SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plants look great SubGirl

in one of our Horticulture lectures , the professor stated that most trees and plants with leaves can lose up 30% of their leaves and it will not negatively affect the rate of photosynthesis in the plant

so yeah , I am in the defoliate camp , remove those leaves and remove them often

in one of our Horticulture lectures , the professor stated that most trees and plants with leaves can lose up 30% of their leaves and it will not negatively affect the rate of photosynthesis in the plant

so yeah , I am in the defoliate camp , remove those leaves and remove them often
It’s not like there is a lot to do in there but pull leaves big so I’m in defoliation camp with ya..

I love those giant leaves. I think I’m gonna do some art work with them. Maybe a clock or something decoupaged.
At the bottom of my plants I had these extremely tiny 11 point leaves on the one plant 9 point on the other one. I'll see if there's any left they might have not survived the stripping I did today. They were about the size of a penny and I thought man if you could do some of those they would make the coolest little trinkets. Maybe embed them in epoxy for necklaces or other things like that. Seem like a really cool idea, it was the tiniest Bud leaves I've ever seen in my life.

That's how much I was taught when pruning fruit trees. 30%. I usually walk away with two fist fulls of leaves every time I visit my girls when flowering.

Those plants will surprise you. I don’t find myself in any way knowing about the plant. I think the plant itself has taught me that like us, each one is just a bit different than the others and require different needs even tho the one sitting right beside it, it’s twin will want something totally different. I have a split plant like you have. It’s one of three of the Josie clones that I decided to let hang out as I think the one planted outside is gonna be a winner and I may want more I’m gonna manifold one of them as I had great luck with doing it on a plant in my last clone grow.
View attachment 300703

Sub you have it going on pretty girls up there. What are those red thing on those stems?

At the bottom of my plants I had these extremely tiny 11 point leaves on the one plant 9 point on the other one. I'll see if there's any left they might have not survived the stripping I did today. They were about the size of a penny and I thought man if you could do some of those they would make the coolest little trinkets. Maybe embed them in epoxy for necklaces or other things like that. Seem like a really cool idea, it was the tiniest Bud leaves I've ever seen in my life.
I have a half a box of pressed leaves from my first grow when I couldn’t bear to get rid of them all. Your just have to press them in a book for a couple weeks with a paper towel. They flatten perfectly your project would make a nice gift too.

Sub you have it going on pretty girls up there. What are those red thing on those stems?
they help train your plant into a 90 degree bend. I don’t always use them and you have to watch them and remove them once the stem is trained. I am doing a manifold on this plant. All the vegetation from the middle of this plant will be removed and I will top the two ends again and again moving their growth pattern into a kinda circle until I get enough tops to turn on flower time. I did this with another plant an uncontrollable clone that I hacked it all the way down after it was at least 1-1/2 ft tall. The plant turned out beautiful one of my best actually. These little rubber clips help me guide the plant to the growth pattern I’m looking for. I don’t usually use them on my regular plants unless they are unruly
F40FBE6C-6278-4EF8-964B-E94D6D23D16E.jpeg

I don't only defoliate I trim the popcorn buds as well. Not worth messing with and take away from the colas near the lights.

Great thread SubG.
Yeah Pute I have learned now as well that it’s not worth saving the popcorn buds or anything under the net. Better to let that growth go to the buds.

One of the strains I grow (Strawberry OG) will be almost nothing but popcorn buds if you don't clean her up at the bottom. I just have a nice canopy about 24" deep spread across the top of the plant.

I hate a plant that when you get done trimming off the sugar leaves there is no bud left.

I also trim leaves in Flower. I'm trying to grow big buds not big leaves. The sugar leaves and flowers will suck up the sun. Don't need all those big leaves in flower because you have already established your root zone.

Don't mean to hijack the thread SubG but I just happen to have a Strawberry OG ready to go into flower next week. Here is a picture of her. Again all leaves are cleaned up at the bottom. Most plants aren't this bad but nothing down at the bottom would produce smoke able product. So, I clean it and let the top of the plant flourish.

I will get a fair to average yield out of her. The buds will be bigger and smell like strawberry once cured properly. Plus....it is gooood s-hit.

IMG_20220619_101504788_HDR.jpg

Latest posts

Back