Loolagigi's first grow journal, 400 hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DirtySouth said:
Cheaper/closer=better results
are those regular floros? you just use them for veg? what about the 5 gal res i posted earlier? do i need to make it now?

Everything should be nice n moist now.You want to wait until top of rockwool is on the dry side.Your roots are small,not needing much.Maby in 2 dayz? depending on temp/moister.I sugest keepin a "slight" breeze inorder to strengthen ur stem.Increase wind velocity as stem thickins.Air movement is a powdery mold inhibiter.No airmovement=powdery mold,no good.Wait and make the solution until your first dip.
Sotty can't give an exact time to water.Get a "feel" for the weight oc the container.What I did to "train" myself to water("dip")in this mannor is took duplicated a pot (w/ the hydroton & cubes,only dry)DRY-and just went by the weight diffrence.Gotta get the "feel" for urself.ITS NOT HARD.You've done everything right on the button,I know u'll get the watering down.

DirtySouth said:
Everything should be nice n moist now.You want to wait until top of rockwool is on the dry side.Your roots are small,not needing much.Maby in 2 dayz? depending on temp/moister.I sugest keepin a "slight" breeze inorder to strengthen ur stem.Increase wind velocity as stem thickins.Air movement is a powdery mold inhibiter.No airmovement=powdery mold,no good.Wait and make the solution until your first dip.
Sotty can't give an exact time to water.Get a "feel" for the weight oc the container.What I did to "train" myself to water("dip")in this mannor is took duplicated a pot (w/ the hydroton & cubes,only dry)DRY-and just went by the weight diffrence.Gotta get the "feel" for urself.ITS NOT HARD.You've done everything right on the button,I know u'll get the watering down.
thanks dirty, i couldnt do it withought cha. i have feared this point, (where you say, "just wait") because, i am nervouse about growing now, due to past 2 tries. it seems as if my other seeds are not going to sprout. so as of now i only have 2 seedlings going. i will germ some more tonight. paper towel style. you rock dirty.:watchplant:

2 4' t8(sorry fucced up bout t5-their t8) daylight(32w)
5gal res is purfect.Make it when u need it,unless ur egar.In that case jump on in.
The res is gonna be made a lil diffrent,kinda.Add ur water(5g bucket IDK maby 3g?)and mark it (outside).This is your 'base"level.As you dip,the level will drop/thus bringing ur ppm up.Evaperation is the main factor here.So before you "dip" fill to level(remember once you add 1/2 the base/replace the entire res.)check ppm/set it.Not give it about 10 min.4 the ph to adjust(give it a good stir(if you have a water pump,lay on its side and leave on 24/7 w/ the airpump.This will keep your nutes good and airrated& mixxed up @ all times).Once you add up or down,wait 10 min 2 adjust.Make sense?
If you don't add water up to base level 9/10 xs ur ppm will be high.After you initially set up ur res.Ph down will mainly be used!

let say for kicks you start with a base of 3 gal.You set your home@ 150.keep track of how much water is added to acheive the base mark(ie in2 dayz 1 gal evaporated.Mark it on ur calender or put it on your journal I'll help u keep track.then in 2 more dayz another gal. evaporated,thats now over 1/2 your inital base water,time to change.)Make more sense?

ok, i dig this much about res so far....add filtered water to 5 gal res, about 3 gall. make a mark on water level indicator. check ppm, raise it, wait 10 min, check ph, adjust or leave alone. once i dip cubes in res, water level in res will decrease. kets hold it there, because after that i seem confused. do i have the basics?

DirtySouth said:
let say for kicks you start with a base of 3 gal.You set your home@ 150.keep track of how much water is added to acheive the base mark(ie in2 dayz 1 gal evaporated.Mark it on ur calender or put it on your journal I'll help u keep track.then in 2 more dayz another gal. evaporated,thats now over 1/2 your inital base water,time to change.)Make more sense?
yes it makes sense, just remind me because this is the first i am hearing anything like this. how about your new girlsenberries? got any pics?

do you folier spray during seedling stage, and with what?

yes you do.
You have no way to tell(big $ 4 the technology)how much of what nutes are left in your solution ready for your plant..So inorder to insure your solution is full of available nutrience for the plant,once you replace 1/2 the base water,empty/clean then make another.
I know some dayz you might need to add a smidgen of nutes inorder to stay @ your target ppm,but once again we have no way to tell how much of what is actually used and whats not.
I'll try a diffrent angle if that didn't shead the light 4 u,brother!

loolagigi said:
yes it makes sense, just remind me because this is the first i am hearing anything like this. how about your new girlsenberries? got any pics?
A couple GREAT guys embedded this formula in my head.I'm just tring to help you avoid lost time due to inadiquit situations.You can take what I advise and run wit it ,or toss it aside.My feelings are not on my sleeves.

Enter "Boysenberry +" into the search,you can follow mine as I follow urs!

dirty, buy the way, i have been meaning to ask, what type of hydro does this lay under?

DirtySouth said:
Dirties dro
i like it, :p heres my res, its cool i had an old dwc bucket, its got the res level indicator, and stones.....

journal 029.jpg

spray water temp75-85.
spray once a week-after watering(again in the tub 4 me)
*******same ph ppm is funny 150 res 150 folar(as res increases folar slightly increases)*******
*****86.3 ph 4 folar feed only*****88
Never folar spray in flower(increased poss. of mold)
I use Advanced Nutrience b-52 for folar and res.
Every1 has a diffrent technic,I'm not saing mines better,I'm sayin after fkn up much time and money this works for me.Very simple,lets you understand the basics.Way cheeper that ebb-n-flo(u think I'm steering u wrong ?)Basicly you'll learn what your plants tryin to say.The leaves can tell all,you just need to know what to look 4.

loolagigi said:
i like it, :p heres my res, its cool i had an old dwc bucket, its got the res level indicator, and stones.....

Bytchen I gotta bust out the good-ole wet/dry vac.My ebb-b-flo holds 30gal & my vac about 3,lol.
Once ur ready,I'll walk u through a cheap azz ebb-n-flo table.UR NOT READY<YET!But if you want to kill time(as u see, I got alot)we can knock 1 out on a small scale,then ur wheels will turn.

DirtySouth said:
spray water temp75-85.
spray once a week-after watering(again in the tub 4 me)
*******same ph ppm is funny 150 res 150 folar(as res increases folar slightly increases)*******
*****86.3 ph 4 folar feed only*****88
Never folar spray in flower(increased poss. of mold)
I use Advanced Nutrience b-52 for folar and res.
Every1 has a diffrent technic,I'm not saing mines better,I'm sayin after fkn up much time and money this works for me.Very simple,lets you understand the basics.Way cheeper that ebb-n-flo(u think I'm steering u wrong ?)Basicly you'll learn what your plants tryin to say.The leaves can tell all,you just need to know what to look 4.
tell me 86.3 ph is a typo.

loolagigi said:

Dwc,was it a sucess?

DirtySouth said:
Bytchen I gotta bust out the good-ole wet/dry vac.My ebb-b-flo holds 30gal & my vac about 3,lol.
Once ur ready,I'll walk u through a cheap azz ebb-n-flo table.UR NOT READY<YET!But if you want to kill time(as u see, I got alot)we can knock 1 out on a small scale,then ur wheels will turn.
sure, we will have to get to that at some point.

Latest posts

Back