SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could cut a hole in the bottom and sink it down a bit after they finish the steps. Don’t know if that would help any or just make a big mess. I cut a hole in the Josie plant I had growing in this spot last year to check the roots after I started losing her (trying to forget that…). The pot held up pretty good even after I cut the bottom out. I’ll probably just let her grow in that pot. It does make it easy to move in an emergency which came in handy last year.
speaking of the Josie, we are smoking a Josie righg now which Mr Subbie now says he likes the last grow better than the Josie. I agree the three strains I grew in our last tents were all awesome.
As big said, the roots will grow tight thru the felt bag. I keep some Dahlia tubers in a 5 gallon felt bag so I can bring it in after the frost kills the leaves. Roots grow right into the soil around the bag. There are also about 25 trees at a school by my house that I can be still see the bags they were planted in peaking out of the ground.

we had some 5 gal fabric pots and dug a half of a hole 🤡 about 4” inches deep and set the pots on in them and had a wonderful harvest , it was some P98 Bubba Kush

so yeah , if you dont have to move them , they will finish ok in one spot and hopefully if they start growing roots through the bottom of the fabric , you wont have to move it and disturb the roots

Taking a look at the photo tent. The Godfather OG and Tropicana Poison are coming back around after a late transplant due to sharing the tent with the plants I was trying to sex for outside.
Note to self: start reg seeds two weeks later so they can go outside and make room in the tent.
bending and folding stems and leaves to try and fill in the last two corners before I turn them to flower.
IMG_7982.jpeg

I have planted them in my yard (cannabis plants) and never had any major roots growing through them, the felt grow bags do not allow smaller plants with weaker roots to grow through bag. The bags that trees are buried in are made from light woven burlap and the stronger tree roots will work their way through them.

I have planted them in my yard (cannabis plants) and never had any major roots growing through them, the felt grow bags do not allow smaller plants with weaker roots to grow through bag. The bags that trees are buried in are made from light woven burlap and the stronger tree roots will work their way through them.
My plant last year didn’t grow thru in that same size/type bag

I did that to mine last year after she went all the way to harvest almost then got all yellow I think bud rot. I cried. I Xed out the bottom to see what the roots looked like. They looked normal but they may like an Xed out bottom and even grow bigger with an opportunity to reach more soil. I’ll think about that…

I did that to mine last year after she went all the way to harvest almost then got all yellow I think bud rot. I cried. I Xed out the bottom to see what the roots looked like. They looked normal but they may like an Xed out bottom and even grow bigger with an opportunity to reach more soil. I’ll think about that…
You need to make sure when you plant them to dig the hole extra deep to add quality soil beneath the plant also, if the soil beneath is good then not so much, but if clay or rock hard I would use better soil also.

Oh yes of course. I’ve already dug a hole there and put soil in it thinking that I was gonna plant it in the ground there but our steps need repair and it might get in the way of the carpenter coming to fix it. That’s why it ended up in the pot but yes I can dig down a few inches and bury the oped bottom pot in the hole.

Oh 2 feet. I didn’t make my hole that deep. Maybe I need to dig it deeper. It’s maybe 12-18” deep but I can see how more good dirt down there would help. And I can still do that after the guy finishes my steps

Oh yes of course. I’ve already dug a hole there and put soil in it thinking that I was gonna plant it in the ground there but our steps need repair and it might get in the way of the carpenter coming to fix it. That’s why it ended up in the pot but yes I can dig down a few inches and bury the oped bottom pot in the hole.
But if you cut bottom open and have to move it for guy to fix steps the plant may fall out of bag when pulled from ground, in that case I would just use the bag the way it is.

Oh 2 feet. I didn’t make my hole that deep. Maybe I need to dig it deeper. It’s maybe 12-18” deep but I can see how more good dirt down there would help. And I can still do that after the guy finishes my steps
The larger area the roots have to spread out and grow the Larger the plant can get.
You would be surprise at the monsters you could be growing in the right soil and placement.
You could grow Bigger than BIG LOL.

Yes I won’t cut the bottom out till he leaves. I just need to plant in bigger pot or the ground as my plant was outgrowing it’s pot so I decided to use the 25 gallon pot but he should be finished working in a week or so so I can redid the hole then and cut the bottom out. It shouldn’t have to be moved anymore after that and it would kinda be planted in the ground which is what I wanted to try this year. I have two others in the ground too this year. It’s my first time doing it.

Yes I won’t cut the bottom out till he leaves. I just need to plant in bigger pot or the ground as my plant was outgrowing it’s pot so I decided to use the 25 gallon pot but he should be finished working in a week or so so I can redid the hole then and cut the bottom out. It shouldn’t have to be moved anymore after that and it would kinda be planted in the ground which is what I wanted to try this year. I have two others in the ground too this year. It’s my first time doing it.
When I plant vegetables and flowers in 6 inch pots I always cut off 1 inch of the root ball after I remove it from their pot to reduce root bound , it is a recommended method when transplanting potted store bought plants.

Latest posts

Back