pesticides

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenv

Reaction score
I'm old and lazy with a short attention span , don't want to read hundreds of threads....
Advice on pesticides. Home made or bought . ( mites or what ever ) don't think i need any right now but i want to be ready if needed... Thanks

for outdoors this combo is killer......Spinosad and Pyganic

probably works great indoors too

286FE5DB-FFF1-4FE4-BEE6-54B5BE93B752.jpeg
AE8BB381-AA4A-4E2B-8E87-48BFF1CD16A5.jpeg

I like spinosad and azamax. Don't like to use them though....but when it is necessary....don't mess around...

tenor.gif

Lady bugs, spiders and snakes are great bug eaters but when you grow inside NOTHING IS GOOD.

For what it's worth, Pyganic and Azamax are organic, but so is lead and asbestos, so that doesnt make it perfect. Somewhere, It wasn't Youtube (although it may be there as well) of a guy who got a bad spider mite infestation shortly before harvest. He salvages with little or no pesticides
using suggested things, water spray etc, and a vacuum cleaner with an attachment a short tube, with a light cloth covering he was painstakingly removing webs. not a huge grow, but it was a room not a tent. What a pain he had, but recovered and a little later harvested.

Bubba

At least you admit you are lazy.

5/10 w/o rice

If you are to lazy to click through a few threads and get a grasp you should be denied voting rights and required to research and recite the US constitution and the bill of rights.

I have no sympathy for the able bodied yet lazy and uninformed Americans!

Get real man and spend the time.

You will only yield the effort imputed.

At least you admit you are lazy.

5/10 w/o rice

If you are to lazy to click through a few threads and get a grasp you should be denied voting rights and required to research and recite the US constitution and the bill of rights.

I have no sympathy for the able bodied yet lazy and uninformed Americans!

Get real man and spend the time.

You will only yield the effort imputed.
Thanks for the advice , I came here for help not belittled

Thanks for the advice , I came here for help not belittled

Literally come onto the site and say you are to lazy to do any leg work.

I feel sorry for your grow.

Get real man

No sympathy and no advice from me

Yup. I’m the bad guy.

For what it's worth, Pyganic and Azamax are organic, but so is lead and asbestos, so that doesnt make it perfect. Somewhere, It wasn't Youtube (although it may be there as well) of a guy who got a bad spider mite infestation shortly before harvest. He salvages with little or no pesticides
using suggested things, water spray etc, and a vacuum cleaner with an attachment a short tube, with a light cloth covering he was painstakingly removing webs. not a huge grow, but it was a room not a tent. What a pain he had, but recovered and a little later harvested.

Bubba

not looking for perfection here , just a way to control pests and diseases with as little negative effects to my health as I can

the odds of poisoning ones garden with Pyganic or Spinosad or Azamax are a lot less than using lead and asbestos

apples and oranges are edible but so is arsenic and mercury , common sense is to eat the apples and oranges and avoid the poisons

Hi kenv, glad to meet a fellow-sufferer.
I have a book on my bookshelf called "The Lazy Man´s Guide to Enlightenment."
It´s been there a couple of years.
Must get round to reading it ...

As for pests, my first line of defence is a daily glance beneath the lower leaves, as many bugs attack from the soil.
Use of a small mirror is permitted for the less bendy, or the terminally work-shy, (like me).
In extremis, I have sprayed with (environmentally friendly) washing up liquid, as detergent forms a film on insects and suffocates them.

Some wildlife on the plants are not problematic, spiders eat aphids, though they leave nests with thousands of tiny spiders, either in webs, or little round red pods attached to stems. They don´t smoke too well ...
I see tiny crickets on my plants here in Spain, which I welcome, since they must be eating something, and it´s not the plant.
Caterpillars are removed, (gently) though they only eat the leaves, which are plentiful, (and I like butterflies).
It seems to be when the plants begin to mature that the risk increases, but a daily inspection will bring rewards.

Time to climb into the hammock for my daily "Spanish Yoga."

Clam down potheads and smoke a bowl. 😁 By the way. It doesn't take much effort to do research. Its called google. ,,or the search button at the top of the page.

Hi kenv, glad to meet a fellow-sufferer.
I have a book on my bookshelf called "The Lazy Man´s Guide to Enlightenment."
It´s been there a couple of years.
Must get round to reading it ...

As for pests, my first line of defence is a daily glance beneath the lower leaves, as many bugs attack from the soil.
Use of a small mirror is permitted for the less bendy, or the terminally work-shy, (like me).
In extremis, I have sprayed with (environmentally friendly) washing up liquid, as detergent forms a film on insects and suffocates them.

Some wildlife on the plants are not problematic, spiders eat aphids, though they leave nests with thousands of tiny spiders, either in webs, or little round red pods attached to stems. They don´t smoke too well ...
I see tiny crickets on my plants here in Spain, which I welcome, since they must be eating something, and it´s not the plant.
Caterpillars are removed, (gently) though they only eat the leaves, which are plentiful, (and I like butterflies).
It seems to be when the plants begin to mature that the risk increases, but a daily inspection will bring rewards.

Time to climb into the hammock for my daily "Spanish Yoga."

yes I agree with you on visually checking ones garden every day and twice on sunday

but sometimes it ain’t a practical thing that one person can do

4FEA035F-0E41-400B-AD43-3FBCF2C4681A.jpeg
9F6E9765-7CAF-4778-8871-7A854AA939AE.jpeg

Good Heavens !

exactly

but my grows ain’t nothing

one better have a good pest management program when running with the big dogs

can you imaging checking under the leaves of these plants?

074C86D3-745F-42D5-957B-732F7BDA6245.jpeg
D8194CA9-0C5E-42A5-A44C-A125EA44ABF3.jpeg
B208C5DB-A5A5-4BDA-982E-82AA4FAF24CC.jpeg

Latest posts

Back