The other stuff we grow…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houseoftreasure

...we know our pleasure.
Reaction score
If I shouldn’t have posted this here, I hope the mods take no offense and move it where it belongs.

The growing of our own resources and the recycling of materials has become the latest passion here at the House of Treasure. It would be awesome to talk to the fine folks here about their gardens, their houseplants, and all the other fine things we grow.

We had wanted to make our backyard a tiny farm, which would have been wonderful, but it’s getting late to start planting some things, so I’m thinking that might not happen this year. We are still hoping to get a chicken coop and some chooks, as _him would call them. Probably going to violate some zoning law, but we’ll just bribe the neighbors with fresh eggs.

Instead, he has created a kitchen garden for me. <> It’s beautiful, and we’ve planted tons of tomatoes, some herbs, peas, and beans, and even some onions and asparugus. It might be a complete waste of time, but it looks lovely in my window, and things are starting to grow. Today we had some peas and beans pop up. Also, a friend gave us an avacodo tree, which we have planted in a huge bucket. It appears happy a week later, so go planty! (Anyone with good advice on the care and feeding of an avocado tree, please pm us. Ty.)

<>

We have a nice little aloe that we have brought back from the brink three times now. Let's hope it's like a cat, eh? It looks happy now...we have learned about plants and too much rain.

Our little ivy we stole as a clipping from the neighbor and made a clone. It is coming along nicely! We also got a huge viny...umm...thing from the neighbors mom's collection, and it has decided it wants to live.

I am going to make a potato vine...shrug...for the heck of it.

The first of the tomatoes took forever to come up, but now that they have I am thrilled and looking forward to some tomatoes to eat and give away. (We planted way too many for just two people with the intent to share and share alike.)

The rose plants up front also got a helping hand. _him trimmed them back last fall, and they look quite happy. <> <> I had to clean some old grass and debris out of one, but it looks much happier. We happened upon an old bathroom sink and put it in the dirt and put in part of the little rose bush that broke off and some bamboo. <> Both looked right happy, and he’s got it draining well, so we’re hopeful.

_him even has a worm farm. We aren't sure how it's going yet. We can't tell. It seems like they might be happy, but we can't be sure. The dirt hasn't changed...but it's only been a week. We just dug some out of the yard, and hope for the best. He'll keep you posted on this one. There's only so much yuck factor that I can take.

So, please share with us your gardens and tell us how you make it grow!

Kitchen Garden Resize.jpg

IMAGE_240.jpg

Rose Resize.jpg

Rose 2 Resize.jpg

Latest posts

Back