buddies ranging from a 170lb Wolfhound to young pups and is never intimidated by snarling and growling from the big dogs, nor does she bully the pups.

Grayfox also got to socialize with all the owners, which she has been missing while convalescing from her knee surgery. Her limp is minimally noticeable now and she can bend her knee 125 degrees.

I've been stretching my back using a borrowed inversion table, but too soon to tell if it will make any long term difference. I have the table for a couple weeks and will pick one up of my own if it works.

Breakfast out with a friend at the Cadilliac Cafe this morning, but nothing else scheduled, and a double gorgeous day, so open to opportunities...........

Latest posts

Back