SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't worn underbunners since '67, and I'm pretty sure my drawer full of tie dyed T shirts would be the first place they'd look.

Triple bag your ziplocks and stick 'em in the freezer. They'll keep for a year or better with no loss of taste or buzz.
I will do it this year definitely. How long does every think the taste and bud last in a jar?

I will do it this year definitely. How long does every think the taste and bud last in a jar?
I have some two years old the still taste wonderful and still sticky too. I’m not sure how long but at least that long. Perhaps it would last longer in the freezer I’m not sure but I don’t like the way things look in my freezer after two years. I think packaging before you put it in there is most important.

I have some two years old the still taste wonderful and still sticky too. I’m not sure how long but at least that long. Perhaps it would last longer in the freezer I’m not sure but I don’t like the way things look in my freezer after two years. I think packaging before you put it in there is most important.
I think I have heard people using the vacu lock bags?

I think I have heard people using the vacu lock bags?
There are attachments for ‘seal-a-meal’ type systems so you can vacuum seal mason jars. I seal my mason jars with a Boveda 62 pack or two in the jar. I have bud that is 5 or so years old. The THC must degrade somewhat over time since the older bud I smoke on occasion has a really mellow buzz and is an awesome anti-inflammatory smoke. I am a one hit wonder though so your results may vary.

There are attachments for ‘seal-a-meal’ type systems so you can vacuum seal mason jars. I seal my mason jars with a Boveda 62 pack or two in the jar. I have bud that is 5 or so years old. The THC must degrade somewhat over time since the older bud I smoke on occasion has a really mellow buzz and is an awesome anti-inflammatory smoke. I am a one hit wonder though so your results may vary.
I do have one of those vacuum sealers. Maybe I should bag some excess up. Those jars do take a lot of room after a few grows

My old friend does that. He'll seal a meal a bunch, stuff 'em in a ziplock (triple), and freeze 'em. Not sure it works better, but the extra bagging stops the freezer burn.

The stuff will keep well in just jars as long as it's kept cool and in the dark. I'm like OldFogey. I'm a one hit (maybe two) wonder, so if I want to keep it fresh, I only keep a small amount out to use.

My old friend does that. He'll seal a meal a bunch, stuff 'em in a ziplock (triple), and freeze 'em. Not sure it works better, but the extra bagging stops the freezer burn.

The stuff will keep well in just jars as long as it's kept cool and in the dark. I'm like OldFogey. I'm a one hit (maybe two) wonder, so if I want to keep it fresh, I only keep a small amount out to use.
But remember remove any real big stems (they will poke through the plastic if vacced to hard. I was taught to vac the bag down to the bud without the extra squish. And double Bag for safety , sometimes they gets through

Last edited:
49BAD30B-2AC4-4C36-A53C-15C8F3C70727.jpeg

that is pretty good

do you keep the jars in the fridge?

we have our cabinet stocked with a variety of pint and quart jars and restock them from the freezer when they get low

View attachment 327033
I remember seeing your cabinet filled with different strains and dreamed of one day having my own little pharmacy back when I first joined the passion. I actually have one now wow, with an actual selection of decent weed too some even better in the special stash area. Thanks for inspiring me big. You’re the best. 💕

No they are in boxes in a closet. Never thought about it going bad. GG from 2 years still sticky and has nice smells in all the different jars. Maybe I should be doing the vacuum bag and freeze thing?

why change now if it is working?

we do have a bunch that stays in the back of the garage where it is always cool and its as good as the flowers in the freezer

so yeah , i think someone on here has flowers that are over 10 years in storage ?….mabe oldfogey?

No they are in boxes in a closet. Never thought about it going bad. GG from 2 years still sticky and has nice smells in all the different jars. Maybe I should be doing the vacuum bag and freeze thing?
The way you and hubby smoke, it doesn't get a chance to get stale. :)

I remember seeing your cabinet filled with different strains and dreamed of one day having my own little pharmacy back when I first joined the passion. I actually have one now wow, with an actual selection of decent weed too some even better in the special stash area. Thanks for inspiring me big. You’re the best. 💕

my pleasure!

hasnt always been this way

a few years back we had catastrophic events wipe out 95% of our crop and i had nothing in reserve

i swore that would never happen again

although i got some pretty good weed from Pute and a few other Colorado growers at a decent price too

why change now if it is working?

we do have a bunch that stays in the back of the garage where it is always cool and its as good as the flowers in the freezer

so yeah , i think someone on here has flowers that are over 10 years in storage ?….mabe oldfogey?
I have cannabutter that old(actually I melt all my butter together so the block I have has a range). Bud that is 5 or so year old now. I made butter out of all my older stuff a while back.

I know I have two snow leopard females and two Durban poison x triangle kush. All the others are looking potentially female but I’m gonna wait to determine. They seem to like it in the filtered sunlight on my porch under the eve.
View attachment 327356

woot! woot!

partial shade like that is one of my favorite places to harden off plants , they seem to thrive

otherwise its the hoop house with 80-20 shade cloth

Latest posts

Back