Lowryder #2 Random Allsorts Grow!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that looks like heat stress to me. Just trim tip of leaves off. Alot of peeps do.

thanks bro appreciate the answer, will do that, then we can test that bit to see how she's tastin :D

in that last picture she was 57 days old. She will be 9 weeks from seed on this friday :D

thanks. I trimmed the bud leaves that were brown but have left on fan leaves. She looks much better now. Gonna smoke what i cut off at some point and see how that is. Then I will take one of the lower buds as a proper taster at some point.

The trichs are about the same amount of amber - just a few dotted around. Still plenty of clear though.

Richy, was it you that harvested lowryder 2's at 9, 10, 11 and 12 weeks? If it was, which smoke did you prefer?

Thorn said:
thanks. I trimmed the bud leaves that were brown but have left on fan leaves. She looks much better now. Gonna smoke what i cut off at some point and see how that is. Then I will take one of the lower buds as a proper taster at some point.

The trichs are about the same amount of amber - just a few dotted around. Still plenty of clear though.

Richy, was it you that harvested lowryder 2's at 9, 10, 11 and 12 weeks? If it was, which smoke did you prefer?
Yup, that was me. I preferred 10-11 weeks.

thanks bro, will aim for 10 at least/ hey its only another week :D I can't wait to see how this one tastes...she's so much thicker on her main cola than my first girl....I want to eat her :p

When im harvesting my lows I take the top main cola off and let the plant carry on for a week or so to let the lower buds mature further and let the trich's catch up to the main cola section ;)

thanks HIE but if i did that I'd be left with 4 tiny little buds lol my plant aint exactly huge hehe. If it were though I might be tempted to do that, thanks :D

HippyInEngland said:
When im harvesting my lows I take the top main cola off and let the plant carry on for a week or so to let the lower buds mature further and let the trich's catch up to the main cola section ;)
I usually don't have a problem. But I could see where that would come in handy. When I let that one LRx2 go on near 12 weeks the top main cola was a lil' more matured than the buds below it. That was just an expirement. I'm only gonna let my LRx2's grow 10-11 weeks. It was the best of the four different weeks of harvests. Weeks 9,10,11,and 12. Good luck with the harvesting, Thorn! Here's some GREEN MOJO!

Thorn said:
incase anyone cared where this journal went, i've moved it to another site. I just had way too many hassles uploading pictures and it wasn't worth my effort. I harvested my lady 3 days ago and had 4 seeds pop up above the soil on the same day.

I might know what ales you with the pictures, the file size limit perhaps?

If a picture is too large in file size, 488kb for jpegs, then it will refuse it. In order to change the size of your image, use a program such as paint shop pro (used to be jasc, now its corel i think),

and when you go to File- save as, you select Jpeg from the drop down list, then hit the Options button and you can slide the compression adjuster up, this will decrease the size. Or you can go to Image - Re size, and decrease the overall resolution (viewable image size), that will also lower the image file size -- in order to check image size, you can go to the folder on your hard disk where you have it stored and right click on it, select properties, and it will give you a read out of the file size :)

allot of image programs can do this, maybe not in the same steps, but they should be able to.

.. if you already know all this then i apologize, that would of made me look like an *** when its not my place :(

actually i noticed that MJ passion allows rather large PNG files to be uploaded, so you could just save your images as PNG files and avoid the file size limit altogether? -----------------------------------------------------------

Now as for the grow, i couldn't find a link to your last grow to get info on your micro environment? Is it a box of some sort? What site didja move the journal too cause I'd like ta see ! :D

I'm truly sorry that about half of the people on here still refer to you as "dude/guy/boy" when clearly your a woman, not that it matters or anything, but it just taint proper! :p

hey ak! thanks for that info. I dont have any super duper programs, just paint, but i do know how to reduce file size on there. thanks though.

Yea i found out about that, but even when my pictures were the right size (all mine are jpegs and never go over 300kb) it still wouldn't load it. I have to make them teeny to upload them. I think i have it sussed now, its just a bit **** that they have to be so small especially the macro shots. oh and i can only upload one at a time too.

But hey i'm not complaining...tomorrow is harvest day for my big lady :D

happy times tomorrow thorn :woohoo: dont forget your smoke report :48:

ps i use piccaso to export the pics try it ,,its free and easy :peace:

Just thought I'd share this randomly. My 2 current budding LR2s were 66 days old in this picture and the smaller one was harvested, she was grow outdoors guerilla. And the other is still going under my 2 30 watt 2700K CFLs hehe.

I think i'll be sticking to indoors for my ryders. maybe save outdoors for the big smelly plants!

top colas.JPG

melissa said:
happy times tomorrow thorn :woohoo: dont forget your smoke report :48:

ps i use piccaso to export the pics try it ,,its free and easy :peace:
I use Piccaso 2. You can upload it free on the forum. It's awesome for pictures!:D

Thorn nice cola . Great job on the grow

Lookin TAAASTY man. Cant wait to see the dried and cured product man. Nice meds :aok:

thanks bro!

Well I last thursday i cut off the 2 lower nugs as we had run out of green so i wanted to know for sure we'd have something for saturday night. We then found out we were gettin some on saturday so i quick dried one of the nugs in the microwave - never done this before but boy am i impressed, it smoked great and tasted fine. The other nug i left to air dry and there was no difference between them in terms of harshness etc.

I cut the top cola (the rest of the plant) on friday which was exactly 9 weeks old. She has been slow drying by dj shorts method since then and is nearly ready for brown bagging.

We only got 3 smokes off the outdoor ryder, but she was the stinky plant and had a great smoke - stronger than this one.

I now have one lr2 in my grow box and she is around 33 days old now. after her I will be growing some Lowryder Mint from Dutchbreed and will be pollinating me some seeds :D

The first and second pictures are of my new sole ryder at 30 days old. She will get a whole week outdoors in this beautiful sunshine next week! and let me tell you... she can't wait!!! The last picture was stage one of drying.

1 tiny.JPG

2 tiny.JPG

1.jpg

Latest posts

Back