Just curious?

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timmyjg6 said:
Lets see graduated High school at 17 in 05 went to college thats where i am still at. Took 6 months off for a motorcycle accident. Already got a certificate in Computer Engineering or something like that. Going for architecture. ill be done in lets say 5 years.... LOL but i am only 20.
you're a motivated whipper-snapper aint ya? ahhhh, when i was young...wasn't motivated then either!

Well had a child when i was 17 so it kinda snapped me to reality. Bin making really good money ever since. I make moor money without a degree than my parents with degrees...

something i've learned is education doesn't = money. my Dad dropped out in the 8th grade but has a good work ethics and good buisness sense. now he owns his own grading company. his childhood house didn't even have running water toilets untill i was 15. my grandmother cooked on a wood burning stove untill i was 20. education is a good thing to have but it doesn't make you smart.

no matter where i go in life i know we are all equal no matter what we have or don't have.

Graduated in '88 with an Honors Diploma. Went into the army for a few years. Came back out and went to college for a year and got my lady pregnant..... Had to leave school to support the kid and all... been married to her for 17 years now. She is as interested in growing as I am. heh.

Yes Cornellius it is possible here. Most prgrams are 4 years but if you already have a degree chances are you only need 2 more years per degree meaning I already took all the electives in my other college years. All you need is money and to be excepted and some schools do look at criminal history...yikes!!!

Also vet school over here is harder than med school or so I hear...not many get accepted, and I feel for you, you should have een able to pursue what you want to not what your family wants...I wanted to go to art school and mom was all for it but my grandpaerants who were helping with finances said now way and to this day I wish I could go to art school sigh.

Well I graduated high school in 2007 with an advanced diploma and now I go to a university and am on year 2 of a 6 year degree. I've been to juvi, been suspended multiple times, lots of speeding tickets, got caught selling a while back, made some really dumb decisions but i never let school slide because people have this misconception that stoners are worthless and unintelligent so I felt I had to prove that wasnt true.

GreenThumbBlackFinger said:
i never let school slide because people have this misconception that stoners are worthless and unintelligent so I felt I had to prove that wasnt true.

Sad but true.

Little do they know and understand, all you need to do is browse this forum to see all are perfectly coherent free thinking normal joe bloggs down the street, the days of tar and feather died out a long time ago.

And my educated arse misspelling everything LOL. It is true though the whole dumb stoner thing, LOL I used to love to drink and let me tell you I sounded and acted really smart....NOT:eek:

The whole MJ stigma in general is just so silly, it's bad for you that's for sure though...look what happens if you get caught for loving a plant!!!!Jimmy Carter where are you help us? (inside joke for the US peeps Jimmy could have changed our world LOL).

Puffin Afatty said:
:doh: stoners going to jail???? never heard of such a thing :confused:

:rolleyes: 75 percent of the inmates in prison are there for drug and/or alcohol related issues.:eek:
Thats a huge number of people but let me tell you youd be really suprised to see that the specific number of actual MJ related convictions is much lower than say crack or coke.

Hippy, i feel for you mang i really do thats one reason i didnt want kids when i was young is i figured they would be stuck in places like that. Now on the hand that says hey ive been Dad for 10+ years and have another on the way i realize i am here for them where that was majority of what was missing when i was small ;)

I was expelled in the first quarter of my junior year for graffitti, fighting, and throwing the biggest ditching party in ten years...So a year later I got my G.E.D. and became Operations Supervisor for the largest distributor in the west coast. We all do dumb stuff when we are young, but its like this it doesn't matter how many times you fall it's how many times you get back up that counts.

Graduated high school, had some vocational college.Did'nt finish it but I am using it to this day, plus I run a small side business.
No Priors, but some close calls...

Gb

haha high scholl good times mann i miss all them chicks, i got kicked out first day from being back from Out school suspension. they didnt appreciate us pot smokin dopers as they called them, then since i have adhd they had to let me back to main campus got searched my first day back treated me like a criminal all they found was a drawing of pot leafs haha.... ged is still in the process no hurry...
edit: im in my early 20s whys that matter bro...snuggles ive been dealing with other things freinds dieing from overdoses, been clean for about 1 year other then slippin up once or twice, but hey im only human i dont say im perfect. and the place i went to get me ged had more dope dealers then normal high skool

toke@smoke420 said:
haha high scholl good times mann i miss all them chicks, i got kicked out first day from being back from Out school suspension. they didnt appreciate us pot smokin dopers as they called them, then since i have adhd they had to let me back to main campus got searched my first day back treated me like a criminal all they found was a drawing of pot leafs haha.... ged is still in the process no hurry...

:holysheep: How old are you?

Bloody hell, here I am thinking I'm fighting the cause, being a rebel, all that junk (as you do when your in ya teens), and REALLY, It turns out I'm just a goodie goodie :)

Got my 10 Gcses, went on to do my A levels, and got 3 A's in Economics, Art, and Computing (its a range, i know), and now im off to Uni studying Commercial Art and Advertising...

And they say that Green makes us STUPID?

Screeew that. I got the papers to prove em WRONG.

And thats what I said to the policeman who decided to lecture me on how weed ruins lives.

I told him where it stood, that I, like most people I know, will NOT fall for that ridiculous propaganada, and I WILL CONTINUE to smoke, what I love. And when you strive to success, and IM ACHIEVING, then what does that say about my beloved MJ? Needless to say, that shut him up mid rant.

Oooops, off topic... how i rant on.
:)

toke@smoke420 said:

Just make sure you get the last laugh, worry about the GED ASAP. Not trying to lecture just want to see you get it done so you do get the last laugh...you owe it to them and to yourself. Once again I mean this in a nice way:D

Well I graduated High school in 2005 with an Honors diploma...Planned on taking a year or two off before college, and yet i'm still sitting around partying, now i'm thinking about Military, coast guard specifically...maybe air force...I've never had any experiences with police or courts, once in school for truency...but other than a speeding ticket i've slipped by(knock on wood)...I actually was really thinking about studying botany after graduating and still would like too, but the lack of resources for me just don't help things...

There are alot of sad,cool,touching....and more kind of stories. I was touch by alot of them.Most of us started out sorta the same....left home way to early...lived places we didnt belong or didnt want to be there.And we didnt want to be like any of the adult we knew in our life and made something of ourselves because of them and the way we were treated in orphanages foster homes.......I was raised by 2 drug addicts/drunks.At the age of 11 I ran away cuz of the things my dad did. in and out of foster homes.I had a child I wasnt ready for at 19(got ready but was very hard).Was beaten by my ex husband once to many times and left when my little girl was 1 week old.........(long time later) At the age of 30 and 2 more kids I got my high school diploma,not GED.I made up the credits I was lacking to finish high school.Then I went on to college and got a degree in Soc. work....I became disabled to the point I cant work....I hate it to.Not enough money from S.S ......the rest is.......

have a great day

tcooper1 said:
There are alot of sad,cool,touching....and more kind of stories. I was touch by alot of them.Most of us started out sorta the same....left home way to early...lived places we didnt belong or didnt want to be there.And we didnt want to be like any of the adult we knew in our life and made something of ourselves because of them and the way we were treated in orphanages foster homes.......I was raised by 2 drug addicts/drunks.At the age of 11 I ran away cuz of the things my dad did. in and out of foster homes.I had a child I wasnt ready for at 19(got ready but was very hard).Was beaten by my ex husband once to many times and left when my little girl was 1 week old.........(long time later) At the age of 30 and 1 more kid I got my high school diploma,not GED.I made up the credits I was lacking to finish high school.Then I went on to college and got a degree in Soc. work....I became disabled to the point I cant work....I hate it to.Not enough money from S.S ......the rest is.......

have a great day

Sorry to hear, but you must have a huge amount of character. You're right many of the posters stories are tough to say the least, I feel totally spoiled, didn't know my pops well but I had 3 more parents, mom, gpop and gmom, and it was great for me, I had much love and attention, hence my naivete. There is always a bright side I truly believe this. I feel for you tcooper I'm sure you are a fighter and a survivor and that is half the battle. Negative things can build character and wisdom if you let it, I'm still learning this BTW, and let me tell you there are many people on here I admire for that many...and then there are just plain old characters LOL.

What I love, is that, with our different lives, with our pasts and our futures, with those priveledged, and those unfortunate, varying as we are, one thing unites us.

Our love for one little plant, and our love for standing up for what we believe in.

And thats something that we will NEVER be able to teach in a classroom.

Sebstarr said:
What I love, is that, with our different lives, with our pasts and our futures, with those priveledged, and those unfortunate, varying as we are, one thing unites us.

Our love for one little plant, and our love for standing up for what we believe in.

And thats something that we will NEVER be able to teach in a classroom.

Or take away from us....you're right you are a smart dude. Lots of pride here.

Latest posts

Back