tor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedagain714

Reaction score
i downloaded tor on my computer,it supposedly will block your ip address and location.computer people,would you read about it and let me know what you think.im not very computer literate

I am not very computer literate either, but if you are using it now, it did not block your IP address on this site.

I'm a computer literate, even if a bit stoned:D

If he is using tor or similar tools you can see his IP address but it's not his own, it's the one of the service that is masking his real one.

Said that, as far as i know, it's not totally sure and it's more to protect your privacy from people that could use you IP against you but a legal investigation have the rights to obtain your real IP from the service if needed.

Just my two cents, i'm not an hacker so this is just what i think i know about this thing.

havent been able to find time to get on line lately,thanks for the info

You have to have tor open and use tor to log in and all it does is bounce your isp address around the globe from a few hundred thousand isps addresses so effectively it slows downs anyones attempts to trace you unless your the cia/fbi who have better equipment than most.
This is information from a friend who was a hacker!!!!!!
It does slow down your pcs operating speed btw.
T4

Latest posts

Back