Second Grow, A few changes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KCFan58

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my second grow (I have another one going as I start this one). I have made a few changes since my first grow.
Here are a few of the important changes.
Genetics, This grow actually has reputation! : Pakistan Valley (World of Seeds) x5 :Blue Haze, (Homegrown Fantaseeds) x5, and : Escape x6, (By KC).
Just a quick note, 1 seed from KC came smashed and sealed in a "ziplock" baggie, Homegrown Fantaseeds all were ok, BUT shipped also in a "ziplock" baggie, World of seeds shipped their seeds in a Hard Plastic container! No problems, and I like that, the UK is FAR from where I live! Will probably go with them again, if the end product is good!
I'll be using an aggregate mix potting soil, not prenutted this go around.
Also I have recently upgraded, my Flowering light, to 2 400 watt HPS Lights with reflectors, (no reflectors before on my 400 HPS/400MH combo).
And finally, I added a Vegging room, with some 130 watt aquarium style Power compact lighting. I'm undecided yet if it will be enough. And may eventually have a 100 watt MH added to it.

Send me some Mojo! Here we go!

Not quite newborns yet.

100_1795.JPG

100_1796.JPG

100_1797.JPG

The start of another prosperous grow! Interesting strains, any info on them? Indica, sativa, flowering times? Maybe I'll just look into it :). Would be good to check out some home pages of these companies. The only company Ive visited on the internet so far has only been Paradise Seeds. I havn't even heard of World of Seeds or even Kc before. Looking forwards to seeing these strains grow up into beautiful women!

Howdy KCFan, I don't think we are s'posed to discuss seed sources methods of shipping,for stealth reasons.

True on the stealth..But dont feel he gave out to much..Sending you some GREEN MOJO:lama: get them Babies a growing..:bong::watchplant:

Mentalpatient, I have tons of info. If I can figure out how to PM maybe I'll send you it and maybe some links as well. Thanks for stopping in guys!

Pakistan Valley, Breeder:World of Seeds : 100% Indica, 55 days Flowering, Height 1.5 meters, High, Narcotic.

Blue Haze, Breeder:Fantaseeds: Indica Sativa Hybrid that grows more like an Indica. Best Sativa category winner at the High Times Cannabis Cup 2001, its a unique cross between the original Homegrown Haze and the original Blueberry. Flowering 8-9 weeks

Escape, Breeder: KC Brains Holland:
Edelwuiss from swiss 2000 x brazils best 2001 from salvador da bahia x kc 606 Indica. Height: 1.5m Flowering 11 weeks.

16 seeds in the dirt. :D
:holysheep: That's alot of work! Pics of Setup and lights.

100_1802-1.JPG

100_1803.JPG

100_1804.JPG

100_1805.JPG

100_1806.JPG

100_1807.JPG

Benny, In my defense, I could have taken Pictures and posted them of the part of the shipping method that I'm talking about, as others have in the past,(only the containers the seeds themselves come in) I made no comment on stealth whatsoever. The breeders have nothing to do with stealth in my case, anyways my supplier has remained anynomous, even though they deserve large amounts of credit for their EXCELLENT shipping.

KCFan58 said:
Pakistan Valley, Breeder:World of Seeds : 100% Indica, 55 days Flowering, Height 1.5 meters, High, Narcotic. quote]

uuh i have seen those seeds before im glad to se someone is
growing those i have allmost orderet them many times
so im looking forward to se how its turns out

indie

:ciao: KCfan...setup looks good..is that a Black light you have in there? what is that bulb..and that aquarium lights how many lumes are you getting? and maybe i missed it but whats the grow area size..More MOJO for the little ones..Just subscribed to the thread..and talking about the containers the breaders or friends use is not good on account it helps :cop: to know what to look 4..anyway will wait for info..Have a nice day:bolt::bong:

Almost all the beans have turned into mini babies :yay: , Still missing a few, but I'm hopefull they will come around. No pics yet, as they aren't ALL up yet and I was sick yesterday, I will probably post pics on Mondays as with my other grow. Today counts as "Day 1" since MOST have broken the soil, I consider this the first day of their lives. 4u2smoke, the Blue light is Just that, it's Adjusted to the 460nm(7100k)spectrum, "This range includes violet, blue, and green bands. Peak absorption by chlorophyll occurs, and a strong influence on photosynthesis. (promotes vegetative growth)"(Quote from a very helpfull website). Lucky me, I just happend to have this guy laying around. Tho I don't know what my Lumens per foot are, I do have a "light meter" and I am very close to where I was with the other setup as far as light saturation goes. Veg area is ~2' x 4' and can be modified as needed, also lights can be added if needed. Thanks for your questions and for stopping in! Pics soon I promise.

So All but 1 bean has shown signs of cracking and attemptimg to break soil, I have 14 above soil, 1 Sprouted below, and 1 showing signs that it might not :cry: I'm persistant, I will let it try for a week or 2 before I give up on it, I found on my last grow, that IMHO, Girls tend to be late bloomers, so it's worth waiting for! Even if it doesn't, 15 out of 16 isn't bad in my opinion! Just unfortunate it has to be a Pakistan Valley Bean, I was secretly "rooting" (no pun intended) for those beans! Pics on Monday, I'm resisting the temptation to post pics! It's Tough!

One week into it I have more bad news than good :cry: I have spider mites on the little babies, a few are stretching, and 2 beans instead of 1 have decided to not join the world of the living..Both are the "Pakistan Valley" seeds, wonder if this is their genetics, or my nubishness, spose we'll see. anyways, a few pics. Most look really good so far.

100_1813.JPG

100_1814.JPG

100_1816.JPG

100_1818.JPG

100_1820.JPG

100_1821.JPG

100_1852.JPG

100_1854.JPG

:ciao: take a bowl of water in and dipp them in the water...How did you get them so early? and they are stretching for the light? how close do you have it? my Fours i get inches from top of the little ones..doesnt look like you have a Heat issue with those lights..neem oil and fallow the instructions on the lable..Good luck I check back:bolt::bong::watchplant:

KCFan58 said:
So All but 1 bean has shown signs of cracking and attemptimg to break soil, I have 14 above soil, 1 Sprouted below, and 1 showing signs that it might not :cry: I'm persistant, I will let it try for a week or 2 before I give up on it, I found on my last grow, that IMHO, Girls tend to be late bloomers, so it's worth waiting for! Even if it doesn't, 15 out of 16 isn't bad in my opinion! Just unfortunate it has to be a Pakistan Valley Bean, I was secretly "rooting" (no pun intended) for those beans! Pics on Monday, I'm resisting the temptation to post pics! It's Tough!

why resist? post tons of pics..I love it;) :cool:

I ordered some Lady bugs, they were cheap as hell and come with enough to put in the outside garden as well. 1500 for like 6 dollars I figured it was worth a try, it's a, pretty to look at, attempt at trying to get rid of the little buggers. They aren't as bad as I thought, only a few, maybe my killing them as soon as I saw them limited their numbers,... and how so early? you got me sir! The "Current Grow" doesn't have any signs of ANY at ALL, and they have access to the same area (kinda). .... Believe it or not, I think I had the lights too close, what I mean is, the plants on the outside rows were just beyond the effectiveness of the reflector, I moved the light up about 3 inches, and it seems to have slowed. and maybe even stopped.

Once I'm sure the mite problem is fixxed, (If I can fix it) I'm dropping a few more Pakistan Valley beans in the soil, I was really hoping for a couple females, so I wanna up my odds.

:watchplant: Loving the sound of the Pakistan valley and interested to see how close the flowering time is to 8-9 weeks for the blue haze.
Never grown or personally seen plants grown from seeds so i'll be watching closely as i'm thinking about trying it out so i dont just get stuck with same strain all time as i growing from cuttings.
All the best mate:D

I have some good news! I haven't seen a mite in a while, don't ask how, the lady bugs haven't showed up yet, and more importantly! One of the Pakistan Valley seeds I thought was a goner showed up! It's the Blurry Picture (sorry about that) I'll get a better pic. mid week. So I'm back up to 15/16 germ. Things are looking good otherwise, here are a few pics. Need a little input, how long do most of you soil growers wait before you start with the scaled down nutrient solutions, I hear 2-4 weeks after they break soil, just curious about opinions.

100_1898.JPG

100_1899.JPG

100_1900.JPG

100_1904.JPG

100_1907.JPG

100_1908.JPG

100_1909.JPG

100_1911.JPG

100_1913.JPG

Latest posts

Back