Outdoor again...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistisrising

Wierd Al Yank a Male
Reaction score
I am new, but I figured I'd break you all in to my style. I have a buddy that does the sexing indoors, so in early may we start to harden them off to sunlight. We do this by putting them under this bush so that they get no sun the first day. Then you move it out toward the sun six inches or so every day, in ten to fourteen days they are ready. No shock, or they're already through it, so you can plant 'em that day.

We get ready for the transplant by cutting off four foot sections of chicken wire for cages. They get overlapped a little, small is the idea, so that later on the cage can support the weight of the lower branches. Some areas need staking, some get rebar weaved through the fence, depends on what kind of animals come 'round. Though most seem to do just fine with just the cage.

I use a mix of 8qts. potting soil, 4qts. vermiculite, 4qts. of peat moss mulch or compost, with 4 to 6 qts. going in each hole. We also have a hard clay layer between 12 to 18 inches down, you need to break that to get any real size. I also think this helps them get water when it's drier than I'd like.

They all go in the holes and I leave an indentation deep enough to hold a gallon of water with the cage set into that. No more than four in a spot. We water every seven days it goes without water, and give 'em a gallon each. Fertilize with MG 20-20-20 all year, no change. Usually average six oz per girlie. I know others get more, but I grow in a heavily populated area, and get it every year. So, I don't mess with success.

Strains... Several hog, one mango, one blueberry, several kali mist(?) mixed with an unknown, and a mothers finest mixed with either white widow or another unknown. Sixteen total.

It's been seven since moisture, so I'll be on my way soon. Pics to follow.

if its not broke don't fix it. sounds like you got a good system down and for me that was the hard part. good luck

Each post is a different local. Enjoy

DSC00006 (Large).JPG

DSC00007 (Large).JPG

DSC00008 (Large).JPG

DSC00009 (Large).JPG

DSC00010 (Large).JPG

DSC00011 (Large).JPG

DSC00012 (Large).JPG

DSC00013 (Large).JPG

No. 4

This is where my heart is... And, all the weight, apparently.

17/18 Is the kali mist
06/07,08/09 are hog
24/25 is the blueberry
26/27 is the poor mango

Evey thing else is unknown. I have a feeling the last three in this post are our oringinal mexi-bag strand (about five generations along), mixed with the ak47 we ordered from emery years ago. If so they'll be done before the end of sept. They were the biggest up to now.

DSC00030 (Large).JPG

DSC00031 (Large).JPG

DSC00032 (Large).JPG

DSC00033 (Large).JPG

DSC00034 (Large).JPG

DSC00036 (Large).JPG

DSC00037 (Large).JPG

DSC00038 (Large).JPG

I went out to see my babies today, well half of 'em. And people, the mist is rising. (no. 55)

DSC00045.JPG

DSC00046.JPG

DSC00047.JPG

DSC00048.JPG

DSC00049.JPG

DSC00050.JPG

Dang mist you a great grow going here. Looks like you know what you are doing. Keep up the good work and oyu will be enjoying your rewards soon.

These are the ones I didn't get to yesterday. I'm going to seed the blueberry (61/62), and the poor mango (63/64) with some blueberry pollen from the only saved blue male. It's a shame the mango came from a clone, there's none left to keep it pure, and from the reports I've been seeing on kc's genetics lately, I don't think we'll order any more. But I'll seed it with the blue, and clone it again for indoors over the winter. Found a piece of our planting map, 59/60 and 67/68 are hog, if I'm reading it right. And 69 through 74 are our mexi-bag strain mixed with serious' ak. But, I get the feeling something else snuck in there, because these babies were ready by october fourth last year, and the first one is just barely showing sex, while the third is thickening up a little.

DSC00059.JPG

DSC00060.JPG

DSC00061.JPG

DSC00062.JPG

DSC00063.JPG

DSC00064.JPG

DSC00065.JPG

DSC00066.JPG

You should start using some brown primer or some other dull dark spray paint on your cages.Shiny silver sticks out a little:)

I would usually have cammoed them with brown and green paint, but it's too late now, and by next year they'll be rusted. We had an extremely dry year, so the brush is usually dense until october. I don't think it'll come back now, even if it rained all week.

Wouldn't the paint run off onto the plant if it rains anyways? Honestly they are tough to pick out of the bunch. They look really green and healthy. Maybe they make green plastic fence things like that you could use or brown ones. I think I have seen stuff like that before somewhere.

Um... Yeah it would run if I somehow got it wet with paint while there was live plants in 'em.:eek: Of course I would have to somehow avoid actually painting the plants:p

Seriously though, I would paint them while they were at my house, then bend 'em flat, and transport them to the location that way. You get a little chipping on the bends, but it survives mostly intact.

They look pretty well hidden to me also, however I have had better hidden ones disappear late in september. It's all a game of chance where I'm at.

No I mean like the rain might warp the paint or something. Maybe not though but I have never painted anything exposed to weather.

I guess when they flower they will definitely look different.

Cheers to your guerilla grow and hopes of a great turn out!

I used to plant in 5gal buckets, and I would always paint them green for obvious reasons. It would chip since the plastic doesn't have good adherent properties for spray paint. But the cage will hold the paint for the first year, then it's rusted, and it doesn't matter anymore.

Latest posts

Back