Treat's Tent Tales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remarkable pics, Tasty -- They look stellar...

Peace

Great pics, your macros of the trichs are amazing!!!! As far as a new grow journal, call it what you want, but if you are posting it "I'm IN!"

lol niiiiiiice . . . the pics are tasty :icon_smile: indeed !!

i tell ya what girl . . . that super macro trich shot shows a leaf surface, ok? . . . in that little space there's nearly 200 trich heads and you can count about 10 of em right there and now that are ambered (5%)

if i was looking at that shot, and the area showed the 200 trichs on a mature calyx instead of a leaf surface . . . . and instead of 10 ambered heads, I saw 20-30 (10-15%) . . . . I would soooo get out the axe and let em have it

jm2c :48:

IAMS- glad you like the pics. I really enjoy taking them- and this is the only place I can share them.

Dan K- Great advice. If I keep posting maybe you can help me find just the right time to get them! Really helpful feedback though. You've helped me soooo much with this grow and it is soooo appreciated.

sMACK ; :giggle::rofl::giggle:

Johnny- thanks much. Glad you like 'em.

Update shortly- chopped the first one last night.

Harvested the younger of the two Big Band max Autos. Youngest plant in the tent- but the one we've been stealing bud from. 88 days from the time she popped out of the soil. Main cola weighed in at 40g (wet with stem and lightly trimmed)

All in all an easy to grow plant- only 2 of the 5 fem seeds germed. But that was at least 50% my skills and no reflection on the genetics.

IMG_3292.JPGIMG_3267.JPGIMG_3297.JPGIMG_3301.JPGIMG_3307.JPG

So here is the box filling up with tasty goodness
RH is at 55-60% - Are they going to dry too quickly?
Temps are 65-68°.

IMG_3321.JPG
IMG_3331.JPG

So I noticed these empty little pods at the base of the branches. Didn't look like boy parts. Had little hairs coming out of some of them.

Is this anything I need to be concerned about? (Sorry for the crappy pic)
Branch is upside down in this pic. At first I almost thought seed pod, but then maybe not.
This was from Fem seed.

IMG_3319.JPG

gee, it all looks so good from here . . . that looks to be quite a nice yield from your auto . . . the RH and temp are perfect for drying, just add darkness and you have all three factors in a good zone . . . the last pic just shows the original, single calyxes that form at branch junctions . . . they are the oldest calyxes on the plant, and the calyxes should swell up a bit at maturity (almost a "false pregnancy" kind of reaction to seeking pollen and finding none) . . . I see nothing at all that should cause you concern . . . but everything I see is causing me to drool !! :spit:

jm2c :48:

DanK,
Cool. You are right, they are clearly the older calyxes. Almost phantom like.

Yeah- that yield seems pretty high for an auto. We will have to wait and see what it's like after it is dried. (if there is any left)

Thanks for the reassurance about the humidity. When I was reading the sticky "curing by the numbers" it is saying 70%. They seem to be drying slowly since the "test" buds I've put in the box haven't had an issue. (Of course none of them made it past 3 days) :D

So much fun watching them change every day. As a newbie- hard to tell when it the perfect time to harvest. I'm letting them go as long as I can- but I think I read somewhere there is a point when you start to decline in potency/quality.

IMG_3472.JPGIMG_3476.JPGIMG_3520.JPGIMG_3522.JPG

And this plant is so bushy- I can't wait to see what it looks like when done. I'm thinking this would be an excellent stealth plant outside- hardly looks like MJ at all.
IMG_3480.JPG

ston-loc
Thanks- that means a lot to me coming from the guy with the giant girls.
Sorry about all your PM troubles. I've added Eagle20 to my list of things to get so I can be preventative if I go outdoors.

Budders (is this a south park reference?)
Thanks much. I love them both- really nice when two passions collide

:yay: for the harvest!!.. :cool2: .. i go by trichs cloudy with 15-30% amber is when i chop. congrats your plants look beautiful..

Aloha
Squidy:ciao:

Squidy
If I wait for 30% amber - I won't be around MP for a while- I'll be immobile on my couch!
The Kush I've got is really strong right now and just started to really change color last night. Little dark, dark points are appearing at the tips of buds. I sooo wish I knew what strain this was. I bought almost 2 years ago and can't remember exactly. Luckily I've got clones (and a few more seed) so I'll be able to enjoy for a long time.

Gonna be getting out the fiskars soon.

Latest posts

Back