Turning the lights back on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20200314_231151.jpg
20200314_233143.jpg
20200314_234626.jpg
@umbra triple grape cabbage pheno is down. Hints of purple, GREAT smell. The grapes come through clearly on the nose. This is a killer plant and unusually agreeable to grow. She was happy start to finish, and came down on time.
Golden lemons leominstah glitter spray cut is shiny and stinky. Weirdly spindly bendable stems, staking was not optional. The super rigid umbra's triple lemon male that @oldfogey8 and I are pollinating it with is extremely sturdy and there should be something more structurally sound in the next generation.
My kitchen smells nice tonight!
20200314_231151.jpg
20200314_233143.jpg
20200314_234626.jpg

Yes this is rough trim, no hatin'. : p

20200314_224110.jpg
20200314_224513.jpg
two interesting plants. First one is the umbra's triple grape purple pheno in early flower, stacking up really elegantly. It's a handsome plant.
Second is a bagseed I found in the bottom of a pound of Jupiter CBD Vermont outdoor. No clue whether it is a s1, natural f1, or herm female-to-female f1. It's doing better than I expected at about week 2-3 flower, in a quart pot. The bag it came from is nice for making glycerin tincture and smoking straight, smells and tastes good, and definitely helps my bum knee. Old ski injury to the right mcl, during a period of my life I had no health insurance, and it definitely enjoys a bit of CBD as a reprieve. If this plant does well, I'll put some outdoors. I have more delicate fish to fry under the lights.

Taking those plants down didn't even make a dent in the mess that is the flower room. There are still plants in there under evaluation on a first run- blue monster, black indica, umbra's Uzbek hashplant cross, and the two different CBD bagseed plants. Once the pheno selection is done, I need to pull back for a bit and go into summer mode. A few of my local folks have been talking about making clone orders for spring but so far no one has pulled the trigger, and I'm holding more rooted n ready plants than I want to care for. Come get your orders, people. The seasons here are weird and kinda disorienting. After winter comes false spring, then second winter, then OMG WHY IS EVERYTHING SO MUDDY then of course wearing DEET as perfume and still getting eaten alive by musky-doos and noseeums, then finally it's sitting in the shade with your feet in a bucket of ice time. Planting time is in there somewhere but kinda gets lost in the shuffle.

Tick season came early this year. Pulled several off my dog, one off a cat and 3 off of me. Trying Seresto collars this year since the drops do nothing but make my pets into transport devices so we get indoor ticks. So far since I put the collars on, no ticks except on me...

rocky mountain spotted fever tick inspections, lol. did outward bound in '75 in CO and it was a real issue and daily inspections were necessary.

The tiny deer ticks around here, which are about the size of a period in news print, carry Lyme Disease(and some other nasty bacterial infections that I can’t remember the names of). Lyme if left untreated with really put a hurt on you and you will be debilitated for life. Really nasty little buggers, literally.

Yeah they're scariest because you don't SEE them until it's too late. My gentleman friend was at the doc Friday having a nasty tick bite inspected. I think he picked it up taking down a tree last Saturday . He was up Thursday night. He had the offending tick in a baggie and omg the bite was nasty looking. No bullseye yet but the welt was like... maroon. They put him on a bunch of antibiotics. Tis the season. Also there is evidence that other bacterial infections from bites are on the... wait for it... uptick.
I'll go now. : ]

Latest posts

Back