SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updating the SubGirl garden page with a canopy shot of the Banana TK tent starting week 7 of flower although this tent took a little stress during the new furnace install with cold temps and higher humidity, I’m still ok with how everything is growing. Removing a few extra sticky leaves as I’m always doing to make good breathing for everyone. They are use to being plucked everyday. Getting some pretty flowers and a nice smell too. View attachment 320488
View attachment 320489
Nice - you should have a decent harvest with those

Looking good in there Subgirl!

Your plants are looking beautiful SubmarineGirl! I need to follow your lead a do a little more plucking along the way.

A grow bible I read years ago said that you should never pluck a leaf unless it's more than 50% damaged. Personally, I've pretty much stuck with that philosophy ever since and it seems to work well for me. There are definitely situations where it makes sense to thin things out though. But, we always have to keep in mind that the light is feeding these girls, (and guys, if you're into that sorta thing 😁), as much, (or even more so), as the fertilizers we give them, and they do that drinking with their leaves.
Just a thought.

☠️

Looking good in there Subgirl!

A grow bible I read years ago said that you should never pluck a leaf unless it's more than 50% damaged. Personally, I've pretty much stuck with that philosophy ever since and it seems to work well for me. There are definitely situations where it makes sense to thin things out though. But, we always have to keep in mind that the light is feeding these girls, (and guys, if you're into that sorta thing 😁), as much, (or even more so), as the fertilizers we give them, and they do that drinking with their leaves.
Just a thought.

☠️
My problem is I always overcrowd my tent. When the leaves get thick in my little 2x4 tent I gotta give them room to breath. I don’t take them all but I do pluck every time I open the tent. Cause I can’t say no to one more plant…🙃

My problem is I always overcrowd my tent. When the leaves get thick in my little 2x4 tent I gotta give them room to breath. I don’t take them all but I do pluck every time I open the tent. Cause I can’t say no to one more plant…🙃

That's one of those situations where it makes sense. Some strains might tend to herm if they're not opened up a bit to allow more light to the lower parts, so it makes sense there too. Some people seem to do a lot of it when it's not necessary and, I'm sure, they believe they're helping them but, I believe, from what I've seen with my own plants and what I've read, that they're not.
Of course, there are almost as many opinions about growing styles as there are growers! 😂 So.. I guess everybody has to take everything with a grain of salt and we all need to realize that what works for one doesn't always work for another too. 😁

☠️

I agree, I did very little trimming on my outdoor plants last year just maybe the ugly leaves. Each plant had plenty of room and I too like to leave the leaves on the plant if possible. Outdoors is the way to go for sure in the summer but inside my tiny tent is more city apartment living. They get use to the crowding and the plucking 🙃

What do you mean by over crowded lol

Attachments

• PXL_20230223_144122099.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230223_144122099.MP.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230223_144117365.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230223_144117365.MP.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 0
The tent does have a particular smell, not banana tho. I always have trouble with describing the smell for some reason. But definitely a stronger and different smell than the other tent I have going on the same age…

i like to pinch the stalk between two fingers and rub up and down and then smell my fingers

please dont hate me

So I usually have a glass of weed trimmings on my kitchen counter for decoration. sometimes I add a few yard flowers to them but usually only the weed. It really lasts forever in the glass I just add a little sink water to it and I let it sit under my kitchen herb light. I was adding water to it today when I found this one rooting. I was surprised to see it as I’ve tried to do this on purpose with no luck

14E0CC47-788D-4FEC-BF0D-8FB44BC52F1F.jpeg
F67553E9-62F2-46A2-9872-7061D7BE2596.jpeg

So I usually have a glass of weed trimmings on my kitchen counter for decoration. sometimes I add a few yard flowers to them but usually only the weed. It really lasts forever in the glass I just add a little sink water to it and I let it sit under my kitchen herb light. I was adding water to it today when I found this one rooting. I was surprised to see it as I’ve tried to do this on purpose with no luck

View attachment 320716View attachment 320717

there was a member at the other place , Mrs G1 , she used an empty Folgers can with an aquarium waterstone and usually had 100% rooting

no cloning solution , no humidity dome , no heating pad….

just take a bunch of cuttings and in the cloner can they go!

Latest posts

Back