Outdoor Timing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmToTable

Reaction score
Put in a large order with Attitude today, later than I had hoped.I'm worried I waited too long, but feel there's a good chance Ill be fine. Assuming they are in soil in 2 weeks...I probably won't plant until mid to late June. July first at the latest. They'll have enough time to finish right? New England.

Also. I'm starting them indoors..4x4x7 tent w 400W. I just want to germinate in paper towels and plant Into soil. What size pots are recommended here...knowing they are being transplanted outside at a month and a half to two months veg. Think ill start 15-20 so ill run into space issues if I go too big. Is it a bad idea to use like 4" pots? 6" pots? What about a deep 4"?

Mix and matched an order with attitude. Anything here highly recommended outside?

Order Inventory:
Product: Humboldt Seed Organisation Trainwreck
Options: Feminized Cannabis Seeds - 03 seeds
Quantity: 1

Product: Barneys Farm 8 Ball Kush
Options: Feminized Cannabis Seeds - Pick 'n' Mix
Quantity: 2

Product: Green House Seeds Kalashnikova
Options: Feminized Cannabis Seeds - 10 seeds

Product: FEMINIZED UFO #1 Dutch Passion Skunk #11

Product: FEMINIZED UFO #2 G13 Labs Blue OG

Product: FEMINIZED UFO #3 G13 Labs Diesel Auto

Product: Female Seeds Bubblegummer

Product: Female Seeds Lemon Kush

Product: Female Seeds Purple maroc

Product: Green House Seeds White Rhino
Quantity: 2

Product: Humboldt Seed Organisation Sour Diesel #2

I start my seeds in a 12 oz solo cup. I germinate my seeds according mandalaseeds.com. When they are three weeks or so I put them in one gallon bags, which they stay in until they are sexed, 4-5 more weeks. I see you are doing feminized seeds. Then mine go in 3 or 5 gallon smart pots.

So you would go from one gallon bags or pots to the ground.

Green mojo!

Rosebud said:
I start my seeds in a 12 oz solo cup. I germinate my seeds according mandalaseeds.com. When they are three weeks or so I put them in one gallon bags, which they stay in until they are sexed, 4-5 more weeks. I see you are doing feminized seeds. Then mine go in 3 or 5 gallon smart pots.

So you would go from one gallon bags or pots to the ground.

Green mojo!

Thanks a lot Rosebud- always very helpful. Mojo to ya. Any thoughts on the genetics?

I have grown TW, g13, and sour diesel, but they won't be the same as your genetics. My tw got very tall, but that doesn't mean yours will, ya know? Go by the description on the site.

Looks likes you got killer genetics. Have fun, enjoy this ride. I don't know what date you have your first killer frost in New England. We have a sticky on that somewhere.

When do you get your first frost? That pretty much will determine if you have time to finish them. I wouldn't where I live--any time after the first of Sept, it can frost here. It will also take them a little longer to start flowering as outdoors they respond to the decreasing daylight hours, rather than being "jump started" indoors when you drop the light hours to 12.

You are going to need far larger pots than 4" to take them 6-8 weeks before transplanting them outside. I would go with a minimum or 6 or 8"--and even that is really pushing it--you are going to be watering a lot. You have 16 sq ft--use as large a pot as you can.

Thanks HG- I am going to use gallon pots, could use larger I know. My first frost is between 9/15 and 9/20...would it be better to put them out a little smaller/ earlier than risk not finishing? In your experience are there any strains on my list that historically take a lot longer to finish, I do realize its very environmentally dependent.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back