My Friends first Grow Clone-Cultivation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thc is good for me

I smoke Marijuana Blunts
Reaction score
So my friend has started his first legal medical grow and i will be documenting it.

Started with 4 clones Amsterdam Flame, Romulan, Alien Attack and Lillipop

It has been A week since he recieved clones. We had the plants under two 4 foot fluorescents Left them under those for a week. Lastnight the plants where moved under A 400 watt HPS. But there is some bad news the smallest plant i beleive it was the romulan has died. He shouldn't have put him under the HPS so soon.

I will be updating once a week so please check back and give your thoughts.

AAhightimescom.jpg

those look good but im sure they are already getting root bound. I would recommend picking up some grow bags. They work great for me and they are easier to move around than pots. Keep up the good work

Root bound, where do you see that? IMO root bound is not an issue you need to concern yourself with anytime soon. Not to mention these are clones, I would bet if you dumped them out the roots wouldnt even yet assumed the shape of the pots.

What do I know, I tag'd the journal to catch updates. Best of luck

They look to be doing OK under the cfl's hopefully you will get that HPS soon. Hey Ive been reading your thread, just dont post as much as most. I tend to lurk a bit! Hopefully your friend is OK and his/her plants work out fine. They look healthy though. Best of luck with it.

Hertzey.

hey, man... as a matter of fact, I have been following your friend's grow and I just popped in to check up on it. seems you got everything under control :hubba: .

you are about right for repotting now. you are ok to veg under the cfl's until your new bulb arrives. the longer you veg for, the better the finished product, IMO... I let mine go for 6 weeks under a 463W MH bulb before I flipped them into flower.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
hey, man... as a matter of fact, I have been following your friend's grow and I just popped in to check up on it. seems you got everything under control :hubba: .

you are about right for repotting now. you are ok to veg under the cfl's until your new bulb arrives. the longer you veg for, the better the finished product, IMO... I let mine go for 6 weeks under a 463W MH bulb before I flipped them into flower.

Yea i want to get a 400 watt MH light to veg with that would be nice.

Do you think the plants are big enough to start flowering in a week? And when should i switch the nutrients to the budding formula?

ya... they r fine to throw into flower in a week... but, personally, I would give it another 2 or 3 weeks of veg... to get some more lateral growth happening that can only occur with time.

looks good mi amigo bueno give your friend some props anything you get going is experience under the belt

oh... and the flowering nutes... for the last week of my vegging, I transition to flower light schedule by reducing the hrs of daylight on the timer at the end of the day when the lights go off until 12 is reached. This last week I am only giving straight water, as well.

Then at the end of the week of transition, I give some Bud Blood by AN, then start my flowering ferts at 700ppm

the vegging nutes would have been at around 1200 - 1400 ppm cuz they were in veg so long.

they get that way cuz they are put into flower so early... if you were to veg for a while, the "colas" that would have grown up the main stock to look like 1 giant bud, would grow into side branches and make more main colas... as I am doing in my latest grow.

if you want that kind of a grow (single cola), tell your friend to put them into flower as soon as they look like they've come out of transplant shock... and when you do start flowering, start off on the flowering nutes at say 400ppm strength while still giving a half dose of vegging nutes the first feed, 1/4 the second with a little stronger flowering nutes, then stop the veg nutes on third feeding and start upping the flowering nutes accordingly.

So today i found out that i cant use the greenhouse anymore great news huh.

I have moved my whole setup into another room fun fun.

I still havnt gotten my replacment bulb ups says its going to come today but its 4pm already, bulb still hasnt shown up.

I will take new pics tonight hopefully with my HPS light working.

Q. Does anybody know if spiders will eat my plants i have already have hotshot spider mite and small insect killer that another grower suggested but does anyone know of any other bug killing products that wont hurt my plants.

you are better off to top the plant now as they are big enough to do.

when you measure height, do you measure from the top of the soil?... or from the ground including the pot?

about how long to veg for... it all depends on your growing restrictions - if you have no height restrictions, I suggest letting them veg as long as you are able to/can wait for.

finally... I suggest you don't give yourself any expectations... otherwise, if your yeild falls below your projected output, you will only discourage yourself....

i cannot answer your q just learning myself but goodluck with everything :tokie:

Put your hand under the light at the same location that the tops of your plants are at, if the light is very warm on your hand then it is also for the plants, raise it up(the light) until it is not warm on your hand.

Something i have read a couple of times. Hope it helps...

So a few new things i got another timer and another clf.

I am going to switch to 12/12 tonight i have my timers set up so the heat turns on when the light turns off should i have the fan on 24hr or just when the lights on?

The 3rd clone i had from the start refuses to grow big and strong like my other two plants so i will just let him veg with the clones.

cam_data%2Fphoto033545.jpg

it makes no diff about leaving the fan on 24/7... in fact, it's better for the little girls. - wind doesn't stop in the night, right??? most times, the air circ. is required cuz of heat probs, but if you can leave it on 24/7, all the better :)

Latest posts

Back