K2 Started on 12/31

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
moneyme said:
The buds are getting just too heavy. I have it tied up all over the place holding it up. And I had a 20" box fan on it constantly since it sprouted trying to build stem strength. Well my ole lady is really getting on my back to get her out of there. I don't know if it's the smell or if she's jealous I spend more time with my closet girl. jk No but seriously I see harvest coming real soon. The smell is just too outrageous for my apartment. It's real hard to use the microscope on the trichomes cuz my hand isn't so steady but their getting there real fast.

The preharvest sample I picked a few days ago is getting better everyday as far as taste and potency, but the smell is getting worse. I hung it in a dry dark cupboard until the stem was dry enough to snap, then put it in a jar for 1 1/2 days so far and the smell is just getting really wierd. It doesn't smell like it did on the plant, just when I break it up it smells real good. Did I do something wrong curing it because everytime I grow it gets that wierd smell.
The longer you cure the buds the better the smell will get. ;)

Well it looks like tomorrow morning might be judgement day. The trichomes are cloudy with a few amber colored ones lingering around. This is one fast flowering strain I must say. I know I could wait another week but I'm going out of town for the weekend and I would rather not leave her there unattended. As of lately she's needed special attention everyday between falling over every direction, watering, plus I won't be there to open and close the closet doors. If the doors aren't opened during the lights-on time the temp will get to 90. Another factor is that I am looking to get a good mix of both a body and head high from her. Here are some pics from yesterday morning.

DSCN2400.jpg

DSCN2401.jpg

DSCN2402.jpg

DSCN2403.jpg

DSCN2404.jpg

DSCN2405.jpg

You know what, disregard that last post. After looking at these pictures I can see her more clearly than under that HPS. There are just too many white hairs left. She's gotta have another week in her. I would hate to put all this time and effort into her to waste it at the end. I'll just prepare her the best I can for 3 days unattended. Don't mind me, I just smoked a fat bowl of nugz to the head! :ccc:

Well she survived the weekend of being unattended. The soil was very dry but that's to be expected. The buds are getting very plump, the calyxes are swelled out nicely, the trichomes are all cloudy, and the hairs are about 60-70% orange. The smell is completely different in the closet than it was 2 weeks ago. Personally I liked how it used to smell better but hey what can you do. I'm so glad I didn't harvest her last Friday. It won't be today but the time is coming. Here's some more pictures:

DSCN2406.jpg

DSCN2407.jpg

DSCN2408.jpg

DSCN2410.jpg

That plant looks really good Moneyme. Really nice job on the grow. Can't wait to hear the smoke report! :aok:

Well, actually I topped it once when it got to it's 4th set of leaves. Then I let it grow for about two weeks until it was around 15 inches. Then I tied the two tops to the side to let the next two tallest ones catch up. Once they were all four the same height they just continued to grow like that. 1st time I ever did that but it worked like a charm.

yea i topped 3 of my plants like this...and they all now have 4 tops some have 6...topping is crazy...

man ur plants r lookin great...i hope mine become as good as urs...haha..keep it up...

Thanks, I'm about to go harvest the top half right now. I'll post some pics later.

Well that was fun. I just harvested the four tops and hung them in the closet to dry. They are HEAVY!! The 1st pic is pretty self-explanitory, the 2nd pic is a close up of one of the tops, the 3rd pic is the bush that's still left growing. I raised the pot closer to the light to get all those lumens they have been missing out on.

DSCN2429.jpg

DSCN2430.jpg

DSCN2431.jpg

Nice work money! So cutting the tops like that doesn´t affect the lower buds from developing or stress the plant out or anything....hmmm...nice! How much longer do you think those lower buds got until they´re done? Excellent Grow!

No, from my previous grows I've learned it helps by the light concentrating on these buds instead of the top ones. Now they're receiving many more lumens of light than before which will help them plump out. I'll probably let the bottom half grow another week. Thanks for the compliment.

Very nice grow and report! I do the same thing I chop the first half then about a week later the bottom half! Again nice work,,,,55

moneyme said:
Well that was fun. I just harvested the four tops and hung them in the closet to dry. They are HEAVY!! The 1st pic is pretty self-explanitory, the 2nd pic is a close up of one of the tops, the 3rd pic is the bush that's still left growing. I raised the pot closer to the light to get all those lumens they have been missing out on.

Wow...great grow Moneyme. I can't wait to see what that bush does now.

Well, the tops that were drying in the closet are about 85% dry. Almost ready to go in the mason jars. The bottom of the plant was harvested this morning. The buds got a little bigger since the tops were harvested but not much. It ended up filling up 3 hangers full of buds. I am going to give an estimate of 2 ounces for the whole plant (dried, cured, and manicured). But we'll have to see in about a week and a half. Heres some crappy pics I got right when I hung the buds to dry. Now they'll be in the dark closet for a few days.

DSCN2444.jpg

DSCN2445.jpg

DSCN2446.jpg

Nice grow Moneyme. Make sure to give us some nice pictures of those buds. 2 oz from one plant is pretty damn good if you ask me. How long before you start another one?

Those nuggiz gonna look fine good once they are manicured and done. Hell, they look good now. It'sbasically like taking angelina jolie from a sweater to a bikini.:eek:

theyorker said:
Nice grow Moneyme. Make sure to give us some nice pictures of those buds. 2 oz from one plant is pretty damn good if you ask me. How long before you start another one?

Thanks. This grow had me pretty paranoid, doing it in my little apartment and all. Plus I have kids that are getting old enough where they could start to figure out what's stinking up the whole house. So I'm not planning on growing again for about a year. In a year I will be buying a house and then I can set up a little room in the basement. I'll post some pics of the buds in like 2 days, but until then....:tokie:

Latest posts

Back