oldfogey8’s Mimosa clone mother scrog attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, it looks great in that tent!
Thx. I had to repair a couple more claw rips today. Another repair option is Flexiseal which I think would be better for large ‘issues’. My son has my old tent and it is more like mosquito netting at this point. He needs to paint on a coating I think... ;)

Vivosun shipped my tent with silver tape and some shiny material to fix problems but it doesn't really stay put all the time. I didn't even know they made liquid electrical tape.

I tried duct tape, electrical tape, foil tape and even bought some over priced fabric tape. All of it peels off over time. I didn’t know they made liquid electrical tape either but I was browsing around Lowe’s and saw it after seeing a quart of Flexiseal costs like $40. The liquid tape was $7.

The raccoons have not gone after the trash but are making my yard part of their routine as they returned a couple nights ago. One took a can of bacon fat I had attached to a tree branch. I think they want the suet I have in cages above the feeders so I broke one cake up and left it on a frisbee in front of the camera last night. No takers though...

The screen is getting full and starting to show stigmas...

A0EB9EFB-8005-4C75-8226-28B06F0BBC5B.jpeg
49F24C29-C9DF-4615-B5FA-82657D79DAE4.jpeg

The clones, rooted and not-yet-rooted...

237B8C8F-B3D4-45F5-BE4A-B9EE74E42363.jpeg

Cuttings all have roots after 1 week. Easy-peasy for once. Thx to stinkyattic for the recommendation of Rapid Rooters and Dip ‘n’ Gro. She will be the proud adoptive parent of 3 fresh Mimosa clones, one established Mimosa and one established Mendo Cookie.

3C3AE020-5FDF-473E-8681-CC72D31B5FDD.jpeg

Oops. I meant to attach this pic...

Last edited:
The mom is close to being done with her ‘stretch’ and the bud sites are 6-ish inches above the net for the most part and the spacing between nodes is small for me. I could be happy with some 6+ inch colas. I grew some Dutch Passion Master Kush maybe 5 years ago using scrog and liked my results and I can’t for the life of me remember why I stopped using screens...

yikes! i read it from start to finish for the most part. kinda embarrassing but nice to know i have picked up a bit more knowledge in 6 plus years...

Had a container of Mimosa pollen in the fridge. Not much in there but I swiped a brush around in it and pollinated(I hope) one branch(again, I hope). We will call it 2 weeks today of flower. I hope if I get some seeds that they are better developed than the last batch. Maybe I will hit the branch again in a day or 2.

Getting some light burn I think. I lifted the King LED up as high as I can. The leaves where the light from the King and the 2 Growstars overlap is where the burn is happening. I think it is a combination of my adding the King as an afterthought and the fact that the plant spent most of its lif under t5’s.

Edited because I can’t type on an iPhone and I only have 2 Growstar LEDs...

Last edited:
Checked the pH of my run off using some drops from @stinkyattic (thx) just for a sanity check. Looks greenish-yellowish to me so I think pH is not completely out of whack. Plants look ok aside from the light burn.

Latest posts

Back