pcduck's first DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi duck :) your plants look great..and i once snapped a branch. and i taped it and it just carried on growing as if nothing had happened. weird hey. cause if you give em water thats not of the correct ph or the temp isnt right they have a right hissy fit.:hairpull: but snap one of their so called arms..and hey no matter!...bless em :rolleyes:

Thanks for stopping by allmashedup Yes I think plants are a little like people feed them right and the grow big and strong and can handle a a broken arm. But feed them the wrong stuff or not enough of the right stuff and the get sick and can't ward off diseases and stuff.

I just hope I been feeding my plants right because they have taken some major abuse the last couple of days.

Thanks Ukgirl420yes I am excited:woohoo: but I do miss going into the room all the time:(

This is a short tutorial on my building of a carbon scrubber for 4u2sm0ke.

Parts needed:
1-8" end cap
1-6" end cap
1-8"X6" reducer
1-6"X4" reducer (optional)
1-6"collar
2-pieces of 1/4" chicken wire cut to fit the end caps
8-nylon ties
2-pairs of women's nylons
numerous nuts and bolts and washers and metal screws
Aluminum tape
Duck tape
Charcoal

Tools needed
drill
drill bit
scissors
screw driver
tin snips
pliers

First step cut chicken wire to fit the 8" and 6" end caps
100_0982.JPG
with the tin snips
Note: cut the chicken wire so that the outside edges are your circular seam, which is the long seam that you secure with the nylon ties. This step is important later on when covering with nylons.
I am sorry that I am unable to show pics of this step but I was beyond these early steps when 4u2sm0ke suggested this tutorial.

Second step secure chicken wire with nylon ties so that it is in a cylinder shape and place women's nylons over the top of the cylinders.

Third step secure end caps
100_0983.JPG
with the bolts and nuts and washers after drilling starting holes for the bolts.

Fourth step secure the 6" collar
100_0980.JPG
to the top of the smaller wire cylinder

Fifth step secure collar to the 8" X 6" reducer
100_0991.JPG
, then secure reducer to the larger chicken wire cylinder
100_0994.JPG

Sixth step fill charcoal in from the bottom
100_0986.JPG

Seventh step use fish filter floss or the batting
100_0988.JPG
to pack into the gap on the bottom
100_0989.JPG
attach the bottom (8"end cap) with metal screws

Eighth step Take a good look at it
100_0992.JPG
add aluminum tape to the inside of the collar and reducer to stop air leaks
100_0985.JPG

Ninth step Tape batting around the outside
100_0995.JPG
to act as a filter.

Tenth step Add an optional 6" X 4" reducer to the top. Because I only have a 4" Dayton squirrel cage fan.

And that is how I built my carbon scrubber 4u2sm0ke:)

Now for that bubble cloner

pcduck said:
Thanks Ukgirl420yes I am excited:woohoo: but I do miss going into the room all the time:(

it will soon pass when you spend 12 hrs staring at them getting fat and heavy everytime the lights are on :rofl:

great job on the scrubber :48:

Thanks Ukgirl420 I blew a bong hit at the scrubber and it sucked it right in.:aok:

Now I can only hear that song "Anticipation" going around and around in my head. :rofl:

The smoke test on the scrubber trick aye?..I had some similar looking lower leaves that didnt seem to hinder the plants at all, they look good though.

Thanks Turkeyneck....lol yes that scrubber test is a win win situation. It checks the scrubber and gets me stone:)

pcduck said:
Ninth step Tape batting around the outside
100_0995.JPG
to act as a filter.

Tenth step Add an optional 6" X 4" reducer to the top. Because I only have a 4" Dayton squirrel cage fan.

And that is how I built my carbon scrubber 4u2sm0ke:)

Now for that bubble cloner

Thanks duck...thats awesome..roughly how much American dollars did it cost? and for the Bubble cloner..Build it to your needs..I have one thats a single cloner..thats 100% rate..and a 6 site cloner..14 site cloner..and my latest 24 site cloner..what I can say with those is be sure to get a large pump..My expier..has shown me that the bubbles in the cloner is what makes them root..the more bubbles the faster to root time..I have had roots in as little as 4 days with my single cloner..but its average is 8-10 days..Good luck my friend..and Im allways here 4U..but now:bolt::bong:

pcduck said:
Thanks Ukgirl420 I blew a bong hit at the scrubber and it sucked it right in.:aok:

Now I can only hear that song "Anticipation" going around and around in my head. :rofl:

Isnt that a commercial for Hienz katsup? :rofl:

4u2sm0ke said:
Thanks duck...thats awesome..roughly how much American dollars did it cost?....

lets see most the stuff I had laying around like the fan was out of an old furnace. but if I was to guessamate I would say $25.00 for the duct work, chicken wire no idea, the batting was $5.00 and the charcoal was $20.00 and the nylons were $1.00 a piece. Most the stuff you could most likely find around your house or a friends;)
If you have the fan around $52.00

And now that you mentioned it, yes that was a commercial for Heinz ketchup

Update Not much is going on. This is day 5 of 12/12. Had a good stretch the first couple of days has slowed some.

Buy of the Day While at my local tractor supply store I bought 2- 60ml syringes with Luer slip?? for $3.19...then went to hydro store 1-60ml syringe with real nice packing $20.00.:rofl::rofl: I use these syringes for measuring my nutes. I had a small 10ml one but these 60's are easier. The same 1/4" hose I use for my air stones also fits on the tip of the syringe. Makes for a no spill and can still reach the very bottom of the gallon or quart.

Here are some pics of the jungle.

Charlie is huge

100_0996.JPG

100_0997.JPG

100_1000.JPG

100_1001.JPG

100_1003.JPG

100_1004.JPG

Nice going pcduck :) I never knew how easy DWC really was and I cant say one thing bad about it. But for one thing, I can say thousands of good things about it :D Considering it low cost to make from the start even if you have nothing to start it. Second, look at how fast they grow, they grow so fast the could almost fly away:fly: Third, if you do have a problem they look at you like, hey something not right dad. I have read all 177 comments tonight and like a few other people said, I think am going to give this a try just because of how good your crop has turned out and just because it is just that simple :) Man cant wait to see them flower, there just going to take off :D

Oh yea, your carbon scrubber ;) nice

Thanks for stopping by SmokeyTheBear:)Yes this is the easiest type of grow that I have done. They are fast growing and if you do forget something, they show the effects right away, but they also show the effects fast when you fix the problem. I have a bad tendency of not checking my ph and they will tell ya within the first 12 hours that it is wrong.:) There is a member that in his signature it states like 4 times to check your ph and man that is the truth. If something is wrong always check the ph first.

i agree with ya man.the ph is the main thing to me.i really do not check my ppm's very often.
i have been looking for a syringe like that.i can't seem to find one anywhere.i even asked the dude at the pharmacy and he said they did not carry one big enough for what i needed.i was using a syringe that you shoot up meat with.it was glass and i broke it before i ever got to use it.hopefully the tractor supply here might have them.thanks for the tip.

Latest posts

Back