Loolagigi's first grow journal, 400 hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
loolagigi said:
tell me 86.3 ph is a typo.

Damn,I try to read my posts 2 ensure that doesn't happen,lol
-80.See the ph range 4 folar feeding, IMHO, is same as soil,hench"are you ready"conflicting info,lol.6.0-7.0-depending on what your leaves are saying the prior week,B.S. I know.But I didn't make up the rulez.
IMHO,as long as you keep ur nutes fresh and consistant(very important),with the ph in the optimal range,Its like having the bases loaded with either "bash brother"(jose conseco,mark mcguire,lol)up to bat.Odds are your gonna knock it out the park.Lil of dirtys' guetto Co2, proper air movement,good temps,with a bit of humidity,the only thing holding you back areGENETICS.It's only limitation you have no controle,IMO,is the genetic timits of the strain.

dirty, when i "dip" plants i can just dip the whole pot and all right? and how long do you keep them in solution? also, how long do you let it runoff for?

Everything crystal clear?

crazy leafz 001.JPG

i also have a ppm question.....lets say i ise filtered water, and tap water.(because mt filtered water takes a while to filter.) and you take out your ppm pen, swirl it around, and it reads 100 ppm. and i want about 200 ppm. i understand i want to add nutes to raise it to desired 2oo ppm, but are those 100 that arent nutes impurities? are they bad? tell me something about that. lets say me water reads 200 right from the get...im not ganna add nutes, because ppm will rise...but whats the plant getting?

Yes the whole pot.15-30secs.bout 10-20min
Only pic I have,later I'll shoot the 7" clone-solid bud 2 weeks in.Heaviest pre-flowers ever!Nope only 1st run.Looked like auto flower@3' just flowered on its own.A smell like no other.
Guess Clones are batter 2,lol

DirtySouth said:
Yes the whole pot.15-30secs.bout 10-20min
Only pic I have,later I'll shoot the 7" clone-solid bud 2 weeks in.Heaviest pre-flowers ever!Nope only 1st run.Looked like auto flower@3' just flowered on its own.A smell like no other.
Guess Clones are batter 2,lol
crystal clear.

loolagigi said:
i also have a ppm question.....lets say i ise filtered water, and tap water.(because mt filtered water takes a while to filter.) and you take out your ppm pen, swirl it around, and it reads 100 ppm. and i want about 200 ppm. i understand i want to add nutes to raise it to desired 2oo ppm, but are those 100 that arent nutes impurities? are they bad? tell me something about that. lets say me water reads 200 right from the get...im not ganna add nutes, because ppm will rise...but whats the plant getting?
There you go.Tap water has every micro-macro mineral needed for young impressonable growth.Problem is it has pipe residue(copper/iron/depends on pipe),clorine(when using tap water u MUST let chlorine evaporate,like 24 hours-open top container.Better to airrate tat water 24 hours first,evap works IMO.It also tends to have farm nun-off, pesticide residue.Mt water?mountain water?If so bingo.Your hooked up.Find a close stream/lake/river,thatd be like pamela andersons tits-perfect,lol(if ur female or this is unwanted -tit comments-let me know and no more-but I love em)
If u have well water I recommend spending time waitin on the filtered water,IMHO well water is no good for consumption!
If your water is 150-200 from the gate-let the water stand(airrated is ideal)24 hours then only adjust the ph.

I gotta winner 4 ya!Gotta get me bro from work,I'll expl. later.Got pics as I just did,not sure if ready 4 transplant-we'll c.

DirtySouth said:
I gotta winner 4 ya!Gotta get me bro from work,I'll expl. later.Got pics as I just did,not sure if ready 4 transplant-we'll c.
lemme know

Everytime u use water,I recommend filtered or 24 hour evap.
Geta lil water in a cup,room temp.Add seeds,put in dark place(cuboard is good)4 12-24 hours.Removefrom dark place.Fold paper towel into 1/4.add beans-n-water.Nice in soaked but not drippin,got it.Plt towel into sandwich zip baggie.leave edge 2" each side unsealed.Seal middle.Get thick wash cloth.Fold in 1/4. put baggie,ziploc side out(2 breath,so to say)place on top of CPU(where the disks go)nice-n-warm.Gray area-NOT HOT @ ALL.cHECH BOTTOM OF BAGGIE,IF HOT ADD NOTHER WASHCLOTH LAYER.Check every 8 hrs(open baggie let breath for a min.& replace)
I sugest bettin a heating pad & timer-ideal 15 min on 15 min off.

DirtySouth said:
There you go.Tap water has every micro-macro mineral needed for young impressonable growth.Problem is it has pipe residue(copper/iron/depends on pipe),clorine(when using tap water u MUST let chlorine evaporate,like 24 hours-open top container.Better to airrate tat water 24 hours first,evap works IMO.It also tends to have farm nun-off, pesticide residue.Mt water?mountain water?If so bingo.Your hooked up.Find a close stream/lake/river,thatd be like pamela andersons tits-perfect,lol(if ur female or this is unwanted -tit comments-let me know and no more-but I love em)
If u have well water I recommend spending time waitin on the filtered water,IMHO well water is no good for consumption!
If your water is 150-200 from the gate-let the water stand(airrated is ideal)24 hours then only adjust the ph.
ok, last night i filled my res up with half filtered, half well water to the base level. ppm was 210. so 12 hours later, its still up there. i am going to dump out half of the water, and fill up to base with filtered. i tested weight of pots with the teqnique you told me witht he dry hydroton, and i think i will dip tonight for the first time.

DirtySouth said:
I have a natural spring by me with 110 ppms and it almost killled my plants when I used it. I would be very careful as to using lake/ stream water. You really don't know what is in there. At least tap water is for sure SAFE to consume by humans. I buy distilled, because my well water sucks.

i got my ppm down to 147, this way i can bump it up to 200 with flora nova. dirty, cant i let my runoff go into my res? i will be changing my res every feeding, due to its only 5 gall. also i had beans in water over night, they will go into paper towel, and zip bag now.

Yes run off in res.I dip mine 4 15 secs or so,Remove and hole over the res (kinda angle the pot so water comes out in 1 stream).I do this until the stream starts to flow spuraticly

dirty, i gatta question, right now i have ppmed, water getting oxigenated. temps in res are 74. i touch the water and its cold. wont this shock my babies when i dip them? whats a good temp?

my temp is 74.5.up 2 79 when I buy water from proc..This is a BlackWidow,it may be shocking to some,lol

b.w 001.JPG

b.w 002.JPG

almost 1.5 months from seed 15" topped 2x.When I cut em down-always egar 2 inspect roots.The roots in the cube are huge!takes up the hole frickin thing.I know some guys have crazy rules about res. temps.Every thing I'm tellin you is 100% exp.Trial and error type style.I spent a grip on tryn to do 2 much.K.I.S.S.Your gonna see the hydro basics,experiensing way better results way quicker than I did for I already broke my nose,so to speak.Questions are good,never think by my reply that I'm defering you from asking.It shows ur comprehending!
I NEVER could spell.Dirty-bonics

Latest posts

Back