This is what I am working with so far

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solidsnake53511

Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon bucket regular potting soil with 6 plants unsure of sex as of right now but hoping they will show soon so that I can begin cloning the females. They are currently getting 12 hours of light because I am sexing them right now. The plants are under 175 watt mh right now and will switch to my hps when the plants are ready for flowering. The lamp is about 18 inches from the tops of the plants and the plants range from 8 to 13 inches tall. I also have an oscillating fan on low with temps around 80 to 85 degrees when light is on and 60 degrees when lights are off . Only been feeding them lightly when the new growth was yellowing with gh flora series micro grow and a tad of bloom nutes. Currently watering with 1 gallon plain tap water with a ph of 7.0 when top 4 or so inches of soil is dry about every 3-5 days. My only questions for you expert growers is how long should I wait after sexing before I clone the females. I am pretty sure I have 4 females and 2 males but I am not 100% sure. I also attached some pics not the best quality I am sorry only a 2.0mp webcam lol.

snap_1.jpg

snap_2.jpg

snap_3.jpg

snap_4.jpg

snap_5.jpg

snap_6.jpg

snap_7.jpg

snap_8.jpg

7.0Ph is a little too high for dirt. It is generally accepted to have one plant per container, it just saves on issues. Your light needs to be a lot closer, move it as close as you can and still comfortably keep your hand between the plants and the lights. 175watss is not enough watts to do much with so depending on what you are trying to do, and how much space you are planning on growing in, you may need to up the wattage. As soon as they show sex you can clone.

Yeah, cadlakmike seems to be right on with his information. Just what I was thinking.

so i should lower my light some and lower the ph right? i am only using my 175 watt mh for vegging. when i begin flowering im going to switch to my 250 watt hps i just dont feel like pulling it out yet. i think i forgot to mention that on my first post. So what do you guys think of my plants do they look ok so far?

Run both of them it will help them fill out if you can handle the heat.

i try to before and it heat stressed my plants and killed them had to start over. i do have one more mh that is only 75 watts layin around and i thought about adding it but idk what do you guys think?
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot.png

sounds like you need to lower the temp when the lights on too. Any way you can blow colder air in? or the hot out?

Its in my closet that has no intake or exhaust which really sucks for my temps. i just open the door and let in fresh air from my window in my bedroom a few tomes a day.

is your attic above you closet? thats where I vent out my heat. If not might have to get alittle creative. Im working on a cooling system myself using ice water coil and small pump to circulate. We use it on our race cars to cool intake temps so why not a exhaust temps.

Actually i do have a attic above my closet. I am just not sure how i would go about setting it up. i have 2 150mm computer fans but i do not know if they would work or not.

Its pretty easy take your plants out of the closet try to find the studs befor you cut. Take a long screwdriver (something long) poke it through the drywall then go up in the attic move away the insulation and make a 4 inch hole if that the size of your fans. Mount them and away you go.

This is my exhaust not finished but you get the idea I have caps to make it look alot more finished.

They look good but for a closet grow.. I'd cut them back before flowering. In a normal closet meaning not one Goldie Hawn with have. You can do 4 plants to 6 plants.

I would keep them short with 4 branches per plant per meter under a 250

I was thinking about LSTing them and take clones from the lateral branches or topping them and use them as clones. I am just not sure which i would rather do or which would be best. If i were to top them how many nodes long would the cut have to be to use as a clone.

Today i checked in between nodes to see if any have shown any flowers yet and 3 of the 6 i have confirmed to be females because of the two little white hairs poking out of the calyxes.:D :D :ccc:

about 10ft long 2.5ft wide 6ft high. But its not fully cleaned out and only have about 2ft by 2ft by 6ft usable space right now. I need to throw some unneeded junk away lol.

Okay, let's say you go on Ebay and get rid of some stuff to where you got 2 x 5 x 6.
60 cubic feet.
You'll need a 65 to 75 cfm rating on your fan to change the air in a minute or a little less. Do you know the cfm rating on the 150mm?
Gb

Latest posts

Back