Loolagigi's first grow journal, 400 hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The cubes work better IMO is you just submerge 4 a few secs,remove,squeez out the water,then place in water and release(soakin water back in)If you soak for a while(as recommended on package,the cube will be to mushy 1/2 way through." you meen make a res, with 150-6.5, and dip cubes for a few seconds, and then what?

right now i am soaking cubes...how long? and am cleaning rockwool in tub. lets go 1 step at a time, i think ill get confused.........do i have to soak cubes 24 hours? and once they are ready to be done soaking then what?

Do NOT soak cubes for long.Fuccs up the integrity of the cube(2 mushy)Dip 4 few secs. squeeze release.Remove from water squeeze put into water release,remove from water.Squeeze out excess.

DirtySouth said:
Do NOT soak cubes for long.Fuccs up the integrity of the cube(2 mushy)Dip 4 few secs. squeeze release.Remove from water squeeze put into water release,remove from water.Squeeze out excess.
ok, ill get them out. now what?

Was phucked up lastnight rer-read what we said.Your 5 gal bucket is good 4 a res. until the plants are bigger,sorry bout my confussion.
The hydroton you'll soak 4 a while.The red dust is boo-boo

plastic in cubes dont wanna stay on so i took them off.

put hydroton in cont and run HOT water over them until red dust is no more,gonna take a bit.After u done this to all cont.fill tub up "just below" rim of cont.,HOT water).Let soak 4- 1/2 hr or so.Now remove/replace multi. xs to help remove dust(pick up out the water then replace,multi xs).DRAIN TUB.NOW w/ COLD water re rinse all containers-Good.Until no red runoff.
Now u wanna soak up some 150 6.5 solution into ur clay ballz.Mix nutes,set ph,add hydroton,I use the totes.Wait 4 couple hours until most hydroton sinks.
You want the base of ur plants(cube) bout even w/ the top of ur pots,so add hydroton on bottom until level is acheived.

Soking the rockwool 2 long causes it to come apart sooner than later,found out the hard way!

ok, well heres what i have.......cubes have been phed and ppmed, smaller cubes have been placed into bigger ones. hydroton is getting rinsed off with cole water. it wasnt that dirty because i have risned it a few weeks ago. heres pics....now what?

journal 024.jpg

journal 025.jpg

journal 026.jpg

jordanboi420 said:
I am new to this site how do you make a thread?

Hi buddy,1st off take time to read the rules.Hate to see you banned 4 not knowing them.
Now you need x amount of replies B4 you can start a new thread!Once this is accomplished click on "Quick Links",upper blueish bar 2nd from right.
Read through the difrent catagories and find where your question fits(indoor,outdoor,germ.,cloning,hash,ect.)Many to choose from,u'll get more replies if it's in the right section.Also if it's a basic one your response might not b polite.In the same blurish bar-Resources- are the BEST.Many questions answered there.If ur not a newbie,sorry no insult intended.If you are,you gotta read,brother.Good luck

well heres what i got. not sure whats next. i am cleaning my 5 gal res, and i guess having airstones in there wont hurt......so until told different ill leave them in the bucket.

Please,please,please tell me u just entered in the wrong order-"cubes have been phed and ppmed".That would be ludacrist! PPM(how potient the nutes are)THEN Ph(sets how acidic the nutes are).This is more important than enerything you've done so far.Gotta stress this so bad.
1st, Set the strength(ppm) then the Ph.The ph is kinda givin the nutes a badge to pass.If their outta wack,nothin passes.Kinda like the old sayin"If momma ain't happy,no bodies happy).
So hopefully it was ppm THEN ph.Can't stress enough.

Now get the thick plastic.Cut it so its bigger then the rockwool cube,but smaller then the pot.This will cover(block algae/prevent knatts)but not mess w/ ur grip on the lip.If that makes sense.

DAMMMN SERVER

DirtySouth said:
Please,please,please tell me u just entered in the wrong order-"cubes have been phed and ppmed".That would be ludacrist! PPM(how potient the nutes are)THEN Ph(sets how acidic the nutes are).This is more important than enerything you've done so far.Gotta stress this so bad.
1st, Set the strength(ppm) then the Ph.The ph is kinda givin the nutes a badge to pass.If their outta wack,nothin passes.Kinda like the old sayin"If momma ain't happy,no bodies happy).
So hopefully it was ppm THEN ph.Can't stress enough.
yes i ppm'd them phed, sorry. heres an update.....whats next? i am cleaning out 5 gal res....do i need to take out airstones, or are they good for res?

journal 027.jpg

air stones r a must for the nute solution.KEEP EM!
ur pretty much set!place under lights(u have hps correct?) Hps are ideal 4 flowering.Add some blue spectrum,it'll help w' the stretch ur plants WILL endour w' only red-n-orange spectrum lights.If it where me I'd go 100% floro until u flip em(12/12)This will ensure nice-n-tight internoids.Which is a desirable thing.Another + of floros is u can get serious even conopy,seeing the light can b millimeters away w/ no burn(t5 cool daylight bulbs r tits,I love tits,lol)The cost to run floros( those compast floresents r DD's,LMAO.U know the sqiral ones-good ****) much cheaper then ur hps

DirtySouth said:
air stones r a must for the nute solution.KEEP EM!
ur pretty much set!place under lights(u have hps correct?) Hps are ideal 4 flowering.Add some blue spectrum,it'll help w' the stretch ur plants WILL endour w' only red-n-orange spectrum lights.If it where me I'd go 100% floro until u flip em(12/12)This will ensure nice-n-tight internoids.Which is a desirable thing.Another + of floros is u can get serious even conopy,seeing the light can b millimeters away w/ no burn(t5 cool daylight bulbs r tits,I love tits,lol)The cost to run floros( those compast floresents r DD's,LMAO.U know the sqiral ones-good ****) much cheaper then ur hps
yes, i have 400 hps, but i am not running it at this time. i have had issues with small seedlings and my hps. so for now, and probable a week or two, i am using 2 daylight, and 2 soft white cfl's.

when should i make uo 3 gallons of solution? when will my first "dip" be?

Latest posts

Back